• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stephen Sunday

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Arsenal have been linked with moves for Ejido midfielder Stephen Sunday.

The 18-year-old has been a first team regular for Ejido in Spanish football's second tier, and it is thought Real Betis are preparing to bid for his services.

However, reports also claim that the Nigerian has impressed Arsenal, and an auction for the player could ensue.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=9529" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=9529</a>

F_Henry

For some reason, when I read this I thought about John Obi Mikel :? . I appreciate the team scouting very thoroughly but I'd like to see more English youngsters at Arsenal. Even though they are overpriced, a couple of English players would benefit everyone. I wouldn't want our own Obi Mikel case lol.

If that idea fails we can always sign yougsters from Barca :wink:

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
Never heard of him, If anyone has some kind of info on him please do share it with us! I don't think anyone here watches Spanish second division week in week out in particular but maybe Rocky knows something about him!

ultimus

I don't want overpriced young english talents. Arsenal is an england-based club, not a government-sponsored club. If you want to fight with the top dogs, you have to play like them and you can't win european cups with 50% of domestic players on the field. Especially with overrated english players. If you feel a bit patriotic, support the like of Swansea, Scarborough etc.

_scorpion_

Established Member
He is a defensive midfeilder, very strong in the tackle and can hold the ball up well.

Would be direct competition for Song.

Aussie

Established Member
pha2er said:
_scorpion_ said:
Would be direct competition for Song.
fantastic - maybe we'll win the reserves league next season ;)

Well I think the yiddos won it last year. So would good to pinch it of the pricks. Dont want them having anything.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
we are going for spainish based players in recent years. but div 2?. hmm

F_Henry

ultimus said:
I don't want overpriced young english talents. Arsenal is an england-based club, not a government-sponsored club. If you want to fight with the top dogs, you have to play like them and you can't win european cups with 50% of domestic players on the field. Especially with overrated english players. If you feel a bit patriotic, support the like of Swansea, Scarborough etc.

Patriotic? I'm Canadian. I just think it's to everyone's benefit that Arsenal have more english players. i'm not saying like 7-8 but just 2-3 more. The players have been publically speaking about rifts in the team a couple of years back because barely any players spoke English very well. Even Reyes said he wouldn't mind more English players because he finds it hard to learn the language on his own and finds it difficult to communicate openly. And Players are OVER-priced when you don't do your scouting properly. Would you say that Rooney was over-priced or even Walcott?

Army of Me

Established Member
rooney cost £30mil, and theo cost (up to) £12mil - of course they're overpriced ffs.

any english player transferring to another team are overpriced - michael owen, shaun wright-phillips, andy johnson, rio ferdinand etc. all vastly overpriced.

F_Henry

pha2er said:
rooney cost £30mil, and theo cost (up to) £12mil - of course they're overpriced ffs.

any english player transferring to another team are overpriced - michael owen, shaun wright-phillips, andy johnson, rio ferdinand etc. all vastly overpriced.

Everyone thought Rooney was over-priced, but he has already lived up to his pricetag. Even though Man.U spent so much money, I guarantee you anyteam with 30 Million would do the same if the knew how good he was going to be. And surely Theo will live up to his pricetag. My point was Arsenal should invest in a couple more English talents who will be worth their pricetag, since Wenger is so good at spotting unknown talents, We should get two more English talents preferably Curtis Davies and Midfielder. So I hope you understand that I know English players are over-priced at FIRST but some of them are worth the money ( i.e Rooney), and those are the players we should get.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
F_Henry said:
pha2er said:

Everyone thought Rooney was over-priced, but he has already lived up to his pricetag. Even though Man.U spent so much money, I guarantee you anyteam with 30 Million would do the same if the knew how good he was going to be. And surely Theo will live up to his pricetag. My point was Arsenal should invest in a couple more English talents who will be worth their pricetag, since Wenger is so good at spotting unknown talents, We should get two more English talents preferably Curtis Davies and Midfielder. So I hope you understand that I know English players are over-priced at FIRST but some of them are worth the money ( i.e Rooney), and those are the players we should get.

Arsène has had his fair share of English flops so I doubt anymore splashing out except it's someone special..like Theo.

sabret00the

Established Member
Shadow Moses said:
F_Henry said:
pha2er said:

Arsène has had his fair share of English flops so I doubt anymore splashing out except it's someone special..like Theo.
he's had his fair share of french flops too, he still splashes out there.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady
Top Bottom