• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Summer Transfer Deadline Day 19/20

Ban American_Gooner for posting fake announcement tweets?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

That would of killed us if it went through.

He’s a better player than he’s been able to show at Atletico tbf.

Guess there’d be no PEA if that’d happened. I’m still gutted Pep didn’t let us get away with that Alexis - Sterling swap.

What's gone wrong with him at Atleti? He sort of seemed the perfect winger for you.

He’s not meant for a 4-4-2 in the way we played last year, where he sits so deep and has major defensive roles.

He’s good when he can get forward and put in crosses but we didn’t really do it that much last year.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

He’s a better player than he’s been able to show at Atletico tbf.

Guess there’d be no PEA if that’d happened. I’m still gutted Pep didn’t let us get away with that Alexis - Sterling swap.

I thought Jose was going to let us have Martial, it made lots of sense in my head.

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
@parishioner how do you feel about this? Genuinely?

I would like to believe that the transfer request was simply something Parish and Zaha agreed to improve the finances of a last-day transfer.
Parish will have wanted to have given Wilf every opportunity to find a buyer to meet our valuation. Realistically, this is window-dressing on the part of Parish as a cash offer today would leave no time for replacements.

Don't think Everton were anything other than Zaha's team's stalking horse to flush out an improved offer from Arsenal or, in Parish's mind, to prompt Chelsea to make a move.

Not training today with the rest of the squad on the prep day when tactics will be being discussed for our game against Everton on Saturday is simply common-sense. Wilf was never going to start that game due to AFCON so would not have been central to prep.

Talk now of a new contract with a release clause for next season, in which case we live to fight again. Disappointing for Wilf, no doubt, and hopefully he will be taking his frustrations out on EPL defences. Would not expect there to be much love for yours come October....

Wilf on the bench on Saturday to come on to what I hope would be a tumultuous reception.

Just my take. I might be majorly wrong and it might all have been about the money and the £200K/week Everton were offering. Would be very disappointed if that proves to be the case, but would not diminish the utter joy it has been watching him at Palace over the years.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Charlie Nicholas Sky Pundit . . . Another great Celtic player who came to Arsenal

"But the facts are, if Arsenal are going to sign players who are better than they already are, then I’m all in. There is no problem in that for me. And David Luiz, even though he takes risks, probably fits the Arsenal criteria much better than what Arsenal currently have.

"So Arsenal needed to sign two centre backs for me - I’m still hopeful that one more may come in, like Daniele Rugani – but the signs are very promising.

"But I hold my hands up, I have been very critical of how Arsenal have tried to do business in the past. Finally, they have supported the manager, they have let him get on and it looks very exciting now.

"And defensively, if they sign him, I think it could be a cracking deal for Arsenal."

Louvala

I'm getting Demba-Ba-loan-ish vibes there, great memory

Jose f***ed us over back then, too scared to see Özil linking up with Demba

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
All quiet on CB signing for Leicester. I guess young Turk from last summer will finally get his chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom