• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Steed Malbranque

Viper

Established Member
Courier said:
2 years ago he was talked about in the same breadth as SWP when he was at city. For fans on here to say he is not good enough for us I for one disagree and feel he is better than both Freddie and Pires.
I believe the reason behind that is because he plays for a small club. Anyone who watches Malbranque play for Fulham would notice that he is a good player.

patrick42uk

Established Member
AFCFan4Ever said:
pha2er said:
cant believe someone said steed's better than hleb, just wow.

Good for a laugh I say. :lol:

What a joke, there's absolutely no comparison...Hleb is far and away the better player.

i also read someone say hleb is the best dribbler in the prem. based on this season, i disagree on both counts. the only argument is that hleb has played below his full potential and we are hjoping that changes next year. but theres never any gurantees

AFCFan4Ever

patrick42uk said:
i also read someone say hleb is the best dribbler in the prem. based on this season, i disagree on both counts. the only argument is that hleb has played below his full potential and we are hjoping that changes next year. but theres never any gurantees

I agree that he's played below his potential this year but given that he's playing in a new league with new teammates in a new system, I thought he had a pretty decent year. His injuries didn't help either. He's been one of the real key components in our CL run too.

I like Steed don't get me wrong but if you're going to talk about him and Hleb, there's no comparison IMO. I think one of the reasons Steed has looked so good is because quite frankly he plays for a small club without a lot of star power...hell almost anyone with a bit of talent is going to stand out for Fulham.

Jkreffer

Established Member
He is a very good player, but probably not what we need right now. A useful addition though i it were to happen. He can score goalds which is something our midfield hasn't really done this year as much.

Viper

Established Member
Jkreffer said:
He is a very good player, but probably not what we need right now. A useful addition though i it were to happen. He can score goalds which is something our midfield hasn't really done this year as much.
He is the type of player which we exactly need. He scores goals!

I want Ribery but thats unlikely for him to come here, so I think getting Steed would be a good signing.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
AFCFan4Ever said:
patrick42uk said:

I agree that he's played below his potential this year but given that he's playing in a new league with new teammates in a new system, I thought he had a pretty decent year. His injuries didn't help either. He's been one of the real key components in our CL run too.

I like Steed don't get me wrong but if you're going to talk about him and Hleb, there's no comparison IMO. I think one of the reasons Steed has looked so good is because quite frankly he plays for a small club without a lot of star power...hell almost anyone with a bit of talent is going to stand out for Fulham.

Your talking crap. What you mean theres no comprison? Hleb is not a superstar like you guys make him out to be. He has had a very mediocre season.

Thats crap tbh hes at a small team and despite his team being **** he looks fantastic AGAINST good teams. This bullshit going aroung that you look better in a small team makes me laugh. Whether your in a Big team or a small team you will still be playing against the same teams week in week out and if you cause those teams problems whats the difference if your in a bigger team?

Makes no sence. Infact at a bigger team it would make him a better player.

AFCFan4Ever

Yeah and the **** you're spouting about Hleb is just as ridiculous...did you not see any of him in the Bundesliga? Oh I guess you didn't see him dominate Bayern Munich or Man Utd. or Chelsea in the Champions League, you're right...he's horrible...I mean I bet Malbranque could do that since he's suddenly Pele. Give me a ****ing break, you're basing your argument on one "mediocre" season from Hleb...one that wasn't really all that bad considering all he had to deal with. You have your opinion and I have mine, period...just try to chastize me because you happen to not agree.

Here's a simple question though, if Malbranque is such quality and is the God of football out of nowhere than why has he been with Fulham all this time and not moved on to a bigger club? Hmmmmmm....

siddharth

Malbranque is a fantastic player and i would love him at Arsenal.He would be a massive improvement over freddie on the left wing but then where does this leave walcott ?

As for the comparison between hleb and steed it's a non-starter.Hleb is a classical playmaker who enjoys playing in a free role whereas steed is a winger who can run at defenders,dribble past them and score and setup goals.Hleb is playing for us on the right wing and i don't see wenger playing him in his favoured role in the future.I'm afraid we will never see hleb's true potential for arsenal coz his effectiveness is considerably reduced on the wing.Another thing is hleb will never score enough goals no matter how hard he tries.

When hleb and steed are compared on the right wing , malbranque wins hands down .But for now i would want wenger to sign him and replace freddie first and then think about hleb.

dronan

If pires leaves I honestly wouldn't mind seeing malbranque join us. I don't think he would be that costly since he's going into his last year of his contract. Not my first choice but if better alternatives fail to materialise then... However I seriously doubt wenger would be in for him though...

AFCFan4Ever

siddharth said:
I'm afraid we will never see hleb's true potential for arsenal coz his effectiveness is considerably reduced on the wing. Another thing is hleb will never score enough goals no matter how hard he tries..

Well you must not have seen much of Hleb because when he was at Stuttgart, he played a lot on the left wing and was very good there. It's true that he's probably better off in the central of midfield but he can still be very productive from the wings...he's shown that at Arsenal.

And I don't know why you guys keep harping on about Hleb and his lack of goals scored, that is not what he is about and that's not why Wenger bought him. Do you really think Wenger bought him with the intention that he'd be a goal scoring machine from the wing like Pires or Freddie??? Of course not...if he wanted that type of player, he would've bought a Malbranque or a SWP.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
AFCFan4Ever said:
Yeah and the s**t you're spouting about Hleb is just as ridiculous...did you not see any of him in the Bundesliga? Oh I guess you didn't see him dominate Bayern Munich or Man Utd. or Chelsea in the Champions League, you're right...he's horrible...I mean I bet Malbranque could do that since he's suddenly Pele. Give me a f****g break, you're basing your argument on one "mediocre" season from Hleb...one that wasn't really all that bad considering all he had to deal with. You have your opinion and I have mine, period...just try to chastize me because you happen to not agree.

Here's a simple question though, if Malbranque is such quality and is the God of football out of nowhere than why has he been with Fulham all this time and not moved on to a bigger club? Hmmmmmm....

I bet you watched that Comp of Hleb and now your getting excited. Fact is Hleb has been average this season and he is not going to ve any better on the right winger, Steed is much better there. Hleb played behind two strikers in the BL and that formation is never used in the Premiership.

Your saying all this crap yet your not even comparing the two and noone has on this thread because if you did everyone will know that Steeds ability wins hands down as he has more to offer then Hleb.

I like Hleb very much but Steed can do better job on the right then Hleb.

AFCFan4Ever

You're right, Steed Malbranque is the God of football...how silly of me, Alex Hleb, myself, and EVERYONE ELSE MUST BOW DOWN TO HIM!!!

Buuuuuuuuut having said that you still haven't answered my question, if he's so good and better than Hleb...why did Wenger opt for Hleb over him and why has he been stuck at Fulham? I'm just curious, that's all.

f4evo

Malbranque is definitely a good player, but I think Hleb is better or atleast has better potential, that said i wouldnt mind Malbranque if he came cheap

malbranque is a quality player who would fit into most premiership clubs. but if we want to move this club forward we need world class players with bags of potential. hleb is a player who has raw potential that wenger obviously thinks he can mould into a world class player. anyway how many french caps does malbranque have at 26???

>YounGunner<

Established Member
fabregas_is_our_king said:
malbranque is a quality player who would fit into most premiership clubs. but if we want to move this club forward we need world class players with bags of potential. hleb is a player who has raw potential that wenger obviously thinks he can mould into a world class player. anyway how many french caps does malbranque have at 26???

Wenger never buys world class players.

By your logic Wenger would not have gotten Henry or Vieira etc. It does not matter if we dont buy world class players under Wenger we are always moving forward

Viper

Established Member
>YounGunner< said:

By your logic Wenger would not have gotten Henry or Vieira etc. It does not matter if we dont buy world class players under Wenger we are always moving forward
Davor Sukor was world class.

Arsenal_4eva_14

Viper said:
>YounGunner< said:

Davor Sukor was world class.

Amen. Suker was one of the best in teh world and was 29 odd as well

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom