• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Subbuteo

air

I figured this good old game should have its own topic even if it's not being procuded anymore, I think it was six or seven years ago when Hasbro decided to call it a day. It's not on computer or a video game system, if anyone is not familiar with it I can tell it's an old table football game played with a pitch, 22 figures and a ball. You flick the player with your finger towards the ball to kick.

I searched the forums for "subbuteo" and picked up a few matches, obviously some people have played the game so this would be a good place to post any memories of the game.

I dug up the game from the attic just yesterday, I have around 20 teams and an astropitch with all kinds of details like little cameramen figures and a subs bench. It's good fun with company but the flip side is that it's boring to fiddle around with on your own and it does take one big space to play, there was no table big enough to fit the pitch in my house.

If anyone if further interested I can offer you a link, there is no official Subbuteo site I believe but this one is very complete, have a look:

http://www.subbuteoworld.co.uk/

Lukazan

Established Member
I used to have a set, absolutely loved it when I was younger.

But no one in my family (apart from my dad, but he was always busy) is interested in footy so I never had anyone to play with.. :( (Awwwwwwww!) but when I did get the odd chance to play with my mates it was brilliant fun! :D Not sure if we were ever playing it properly though.

Sith_Gooner

I use to love this game when I was a kid.......I bought the Arsenal team and a few others one christmas, had a main stand, corner stand, even dug outs.

I remember my older brother had a team who he painted a new kit on them and called them Davie's daleks, he always kicked my arse though.

If it wasn't for computer games, it may still be a favourite.

Gooner83

haha, i loved this too as a kid.

The stadium development was my fav thing and of course the coloured nets rocked ;D

I remember taking it into school on one of those fun days with my arsenal team 8)

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom