• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Serie A Thread

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Calhanoglu is playing some Ballon d'Or stuff these days. Ridiculous transformation from a long shot merchant to the most complete midfielder in Europe this season

Don't follow Serie A or Inter that much but what I've read is that Inzaghi basically moved him deeper to a 6 role where he can spray some ridiculous balls from deep.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Calhanoglu is playing some Ballon d'Or stuff these days. Ridiculous transformation from a long shot merchant to the most complete midfielder in Europe this season
Being moved back unlocked his long passing and the ability to dictate play. Went from a nothing special creator at AM to a great one in the regista role. It's the exact same transition Pirlo went through, just not as early on in his career.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Don't follow Serie A or Inter that much but what I've read is that Inzaghi basically moved him deeper to a 6 role where he can spray some ridiculous balls from deep.
Yea but he's not a pure dictator from deep either he gets about all over the pitch. The biggest change in his playing style is how in Italy he learned to relish the defensive side of things, in Germany he was a lazy git.

Got the experience of 500+ top flight matches too, shows it's never to late to adapt and learn.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Yea but he's not a pure dictator from deep either he gets about all over the pitch. The biggest change in his playing style is how in Italy he learned to relish the defensive side of things, in Germany he was a lazy git.

Got the experience of 500+ top flight matches too, shows it's never to late to adapt and learn.
I'm hoping he can bring some of this to the national team in the summer, he's notoriously been much worse for the country than the club. He's the reverse Paul Pogba. The NT is coached by Vincenzo Montella, who must be paying attention to the Serie A quite a bit, so I expect us to use him in a similar role in the summer. Not sure if we have the midfielders to surround him though, Salih Özcan from BVB seems to fit the bill, Orkun Kökçü from Benfica I'm not that sure about.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I'm hoping he can bring some of this to the national team in the summer, he's notoriously been much worse for the country than the club. He's the reverse Paul Pogba. The NT is coached by Vincenzo Montella, who must be paying attention to the Serie A quite a bit, so I expect us to use him in a similar role in the summer. Not sure if we have the midfielders to surround him though, Salih Özcan from BVB seems to fit the bill, Orkun Kökçü from Benfica I'm not that sure about.
Had no idea Montella took over for Turkey. Was he doing well for Adana, he became a bit of a joke towards the end of his time in Italy.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Keep close eye on Thiago Motta he very promising coach will definitely move on soon to top club

Bloodbather

Established Member

Had no idea Montella took over for Turkey. Was he doing well for Adana, he became a bit of a joke towards the end of his time in Italy.
Yep, did very well for Adana Demirspor. Led them to a top half finish in their first season in the Süper Lig, then got Top 4 in the following one.

Turkey had just drawn at home against Armenia and got battered by Japan in a friendly when he took over, then they went on to beat Croatia away, smash Latvia 4-0, and beat Germany away in a friendly with him in charge. Topped the qualifying group ahead of Croatia.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It'll need major meltdown for inter to lose the title now they have game in hand 10 points is just too much with way they playing.

The top 3 likely decided the last place for CL will be be interesting many teams fighting for it

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom