• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sead Kolašinac: The Assist Man's Bodyguard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
I’m so keen on Sessegnon it’s unreal. I’d pay up to 40M for him.

Friendship with Fekir ended. Now Sess is my best friend.

You must watch a heap of football. From the Premier League, to Ligue 1, then to the Championship. Respect mate, must have a lot of free time on weekends I'm taking.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Sessegnon seems to be more of an attacker. Not that I watch that bollocks, but at 16 years of age or whatever, he's killing the Championship. Would be a shame to use him as LB.

At least you acknowledge that you don't watch him play, seems like those above watch enough of him to know that he's the missing piece, better than Kolasinac and some have even given the club a limit they should spend :lol:

I find it funny when I hear people tell me how good he is and how he's scoring for fun at left back, when he's actually not playing left back. Clearly a super talented kid but there have been an absolute abundance of free scoring wingers in the Championship who haven't been able to make the step up to the Premier League, it's a different beast.

But yes, I don't think I've seen enough of Sessegnon to come on here and claim he's a better fit than Kolasinac, when 6 months ago those same people were calling Kolasinac the signing of the season and our player of the year.

I think Kolasinac is a quality player, with a great set of attributes. I don't think he was a Wenger signing which is why Wenger doesn't use him and I also think his confidence is rock bottom. With a good pre-season, a new manager and a run of games I have every belief that he can become our first choice left back next season.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You must watch a heap of football. From the Premier League, to Ligue 1, then to the Championship. Respect mate, must have a lot of free time on weekends I'm taking.

Not really, there’s a highlight show on channel 5 you can catch up on, I’ve tried to make an effort to watch Fulham since he’s been smashing it.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
At least you acknowledge that you don't watch him play, seems like those above watch enough of him to know that he's the missing piece, better than Kolasinac and some have even given the club a limit they should spend :lol:

I find it funny when I hear people tell me how good he is and how he's scoring for fun at left back, when he's actually not playing left back. Clearly a super talented kid but there have been an absolute abundance of free scoring wingers in the Championship who haven't been able to make the step up to the Premier League, it's a different beast.

But yes, I don't think I've seen enough of Sessegnon to come on here and claim he's a better fit than Kolasinac, when 6 months ago those same people were calling Kolasinac the signing of the season and our player of the year.

I think Kolasinac is a quality player, with a great set of attributes. I don't think he was a Wenger signing which is why Wenger doesn't use him and I also think his confidence is rock bottom. With a good pre-season, a new manager and a run of games I have every belief that he can become our first choice left back next season.

The way he started the season for us you have to feel there is a decent player in there. He was getting back well and getting rave reviews as well as scoring a few goals too. I hope we persist with him and as you say with a new manager and a good pre-season he could be a starter.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I haven't felt he had a place here as of late because he isn't a Wenger player, but maybe another manager could make better use of him despite his limited passing ability. If he does go though, I hope we can pick up a decent fee. Just unsure if wages are an issue.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
He doesn't look like the same player we've seen at the beginning of the season.

He was a tank. Full of confidence. And his passing was good.
Since his injury issues he's never been the same.

I just hope a new manager will give him his confidence back, with a full pre season.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
what was different in the set up last season that meant he got left back of the season and now looks totally out of place in a dead rubber where 18-20 year olds looked ok?

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan

If the Buvac rumours are true, this makes a lot of sense now. Was never a Wenger signing but is a player that has been linked to Buvac in the past.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Not sure if you're being serious, but being a young player in the BuLi team of the season, and free makes more sense to me.

... only for Wenger to come out and basically he say he can't play in his favoured formation and a 20 year old right footed midfielder was a better option :lol:

Kolasinac was not a Wenger singing, Wenger did not drop those type of wages on a player that apparently can't play in a back 4.

pikey2000

Maybe its a confidence thing or maybe its a coaching thing but for me he looks way to rushed on the ball which results in him giving the ball away and his positioning defensively is questionable.

Defo looks more like a wing back to me and in our current squad where we ship goals for fun we really need a solid defensive LB especially if Bellerin is at RB, you can't expect to be solid defensively with two attack minded full backs, one error prone CB and another who is on the decline physically.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He looks technically below par for us and has done for a while now. Just hoofing it up the pitch isn’t good enough at Arsenal.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
At the start of the season this guy was an utter beast. He'd get forward so well.

I have confidence that he will return fighting under new management. You gotta admit... its difficult beating Monreal to the team, the guy is one of the most underrated players in the BPL

TakeChillPill

Established Member
People forget how well he was playing at the start of the season. He's technically sound and could actually pick out a pass...from an attacking perspective he was very good. Also won us the charity shield (not that it counts for anything).

What he lacks in agility he makes up in raw strength. His confidence is shot atm. I think a new boss would to wonders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom