• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Super Depor!!!!

Sol man

What a fantastic performance by Deportivo. its just dsadder that it could have definately been our year in the CL ifw we had beaten Chelsea

laolu

we've NEVER beaten Depor, or have we? even if we have, they've beaten us more times than we've beaten them. Why is everybody assuming that beating Chelsea would have given us the title

IMO Monaco beat real, Porto beat the Mancs and Depor beat Milan

The "best" 4 teams in Europe were beaten at one time by these four teams in the semis. give them credit

mskey

we hammered depo in the uefa cup a few seasons ago, but everyone hammers them at one time or another and they always seem to repay the compliment :lol:

Sol man

We have beaten them before(Kanu scored a cheeky goal). I am not taking the credit away from them but I feel we had a really good chance to win it this season and we might never get anotyher chance like this

Mark

Established Member
That's a ****ing sensational result! I'm in complete disbelief! How can anyone beat AC Milan 4-0? How can anyone score 4 goals against them? They weren't resting players were they??

timberford

i remember that kanu goal. he dummied the ball and sent the entire north bank the wrong way! the keeper dived to his left and kanu hadn't even touched it, he just let the ball role in the net! absolute class, he may aswell have bent down and headed the ball in the keeper was that embarressed!

AFCG7

Established Member
Deportivo and the greatest comeback of all time in the CL : TWICE!!.. check this article :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 205774.stm

and then today.

What on earth.... people say cricket is a game of glorious uncertainties.. but what are the odds of Porto beating Man U , Chelsea beating us, MOnaco beating Real, and Deportivo beating MIlan..even after being down 4-1 in leg 1.

AFCG7

Established Member
Kanu's ggoal was superb.. i even remember the TV commentary... trailing of with : Songo'o left with egg on his face.

Football can be so unfair and yet so brilliant sometimes.. as the results yesterday and today shows.

James

Established Member
Depor were quality. 4 goals against 'the best defence in europe' and 3 of them coming in the first half was amazing. The attacking four, Victor, Luque, Pandiani and Valeron were outstanding. Come on Depor (Or Depot as Hoddle likes to call them :lol: )

dynasty

it shows it was never to be the giants year..it kinda made me feel better at least we didnt have 3 goalleads like milan and real!!!

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
dynasty, i feel the same.... i am still gutted that we lost, but realistically, our loss was the most believable of the 3.... if Real cant beat Monaco and Milan cant hold a 3 goal lead, then our closely fought 2-1 loss isnt as bad as people think it is.... my only problem with our loss is that it was to a team we have lost to in 5 years.... :evil:

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Latest posts

Top Bottom