• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Scouting the Wanderers

Status
Not open for further replies.

slapz

Seeing as they're our next opponents, thought i'd mention whats good n bad about them and how they will line up

The line up i can see them having is :-

Jaaskelinean Good keeper who is good at low shots but does have a problem with high crosses which he seems to drop

Hunt - Good youth player who has made it into the 1st team. He's Bolton through and through showing a lot of heart and desire in getting trying to stop left wingers trying tricks. He would have a problem with pace though so Henry should have some success. He's like Ashley for us
N'Gotty - Compare with Desailly or Sol. This guy is the rock of the team. Originally bought as a right back but says centre back is his main position. With the injuries to Laville and Thome, he has been thrust into centre-defence and has done really well. He is pacey and good header of the ball but does have a tendancies to switch off a few times
Charlton - Charlie is too short to be a centre half but has shown he's got the bottle to fight it out with the best of them and has proved that by Bolton keeping 5 clean sheets in a row. The best thing to say about Charlie is that in dead ball situations, he is beating 6 footers to headers and reads the game well. He's a bit old so freddie and Pires could have some joy playing quick passes in his direction
Gardner - The weakest link in the defence. Is great going forward but is known as " Bambi on ice " by the fans because he can never keep his footing and all the decent attacks against bolton in the past have come down his side and lacks protection due to there being no left winger to help him

Campo - I dont know how this guy got to win a champs league medal. He fouls a lot and loses the ball in his feet. Arsenal's best option would be to pressurise him and he'll give the ball away in dangerous areas and will give lots of freekicks around the box
Frandsen - Strong and has a good shot on him. Otherwise, he drifts in and out of games that Gilberto would have an easy time with him
Okocha - Only true words to describe him.. PURE QUALITY. He drifts onto the left and does his tricks there so Toure would have to watch out for him. Still remember him doing Parlour last season on that wing which i dont want to see again so someone has to stay tight on him
Nolan - Hard working player who plays box to box but has recently been used as a support striker where he has scored many goals this season. He'd be a handful for Vieira but the guvnor will shut him out i hope
Djorkaeff - Bolton's equivalent of a 1998 Bergkamp. Good at crosses and free kicks but has only just come back from a 2 month injury layoff

Davies - usually left on his own up top but he is really strong in the air and does link well with players who come up to help so when he holds it up, theres a chance we could be over-run like what happens when Arsenal attack. His weaknesses are that he isnt that good at shooting and he does like to get himself cautioned chasing lost causes so there could be a few scraps out there

Bolton will play 4-5-1 but with Nolan and Youri becoming strikers when Bolton have the ball so it'd be 4-3-3.

The fans factor will be in Bolton's favour as the atmosphere is intimidating for opponents and they'll will their team on even if they're losing by 2 or 3 so we better not get complacent ( 2-2 from last season ).

This match will be very hard as bolton have shown what they can do to Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle and some of the other big team but i hope they have a stinker on Saturday

I think it'd be a 2-1 win for us and hope whoever has the trip up north has a good time and cheer on 3 points

Adam

Established Member
Excellent Slapz, main site potential. You have an in depth knowledge of Bolton - our insider!

Lukazan

Established Member
I was just watching that little Okocha trick around Parlour. :D

As much as I hate seeing it, it is pure class. Anyone want a look!?

AFCG7

Established Member
Jay Jay is class .. he is so good in tight situations.. in that Chelsea game he had Lampard Makelele and Geremi all around him and still managed to sneak out into space.. we'll need to keep him in Bolton's half of the field

slapz

Adam said:
Excellent Slapz, main site potential. You have an in depth knowledge of Bolton - our insider!

Well, until January this year, i did live in Bolton and know the club/team inside out. Still have friends who are Wanderers fans and I have been to a few Bolton games this season when Arse have played on Sunday or away.

I forgot to mention that the fans do get on a player's back if he has a few bad touches. Current target of the boo-boys is Pedersen when he comes on.

vin de guerre

Slapz, a great piece. Can you just clear up one thing:
How the hell do you know all this and stay in y bed twenty four hours a day?
Isn't time to change the sheets or at least the baby? :mrgreen:

slapz

vin de guerre said:
Slapz, a great piece. Can you just clear up one thing:
How the hell do you know all this and stay in y bed twenty four hours a day?
Isn't time to change the sheets or at least the baby? :mrgreen:

The wife changes the sheets and the babies.

I've explained in the post above yours how i know a lot about Bolton. I only sleep for 23 hrs and 30 mins btw

We have to be up for a fight on Saturday or else we'd be in for a long 90 mins so lets hope Pires and Freddie dont go into their shells

slapz

I don't know a thing about west brom apart from Koumas being good on free kicks so cant do a scounting mission on them ;)

vin de guerre

On a serious note regarding the Wanderers game. I for one and I guess I wont be alone in saying that I sincerely hope we give them a trully memorable thrashing. It is pay back time for last season a good professional hammering is required. :evil:

slapz

vin de guerre said:
On a serious note regarding the Wanderers game. I for one and I guess I wont be alone in saying that I sincerely hope we give them a trully memorable thrashing. It is pay back time for last season a good professional hammering is required. :evil:

But wasn't last season's 2-2 draw our fault as opposed to anything to do with Bolton as we scored the 2nd goal and then invited them onto us and scored into our own net to give them the draw they needed.

I know most Bolton fans were expecting them to just pick up 3 points in all of December and mid Jan as they have Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U and Liverpool coming up with a home tie with Leicester in there and then hope they arent too far in the relegation mire. They got 3 points already v Chelsea so anything else now is a bonus

XxGoonaStuxX

Bolton is always a hard game. Especially away at the Reebok stadium. last year the fought really hard and I expect them to do the same this time round to us.
Hopefully our key attacking players: Henry, Pires, Ljungberg, Wiltord/Bergkamp and Central midfield (Vieira and GIlberto) need to be playing well.
Today at Blackburn our Central Midfield pairing did not win the majority of the midfield battle and played pretty poor and will have to do better to expect anything at Bolton. our attacking members will also haveto be more lethal when finishing and not let it drag on as it always seems to. too many watsed chances which cost us the title last time round.
As usual I expect Campbell, Toure, Cygan/Keown to be rock at the back as they have shown us in the last couple of games.

reggiepaul

I think the boys will be up for vengeance after last season. It was an awful game last year and the team will want to change things around and show them exactly how Bolton made arsenal the better team they are now. This by slotting a few goals past them.

n_henry

Yeah, hopefully we do feel like a bit of revenge after last season :twisted:

Think it'll be pretty tight...they did just beat Chelsea at the Bridge :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Latest posts

Top Bottom