• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sambi Lokonga: Sam Be the Man in Midfield?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Back to Sambi, I thought he was good. He's quick to the tackle and covers the ground well. Where he lacks most imo is when the oppo eng is attacking snd he just seems to switch off and stand still-usually when the attacker is close by. It's weird but I trust him to get better with game time

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Back to Sambi, I thought he was good. He's quick to the tackle and covers the ground well. Where he lacks most imo is when the oppo eng is attacking snd he just seems to switch off and stand still-usually when the attacker is close by. It's weird but I trust him to get better with game time
Not weird at all he is 23 and not a finished product like Xhaka he has more upside potential, for that reason he should play because Xhaka has no upside for growth

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
His ability to receive the ball on the half turn is such an important skill to have. Also his ability to use his body to create space for himself is quality. Of course he will have his ups and downs, but he is refining his games in the world's most competitive league, and that can only be good for us.

Great addition to the team.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Not weird at all he is 23 and not a finished product like Xhaka he has more upside potential, for that reason he should play because Xhaka has no upside for growth
I just meant the way he watches the ball when it's so close to him is weird. I've seen youngsters get in to the wrong position or not see danger but he's sort of unique in this way of watching.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I thought he was alright today. Needs to hit the gym cos he got pressed again and it almost led to a goal. I liked that he was showing his rugged side and competed for some balls. Long may it continue.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Very good today kept things simple and he need to shot more he got very nice foot in him

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
He is a world better than the guy he is replacing despite a couple of wobbles in the match in terms of giveaways or getting muscled off the ball. Frankly it’s nice to see a midfielder in these post Wenger days who can make a run into the box and beat some running with the ball if he had to in the final third. He made some nice passes as well, bulks up a bit and has luck with injuries he can be a solid number 8

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Was heavily marked in the first half, so could not do much in the pivot role.

Came alive more during the second half, when Watford eased up on their positioning and marking of him, allowing him more access to the ball.

Very mature for his age in such a difficult league. He already has the basics locked down so he can only get better from here.

Last edited:

Legend14

Established Member
He is young and the position is very difficult, but he filled in ok today.

That said, he needs to work on receiving and turning with the ball. Several times he was caught on the ball because he does not have mastery and therefore takes too much time.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I liked him today. Defended well, attacked and passed well, a shot on target and helped us control the midfield. Yes, he had some turnovers but with time on the pitch, he will get better. He's helping and not costing us. It's a very good debut so far in the most crucial position on the pitch.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom