• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

should we offer kanu a new contract?

satan_beckham

of course hes 27,he dont looked old or out of pace or lack of skills like bergkamp now,so why are u guys thinking as though he is like 30 plus?I want him to stay,we need him,wiltord is confirm leaving,bergkamp likely to retire and even if he remain he is already nowwhere near his best.if he argee for a paycut then i see why not?

Andrew

I think he's back. He's never exactly been really bad, and we all know what he is capable of. Maybe not a regular, but he's an excellent squad player.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
I say we should keep him. I dont know why he's been out of wilderness for so long. Hes a valuable squad player and capable of producing magic to open up stubborn defences. A super-sub, if you will.

And think about it, hes been 4th choice behind Bergy, Wiltord, and Jeffers, and yet he never requested a move away or complained about not receiving regular first team action. I think he genuinely loves the club and is willing to do whats best for the team.

Keep him!! :p

Henry's Girl

patrick42uk said:
JazzG said:
Nope but I think we all know how reliable the passports are there ;)

i'v got a passport from 'there'. does that automatically mean i'm faking my age? explain, please

I have a passport from Nigeria and i'll like to know too.

JazzG said:
I'm not saying that.

From developing countries many people lie about their age. My family is from India and I know some of my grandparents actually didn't know how old they are, so they took a guess.
that doesnt explain anything to me

JazzG

Established Member
What I'm saying is from developing countries people will lie about their age or in some cases they don't know it so they will take a guess.

Kanu sure doesn't look like someone that is 27, he looks much older so that is why I'm not sure whether he is actually 27.

Great Gunman

No, Arsenal shouldn't offer him a new contract, not at all. I'm Nigerian as well and know the one:

1) Kanu isn't 27 like he says his passport, blantaly. Take a lot of him; he is obviously around 32yrs old.

2) He is one of our highest paid players.

3) If I'm paid off the highest paid player in Arsenal, hell yeah, I would on the bench and wouldn't complain, so what, - I'm getting paid. Hint, Hint - Chelsea Bogarde, Oh yes it still their.

4) When he does come on, he is useless and I can't remember when he last score.

5) He heart isn't at Arsenal.

So get rid of him, Wiltord and Jeffers, fast.

Not all Nigerians are from the bush and illiterate, okay!!!!!! :evil:

P.S. JazzG, of course some your grandparents actually know their age, records were not kept then, now they are. OK.

tbbosa

JazzG said:
What I'm saying is from developing countries people will lie about their age or in some cases they don't know it so they will take a guess.

Kanu sure doesn't look like someone that is 27, he looks much older so that is why I'm not sure whether he is actually 27.

Man just shut the **** up !! U don't know what U talking about, . i have been to Africa and India and there is nothing like gueesing years for someone of high profile like Kanu, Kolo etc...would you tell me Sachin Tendulkar can lie about his years and people don't get to know.

You just an un-informed twart thats all...go hang!!..U talk like U have never been to school.

Anyway AW should just give Kanu another deal ..with a significant paycut ofcourse.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
zerofeel said:
u guys,dont forget kanus a unique character with 15 feet of elastic feet... n hes about to put it to good use for us...dont ditch him yet! ;D hehee

Too right, he has magnets in them feet too. How does the ball stick to him like that? Lower his wages ...etc.

thegame24

Established Member
any way have any of you stop and thought about what kanu went through? he had heart surgery and that can hit a person very hard, so cut the guy some slack when he doesnt produce the pace or when he looks nackered.

i admit when i saw him i thought he was older but hes just unlucky with the heart and he looks like he gained a few years.

oh yea, nigerians they are very nice people, hell my parents lived in nigeria for a few years and they said the people there were very friendly people. nigerians illiterate? my arse! most nigerians i know never stop talking lol.

PS:
why do i always get warnings about things i said about Turks, im not saying Jazz is racist as i think hes a great person but shouldnt there be a warning on this post considering there are a few nigerian posters who seem upset?

Oh yea tbbosa, calm down. i dont think jazz meant to offend anyone.

thegame24

Established Member
oh yea back to the topic lol.

I WANT HIM TO STAY. hes to good and unpredicatable to just let go he is ver ****ing unique. however, he has to take pay cut.

AFCG7

Established Member
on this season's evidence i think we can give him a 1 or 2 year contract.
Risky maybe, but i think Wenger has given him confidence and it shows in his effort this season.

gunner_11

I think, that with more consitent time on the field, Kanu could be an excellent player still. I think his raw talents are being wasted at Arsenal, as he is not getting a regular game. I would like to see him stay, but be played. That doesnt look that likely, so it would probably be best for him to move to a club where he would play more of an integral role.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom