• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

south africa!

KingReyes

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
There is absolutely no way in saying that somebody is not ready to host a World Cup, is being racist. That's just moronic. South Africa are hosting simply because Africa hasn't yet ... pathetic.

True, and lets not forget the sympathy vote from FIFA after losing out by 1 vote and all the controversy surrounding it in the 2006 bid.

gunner01

Have any of you ever been to South Africa??

The FIFA technical commitee have and they confirmed that South Africa have to infrastructure, capacity and know-how to host an event of this size.

We hosted the Rugby World in '95, the Africa Nations Cup in '98 and the Cricket World Cup '03.

Maybe hosting the World Cup in '06 would have been premature but we are more than ready and capable of hosting it in 2010.

Admittedly there are things that need sorting out but 6yrs is enuff time for us to do that and the econmic benefits this event will bring will certainly help in our continued development.

I think the world is ready for something little differenet but the proof will be in the pudding -

BRING ON 2010!!!!!!!!!!1

Sammer

Established Member
Let´s not forget that good old Sepp Blatter was elected as FIFA president by paying off a lot of african represantatives....

Still, within Africa, South Africa is the best choice...one positive aspect of it:

Europeans don´t have to get up at some silly time to watch the WC :shock:

Aussie

Established Member
South Africa are very capable of hosting the world cup. They have done the rugby and the cricket with great success. Have any of you auctually been to SA. I do belive a few new stadiums are going to be built. Im sure it will be a sucess.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom