• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Svard ready to quit Gunners

beanz

It's refreshingly honest, to see a young footballer who is'nt afraid to admit, that he's not quite up to the high standards set by Arsène.
I must admit that I've only seen him in the odd cup game, so ca'nt really pass judgement, but good luck to the lad, wherever he ends up. :mrgreen:

Jinn

Established Member
Yes, it's good to see him admit that he won't cut the grade at Arsenal. Good luck to him wherever he goes in his career.

ozgooner

what ever happened to putting your head down and just work, work and keep working at improving your game until u cant be overlooked for a side? i have always found the reward greater when u do that and earn your stripes at a club rather than take the easy way out and go to where they let anyone walk straight in to the side...........like spuds

asajoseph

Established Member
Hey Oz, don't be too hard on the guy, he's probably been doing that at Arsenal for years! Football is talent as much as hard work, although you won't succeed without both. Obviously he's realised that the former is lacking...

ozgooner

yeh true! i was taking a leaf out of my own book then cause i have had to work really hard in every sport i have played. but in saying that the rewards are starting to show now. just wait a few years and hopefully u will see me on the professional darts circuit. in a gunner shirt of course

jc8gooner

It is a shame, especially when I recall him being compard to Vieira a few years back. However, we must accept that only a small percentage of our youth players will make it at THOF. This really comes as no surprise to me however. No player just wants to waste their playing days away in the reserves (apart from perhaps Winston Bogarde :wink: ). I could see him at a lower Premiership club or a top Coca-Cola Championship side, like Leicester or West Ham.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
he's been working hard for a few years at the club... but when we keep buying better players that will always be in front of him, he wont ever get a full shot in the first team.... he's 21 and at this point, if you arent ready to make the break into our first team, maybe it is time to move to a club where you could be in the 1st team... he wont get to keep "futhering" his skills playing in the reserves.. for the sake of his career, i think its a good choice on his part...

AFCG7

Established Member
He knows he wont get into the team then..
I mean we just got Flamini and promoted Cesc after Ray left.. if ever he was going to have a chance it would have been now.
Wenger getting Flamini means he is still low in the pecking order.

MightyArsenal

Wait a second...paddy will be leaving (thats certain), parlour has left, flamini hasnt got clearance yet and might not even get it, edu still hasnt signed a contract and hasnt even trained for arsenal yet and to top that all off we have a 17 year old playing his first season with gilberto who lets just say doesnt really excite some gooners. I think wenger wont let him go unless flamini and edu's situation is sorted.

A

Anonymous

Wenger showed great confidence in giving him a start against Oxford in the cup a couple of years back, but he seems to have stood still after that.

Good luck to him anyway.

CloudWalker

I think he should get a loan like Bentley, if Vieira stays he won't get much a chance to play, it won't do him or Arsenal any good.
Hope he make in Arsenal bcos apart from Cole we don't have any youth that came straight from the Academy and making into the team - Hoyte, Taylor and Bentley are on the verge;
So dun give up Svard!

A

Anonymous

asajoseph said:
Football is talent as much as hard work, although you won't succeed without both.

I'll say one name here to prove u wrong ... Parlour

He was never a techincally gifted player - but by god he made up for it in his work rate!

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom