• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stephan Lichtsteiner (Done)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
How the **** can it take so long to tie up a deal for two OAP that barely anyone wants? We've been closing to finalizing these two deals for almost a month now... If they are having trouble with these guys, I can't imagine how hard it must be if they had to compete with other teams for actually attractive targets.

First link for Licht was a week ago mate :lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Wenger already had Xhaka in the door two years ago, while Poldi was done before the Euros in 2012.

Just saying.

Maybe it's a struggle for some of these guys to get things done because they're so used to the great man either doing it himself or holding their hand while they do it.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Great story unfolding here. Was it Wenger who stalled on deals, and whose ignorance led to us losing out on top players summer after summer? Or was Ivan sabotaging Wengers chance for success? We'll find out come August.

Last edited:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Wenger already had Xhaka in the door two years ago, while Poldi was done before the Euros in 2012.

Just saying.

Maybe it's a struggle for some of these guys to get things done because they're so used to the great man either doing it himself or holding their hand while they do it.

Lichtsteiner is on duty with Switzerland at the moment. They have a match against Spain tomorrow, so this was never going to get done before that. Maybe not until after their game with Japan on the 8th. I mean, he just ran out of contract yesterday. There's no need to rush it.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
He is in the Starting 11 vs Spain. So he will have a lot of work to do, so you can watch him.
Xhaka due to his injury isn't, Zakaria is playing for someone interested.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Did someone say Zakaria?

tight.gif

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
He is in the Starting 11 vs Spain. So he will have a lot of work to do, so you can watch him.
Xhaka due to his injury isn't, Zakaria is playing for someone interested.
playing his 99th game for the Swizzies - and looking good

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Switzerland are ranked 6th in the world and have an impressive defensive record, so signing their captain of the past couple of years would be excellent business, and a great replacement for Per/Kos

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
Switzerland are ranked 6th in the world and have an impressive defensive record, so signing their captain of the past couple of years would be excellent business, and a great replacement for Per/Kos
Just started watching the game now. How is he looking pace wise? Hope he's still got some left in him.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's done ok and should be able to mentor Bellerin whist being competent on the pitch too. A one year deal is ok. He'll certainly rattle any slackers and is well versed in gamesmanship as he's that type of guy.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
Yeah those two crosses were probably better than crosses over the span of bellerin’s career

It's always struck me as a bit weird that players don't or can't improve their crossing. It's not an innate skill, the more one practices the better they get and these players literally practice all day. So with that said Bellerin has plenty of time to learn and maybe Lichtsteiner will help him out on that front. I'm hopeful.

GDeep™

League is very weak
At his age I can pretty much guarantee he’s going to get brutalised in the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom