• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Some positives ….

dutchMasta

jibber said:
I never said it was knee jerk to try and belive in Arsenal, I said if you believed in the team two weeks ago, and now do not, you are having a knee jerk (which means automatic) reaction.
And I'm saying it's not knee jerk, because it's a situation that happens time and time again, getting into a situation where you start to believe, and then we bottle it. How many times does it have to happen until Wenger is considered unfit to continue? After all, it does boil down to him and his consistent failings in addressing obvious weaknesses that have plagued us for years.

jibber said:
I also said that some people have been negative for a long time, and those people are not having knee jerk reactions. So I really dont know why your having a rant about it. I guess you are emotional, which is fair enough, but it is probably causing your knee jerk reaction in the first place. If you weren't so upset, you would probably realise that the world is not over....yet.
Wasn't replying to that, basically agreeing that those negative aren't knee jerk, but disagreeing that those who were positive but suddenly turned negative are knee jerk. Defo am quite emo, but didn't say the world is over. Still pinning my hopes on the CL. And with Chamakh almost definitely coming in the summer, at least I know we've got 1 quality signing in the bag.

jibber said:
Helping create a negative vibe around the club right now is the last thing you should be doing. A spot in the champions league is far from assured, and whilst your voice alone has little baring on that, 10 thousand voicescan. Booing at home, not cheering the team, placing wenger under pressure with calls for him to be sacked could destabalise the team further, and make it harder for us to qualify.
Spot in the CL is the least of my worries. Confident we got that. While support is what we need short term, maybe long term it is better to boo, though now isn't the time for that. But if we miss out on CL, and aren't in a good position to win the league, I wouldn't hold it against anyone who booed the team, as a message to Wenger more than anything. Booing Eboue made him stronger. Could do the same to Wenger. Wenger's living in a world where criticism doesn't exist, where you can play badly 2-3 games in a row and still start the next match. That world doesn't and shouldn't exist.

jibber said:
Then again the way some are going on here they might hope we dont qualify, just so its more likely that wenger is sacked. some fans.
Agreed, that's a silly extreme, and too big a price to pay. But haven't seen anyone say that.

Bossa

Established Member
Some positives for me is that our midfield is very strong with Song, Diaby and Fabregas. And we are basically over our injury crisis. We can actually field our strongest XI apart from Robin.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'm not sure how much of our midfield strength was down to Essien's absence. I think had he been playing, it would have been even worse.

Feanor

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
I'm not sure how much of our midfield strength was down to Essien's absence. I think had he been playing, it would have been even worse.

QFT.

outlaw_member

Established Member
General said:
Clearly the result does nothing for our season but we aren’t gong to lose to many teams with this performance and today probably proved why we are the third best team in the league, sadly. I can’t remember the last time I saw an Arsenal team physically out-muscle Chelsea but there you go. Once again we were undone by the same old naivety issues.

The Song-Cesc-Diaby midfield will be a revelation, that I am convinced of. If we can keep that trio for the rest of the season then I truly believe that there are some pleasant surprises awaiting us. That midfield has more or less everything you could hope for and most importantly, the duo of Song and Diaby is as powerful as it could get.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Biggus said:
Wenger can't live forever.

Can he?

Henry eventually wasn't good enough. Graham eventually wasn't good enough. Rocastle eventually wasn't good enough. Vieira eventually wasn't good enough. So is it so unrealistic that Wenger eventually won't be good enough, if he isn't so already.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
arsmile said:
MDGoonah41 said:
Yep. Huge issue. We need 3 legitimate midfielders and let Cesc play ahead of them and do/go wherever he wants.

i completely disagree with this. the 'cesc the second striker' experiment from 18 months or so ago was an unmitigated disaster- he is quite obviously a central midfielder.

I wouldn't play him right behind the striker in the typical #10 role. But I would play him in front of three midfielders, with Arshavin, and give him a free role to move about in the final third and not concern himself with the defensive side of the game. He's our most creative player, and he's developed his shooting ability much moreso now than 18 months ago. Get him closer to the goal.

I just don't think a 3 man midfield containing Cesc is going to work against good teams.

Cesc is a playmaker he dicates play with his passing ability and ability to find space...CM is his best position because it utilises his best attributes, passing, creativity, control tempo and great stamnia!

TakeChillPill

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Biggus said:
Wenger can't live forever.

Can he?

Henry eventually wasn't good enough. Graham eventually wasn't good enough. Rocastle eventually wasn't good enough. Vieira eventually wasn't good enough. So is it so unrealistic that Wenger eventually won't be good enough, if he isn't so already.

If Wenger spent as much as Chelsea and Man U,he would be good enough; in actual fact we would win the league every year and would have won the CL by now.

The Club, board, and wenger have a philosophy and they're sticking to it...i believe if wenger eased up a little bit and spent money on a world class GK and CF....we would be top of the league!

Biggus

Established Member
I clung on to that possibility for a long time too Chill, but he won't- because he's come out with the same old rubbish about us being the only team that played "football" I think he's lost it.

Invincible

Established Member
Two of our big team problems (GK, ST) look like they'll be solved next season with the inclusion of Szczesny and Chamakh.

Get a CB and a DM in now and we're sorted! :p

Abs

Established Member
Invincible said:
Two of our big team problems (GK, ST) look like they'll be solved next season with the inclusion of Szczesny and Chamakh.

And a Sagna on the left, then we are talking. Unless Clichy really shows something remaining of the season

P_Gunner

Abs said:
Invincible said:

And a Sagna on the left, then we are talking. Unless Clichy really shows something remaining of the season

We don't know who we will lose though. Apart from that, we shouldn't expect too much from Szczesny yet.

Abs

Established Member
P_Gunner said:
Abs said:
Invincible said:

We don't know who we will lose though. Apart from that, we shouldn't expect too much from Szczesny yet.

m certain we will lose Gallas, the Smalling signing tells me that. If Arsenal were willing to match man u bid, and we will have Vermaleen, and Sjourou for sure next season. i dont think we would spend that much on a fourth choice. We will see another CB come in

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989
Top Bottom