• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Send the youngsters out on loan ?

MK5

I think AW faces a though dilemma now that we're out of The Carling cup. Players like Senderos, Clichy, Hoyte, Quincy and Pennant ain't gonna learn much or by any means become ready for the first team by playing in the reserves for the rest of the season, so either AW's gotta let them go out on loan or give these guys a few games for the first team.
What do you think he should do? I know the kids services may be required at some stage if we get a lot of injuries but all these players will need proper, competitive first team football if they're going to develop and since it seems that Wenger not is very keen to rest any of his stars to give the young guns a chance I think he has to gamble and let these kids go out on loan. It can make big difference for us in the future, I actually got doubts that Ash would be the player he is today if he hadn't gone on loan to Palace as an example.

Mark

Established Member
I hope they play in the FA Cup, maybe even the Premiership, but knowing how we do things, I know we won't. Sigh.

sabret00the

Established Member
he said he'd give them the FA Cup depending on whether or not he was still in the CL or not, if we are then i hope it's a more mix and match team, as the whole midfield yesterday didn't look upto scratch for me and RvP would've done well with a more seasoned striker partner, Senderos and Toure/Sol would be drool worthy.

MK5

Gunner4life09 said:
well how about the F.A cup?
The FA cup is far too important ! Imo it would be better resting Henry, Vieira, Sol etc now and again in the Premiership against teams like WBA and Blackburn than maybe in an FA cup game away against Liverpool or ManU !

Soler

Established Member
Since we never seem to get Football League oppoonents in the FA Cup I doubt they'll get a go. Although Bentley did score against Boro.

Allyboy

Established Member
The FA Cup cost us the CL last year, if we are in the same situation again I am sure Wenger would sacrifice it and rightfully so!

Ratinho

Established Member
I think guys like Lupoli and Ryan Smith could go out on loan to local London sides, as I don't think they look ready for the prem yet, but I would keep guys like Senderos and Quincy because if we do get any bad injuries, we might need these guys.

MightyArsenal

No, wenger wont let them out on loan. He knows theres too big a chance that they will get crocked. Its mostly english youngsters or ones that have been here for a long time ie volz.

Someone like lupoli will never be sent out on loan due to his style which would rub people up the wrong way I fear.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
Since we never seem to get Football League oppoonents in the FA Cup I doubt they'll get a go. Although Bentley did score against Boro.

Tis true. I was just thinking earlier how unlucky we've been with Cup draws over the last few years. Obviously you want to beat the good teams, but it'd be nice to get a run of games that didn't include Chelsea, Boro, United, Newcastle or Liverpool just once.

Maybe Tottenham though...

MK5

MightyArsenal said:
No, wenger wont let them out on loan. He knows theres too big a chance that they will get crocked. Its mostly english youngsters or ones that have been here for a long time ie volz.

Someone like lupoli will never be sent out on loan due to his style which would rub people up the wrong way I fear.

You're probably right about Lupoli. He can still learn in the reserves and needs to learn how things are done at Arsenal properly before he can go out on loan but players like Senderos, Hoyte, Clichy, Pennant and Quincy will not develop playing for the reserves, In fact I think they learn more during a training session with the first team than they do playing for the reserves. I suppose AW could send them out on a "month by month" loan like he did with Pennant last year so he still have the option to call them back every month in case they would be needed.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I think it's unlikely that Senderos will go anywhere on loan- especially given all the injury trouble he's had. Nor will Pennant, he's had his time on loan and Clichy is part of the first team squad when fit so he won't be going anywhere. Hoyte and Quincy are possibles though and I wouldn't be against it.

Jonny

i don't think our squad is large enough to start loaning out the players. we especially need the defenders, such as hoyte and senderos just to provide cover for the first team. other than cygan and edu there are not any other senior players who act as cover

Corny

Some have to play in the early FA cup rounds, last year proved we can't win the big treble and really 2 was there to be had. I think Wenger will use the youth at least 3 or 4 in the FA cup to aid our bids for the CL and Prem.

Jkreffer

Established Member
I would like Hoyte togo out on loan. Perhaps Quincy aswell, but i think Senderos should stay.

Chips&CurrySauce

Pennat, Senderos, and Hoye are too close tothe first team to go out on loan.

There is no way Lupoli or Smith will o on loan either, its obvious that Arsène really ratea these two, and the kids he really likes he treats them very protectively, besides Smith needs reserve team football to get his fitness and confidence back.

As oneteaminlondon said Quincy could go on loan and I seem to recall QPR being interested, which would be a good move, Simek aswell and possibly Larsson.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady
Top Bottom