• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stop the crap, step up RVP (Dennis won't be over turned)

Sol man

Unfortunately I just seem to be losing faith with RVP. He seems too tempremental. He also seems to lack awareness, there are times iwhen a player is free and he completly ignores them and goes for a 40 yard shot. I am also not that convinced with his passing ability.

seb_afc

Established Member
im not too sure on van persie myself....i personally think bentley who is a similar player would do a better job than RVP. anyone agree?

Mark

Established Member
When he got a run of games in the team around December he looked like he was improving, but as so often he was dropped. He won't learn or develop from the bench.

Canuck

Established Member
He's yet to impress me as well, though I think that once he plays more he will settle into the team well. At least I hope so. He sounds like he is happy at Arsenal and is willing to work hard. Expect better things from him next season...

sabret00the

Established Member
Mark said:
When he got a run of games in the team around December he looked like he was improving, but as so often he was dropped. He won't learn or develop from the bench.
i think that nails it on the head, it's impossible to really impress people with only ten minutes left, you yearn to make your mark too much and thus all logic and reason often goes outta the window.

marhes26

Bentley is a show off who is more interested in showboating then playing a early ball.Even on the untouchables DVD he says he likes to do tricks to entertain the crowd...yeah mate thats good if its constructive at the end of it.If i want to see tricks i'll go to a magic show.

sabret00the

Established Member
marhes26 said:
Bentley is a show off who is more interested in showboating then playing a early ball.Even on the untouchables DVD he says he likes to do tricks to entertain the crowd...yeah mate thats good if its constructive at the end of it.If i want to see tricks i'll go to a magic show.
lol, Bentley is no where near the class of RVP but ultimately he's injured till the rest of the season and without a sudden recovery and/or bergkamp blackmailing the FA, we're gonna have to be reliant on RVP unless Wenger's fallen out with the lad.

hesham

Established Member
Looks like im the only one who think that RVP is class and all he needs is a run of games.. I really think that this kids is the future he has ALOT of talent and skill but needs to be given time to blend into our team espsialy if hes gona be given somethin a bit like the Berkamp role which requires even more time to get used to how the rest of the players move..
He hasnt even been given 1/2 the chance reyes has and hes being written off!!

sabret00the

Established Member
seriously me and my cousin were on the phone today talking about that turn he done on the touchline all day, we both think he's class, he's actually been dubbed Nosferatu :lol:

hesham

Established Member
yea it was pretty sick.. with turns like that mean he definitly has the ability to free himself up which is essential as a striker (the goal when he equalised against cant remeber who) all he needs now is a bit of vision and to know were the other players are which will only come with games.

Also its bloody been a while since we got some1 who can cross a decent corner!
pity though cause ive heard he's pretty good at headin the ball

Asterix

Established Member
Well, with Bergy and probably Reyes out for 3 games he'll get his chance - interestingly Aliadiere scored last night in the reserves, so he may get a run too

Mark

Established Member
Aliadiere eh? He won't get a better chance than this to prove himself. He's certainly not impressed me so far.

sabret00the

Established Member
nah way too soon for ali, i wouldn't like to see him playing till september, i want him to make it but that will only come with patience on his part.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom