• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squares, circles and triangles : The 2023/24 statistic thread

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
@Gooner Zig

@SA Gunner

You might find these stats interesting!

Interesting indeed.

Think we'll also see more of a directness return to our play for the second half of the season. I think our more patient style this season has preserved our legs more, and given us a better chance on the injury front.

The directness will get more out of Marintelli, Saka and Nketiah as well. Which is what we need to do more.

bergholt

Over a longer period of time, these things average out.

The problem here is that Gabby's finishing has evened out over a long period of time - he's consistently a significantly below XG finisher. We're going to stay below XG while we hope he's going to score goals for us.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

@Gooner Zig

@SA Gunner

You might find these stats interesting!

Hmmm not sure I like this chart - the classification into "title winning form", "UCL form" etc. seems a bit arbitrary to me as it uses pure xGD/90 which can fluctuate wildly per season - e.g., the 99 pt Liverpool champion team had an xGD/90 of < 1 ffs while 2nd place City who finished 18 pts behind had an xGD/90 > 1.

According to this chart, that Liverpool team weren't in "title winning form". Indeed, it considers our 100 pt pace start last season to not be in title winning form. Isn't that objectively rubbish? Am I reading this chart incorrectly?

Hmmm not sure I like this chart - the classification into "title winning form", "UCL form" etc. seems a bit arbitrary to me as it uses pure xGD/90 which can fluctuate wildly per season - e.g., the 99 pt Liverpool champion team had an xGD/90 of < 1 ffs while 2nd place City who finished 18 pts behind had an xGD/90 > 1.

According to this chart, that Liverpool team weren't in "title winning form". Indeed, it considers our 100 pt pace start last season to not be in title winning form. Isn't that objectively rubbish? Am I reading this chart incorrectly?

When you say it I agree. Maybe the classification into the groups needs to be defined better?

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom