• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sevilla V Arsenal - Tuesday November 27 - 7.45pm

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

We will loose if we play our second string side. Sevilla are a good side especially at home and I don't think we will come away happy. 1-0 to Sevila with Fabiano with the only goal in a boring-ish game...

Gurgen

Established Member
Why this pathetic mentality?

It's only Sevilla people. We beat them 3-0 at home and we weren't even trying.

Cesc will run the show there, he destroys every Spanish team.

Illusion

Established Member
I see Sevilla scoring, but I see us scoring more if we play a strong team.

Their team is very good, but we destroyed them when we were at home. Spanish teams generally don't play rough, which really suits our playing style, so I expect a win.

entropy13

Established Member
Illusion said:
I see Sevilla scoring, but I see us scoring more if we play a strong team.

Their team is very good, but we destroyed them when we were at home. Spanish teams generally don't play rough, which really suits our playing style, so I expect a win.

I don't want Sevilla to score though. Can we beat our own record in the CL for the most number of consecutive clean sheets and minutes without conceding? :p

Zico

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Why this pathetic mentality?

It's only Sevilla people. We beat them 3-0 at home and we weren't even trying.

Cesc will run the show there, he destroys every Spanish team.

Well, we beat Slavia Prague 7-0, yet struggled against them a fortnight later.

I think there is a big difference between an attack marshalled by Fabregas and Hleb versus one led by Denilson and Eboue. Sevilla have been terribly inconsistent this season, but in Alves, Kanoute, Fabiano , etc, they have players who can hurt a second-rate Arsenal side.

qs

Established Member
tactica442 said:
I am confident that a draw in Seville will be enough for Arsenal to finish at the top of the group for the KO stage. I read somewhre AW said he will rotate players and the lineup will be like the one in the Slavia away game. AW will unlikely risk many of his regular XI in this game, considered Hleb and RvP's absence and the next three away PL games (Villa, Newcastle, Boro) within the following 9 days after the sevilla match.

I guess the line-up will be:

Almunia
Sagna, Kolo, Senderos, Clichy
Eboue, Gilberto, Denilson, Diaby
Bendtner, Eduardo

Substitution: Lehmann, Hoyte, Song, Diarra, Cesc, Walcott, Adebayor

I hope Cesc won't have to come up to save the team a point.

I love that line up. Its near enough spot on. I'd probably play Hoyte instead of Sagna though, the lad needs games and it'd be nice to rest Bakary when we can. Definitely no need for our best 11, do people not believe in our squad or something? We've much tougher, much more important games in the coming weeks so we should keep Fab especially rested.

Alfonso

Established Member
qs said:
do people not believe in our squad or something? We've much tougher, much more important games in the coming weeks so we should keep Fab especially rested.

I do beleive in our squad but playing Seville away is a different animal. Yes, we beat them 3-0 at home, but they were still suffering the effects of the death of Puerta. They are much more dangerous now.

Also, there is another thing about keeping our momentum. A loss in Spain could derail our current form.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Squad announced:

1. Jens Lehmann
3. Bacary Sagna
4. Cesc Fabregas
5. Kolo Toure
6. Philippe Senderos
7. Tomas Rosicky
8. Lassana Diarra
9. Eduardo
15. Denilson
16. Mathieu Flamini
17. Alex Song
19. Gilberto
24. Manuel Almunia
26. Nicklas Bendtner
27. Emmanuel Eboue
30. Armand Traore
31. Justin Hoyte
32. Theo Walcott

qs

Established Member
Alfonso said:
qs said:
do people not believe in our squad or something? We've much tougher, much more important games in the coming weeks so we should keep Fab especially rested.

I do beleive in our squad but playing Seville away is a different animal. Yes, we beat them 3-0 at home, but they were still suffering the effects of the death of Puerta. They are much more dangerous now.

Also, there is another thing about keeping our momentum. A loss in Spain could derail our current form.

I think if we lose here it will mean very, very little. Not only that it would stop this "unbeaten run" **** before it gets out of hand. Its barely noticeable in the media now but you can see it creeping in more and more the longer it lasts. It has to end sometime so I'd rather it ended in a meaningless European game when we've already qualified and field a 2nd choice team than for the 1st team to lose in the Premiership and suffer a reaction like after United cheated us out of 50.

More importantly we can win this anyway and while I do respect Seville they're not what they were and they've lost their last 2. I'm not saying play Merida and Gibbs I'm saying play the first team squad, its what they are there for.

Zico

Established Member
Thanks, Kaids. That's a very comforting line-up. Clichy, Gallas and Adebayor deserve a rest. That's the way to do rotation. Rest a few key players each game.

henry79

ibby said:
GoonerGurjit said:
Interesting that there is no Gallas, Clichy or Adebayor in the squad. Who's going to play at left-back?

My guess is Traore.

my guess it's flamini with either gilberto or diarra playing in CM. with adebayor rested I am looking forward to seeing bendtner playing against sevilla.

ibby

Established Member
henry79 said:
ibby said:
GoonerGurjit said:
Interesting that there is no Gallas, Clichy or Adebayor in the squad. Who's going to play at left-back?

My guess is Traore.

my guess it's flamini with either gilberto or diarra playing in CM. with adebayor rested I am looking forward to seeing bendtner playing against sevilla.

I doubt it but I guess we will see tomorrow.

tam1886

Established Member
henry79 said:
ibby said:
GoonerGurjit said:

My guess is Traore.

I reckon Hoyte will play there before anyone else does. I'm glad to see those players have been left out. It's a great chance to rest them with the gruelling schedule ahead.

Rohit

Established Member
I don't think Wenger should tinker too much for this game, we can beat them and clinch first place and then we can rest our whole first team for the last game.

USgoonergirl

Established Member
tam1886 said:
henry79 said:
ibby said:
GoonerGurjit said:

My guess is Traore.

I reckon Hoyte will play there before anyone else does. I'm glad to see those players have been left out. It's a great chance to rest them with the gruelling schedule ahead.
i was thinking Hoyte might as well, though i wouldnt mind Traore. Nothing against Flamini but i hope one of our true fullbacks plays there.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom