• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sébastien Frey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sover

Re: Sebastien Frey

USArsenal said:
well, i would take him over Almunia or Fabianski, but not so sure now that he f*ed his shoulder up.. that could end up being a chronic injury for a keeper

Maybe that will encourage AW to go for him.
Chronic injuries appear to be one of the pre-requisites for our squad. :(

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

It's funny how we're being linked with a new goalkeeper each day.

I'm surprised we haven't been linked with Boruc again.

I would be more then happy if we signed Frey, but I have a horrible feeling we may go for AZ's Romero.

Bossa

Established Member

USArsenal said:
wont get into the Given debate, but I disagree about Lescott.. there's a reason that Lescott is on the bench now while Kompany is starting at CB (whom they bought to play CM)

actually wish we would have snapped Kompany up at the time

I thought that Lescott is injured. He was very very good before he got injured and he formed a great pair with Kompany keeping Kolo on the bench.

Floating

Established Member

I thought Kompany was quality against us at the Emirates - a real dominant performance.

ibby

Established Member

Frey said to Gazzetta dello Sport: "I have spoken to (Fiorentina president Diego) Della Valle.

"I will speak again with him after the holidays.

"In life, at times, you need new challenges and I cannot hide the fact that I need that.

"Perhaps finding new challenges doesn't necessarily mean leaving, it could also mean that I could stay provided the team is reinforced.

"Next season we will not play in Europe and that is why we need a strong team to be at the highest level in Serie A."

Fiorentina failed to replicate the form of the 2008-09 campaign where they finished fourth.

The Viola ended the season in 11th place, 20 points behind Sampdoria, who clinched the last Champions League qualifying spot.

Rorz

Established Member

Sounds like he wouldn't be against jumping ship to us, if we showed an interest in him.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐

Or United but hope to Christ it's is. Chamkh and Frey would be a great start to the summer. Keep Fabregas and add a quality CB and it'll be a massive improvement

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

irishgunnerz said:
Or United but hope to Christ it's is. Chamakh and Frey would be a great start to the summer. Keep Fabregas and add a quality CB and it'll be a massive improvement
this..

then we can work on getting a CB or 2 and maybe either a winger or another CM.. come on, even Cesc would have to see the instant improvement in the squad..

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Cech
VDS
Frey
Gomes
Given/Hart
Freidel
Reina

Not as laughable as Almunia or Fabianski but still by far the least reliable keeper on the list for the top 7 teams. Gomes bar his 2 months of madness has been excellent.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

GoonerGurjit said:
I would be surprised if we sign Frey. I think Rob Green is a more likely signing.

Sadly me to. Rob Green, David James, Mark Schwarzer, Tommy Sorensen are much more likely.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

why do you think he is that less reliable? because he plays for Fiorentina? he hasnt let is many more goals at Fiorentina than Friedel, Gomes or Given have in the past couple years..

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

truth_hurts said:
GoonerGurjit said:
I would be surprised if we sign Frey. I think Rob Green is a more likely signing.

Sadly me to. Rob Green, David James, Mark Schwarzer, Tommy Sorensen are much more likely.
i would be mortified if we signed Rob Green.. surely Wenger cant be that stupid?

qs

Established Member

truth_hurts said:
GoonerGurjit said:

Because Wenger has such a habit of signing players from the Premiership.

-vapour-

Ah that article has sllightly less quotes than the skysports one.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6170060,00.html

Frey confessed that he was disappointed with the reactions of their supporters when they were not succeeding in the league, stating that despite his love for the club, he was giving his future a lot of thought.

"This season I have seen things that hurt me, our fans that go 10 minutes before the end of the match for example," he added.

"I can't say whether I will go or I will remain here, but I am thinking very much. Me at Juventus? Let's speak about other things."

Maybe Arsenal isn't the best destination...

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

I think it call comes down to money despite the rumoured amount of money Wenger has to spend this summer. Green will probably be available for around £5m. Frey would probably cost double that.

Viking

USArsenal said:
truth_hurts said:
GoonerGurjit said:

i would be mortified if we signed Rob Green.. surely Wenger cant be that stupid?
He always does brilliantly against us. Maybe he'll do brilliantly for us too?!

ricky1985

Established Member

USArsenal said:
truth_hurts said:
GoonerGurjit said:

Maybe I'll look like an idiot in a month or two, but, I don't think there's a chance in hell we're even remotely interested in any of those guys.

asajoseph

Established Member

I hope you're right. They're all in the middle bracket of premiership keeper, along with almunia.They
all belong at mid-table clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom