• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Club confirm Sven Mislintat leaving Arsenal on February 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenalfan4ever

Established Member
Sokratis is 29. Seems like a short-term addition to get the new defense going. I haven't watched him play so cannot comment on his playstyle.

All that is going on right now is very tricky and risky. Hope everything turns out well.

We are in for a ride. Hold on to whatever you can (and I don't mean your body parts).

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
OK, I admt that I am finding it a bit odd that so far Sven is basically signing players he knows and targeting players from Germany :lol: Cos when he was IN Germany, our players where arriving from all over the place, not that it was just him alone of course that was scouting, but ya know what I mean. I'm sure he'll widen his horizon soon.

Dj_sds -

OK, I admt that I am finding it a bit odd that so far Sven is basically signing players he knows and targeting players from Germany :lol: Cos when he was IN Germany, our players where arriving from all over the place, not that it was just him alone of course that was scouting, but ya know what I mean. I'm sure he'll widen his horizon soon.

There is a lot of pressure on him to deliver so this risk averse style seems logical. Maybe in the coming years he will take more risks.

Stannis

in your opinion who would be better for Arsenal, Sokratis or Evans. No doubt Sokratis is the better player overall, but what I have seen of him this season hasn't filled me with much enthusiasm

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Team for next season :

UoxX0Tm.jpg

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal fans lack patience. They already forget he signed young talented player from Greece we'll see more of that in few months

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
One of the things with Sven signings and his targets are that they all have names very difficult to spell.
It is hilarious when you hear Merson and others as they fumble.

Even here, you had loads of members who spelled: Car-zola, Wil-shire, Wilt-shire, Ramsey etc...

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Well we don't really know who he is signing. I have a hard time believing the media are doing anything more than pulling Bundesliga names who might fit a need out of a hat. Until he actually signs more Dortmund players it's more of a media driven narrative than a real pattern IMO. That's not to say it couldn't be the case but I doubt Sven is telling every reporter in a new country he's just arrived in what players he's after. Honestly Mkhi and Auba seem more like cases of right place/right time signing coincidentally helped by Sven's former position more than the beginning of any real pattern. We shall see though.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
in your opinion who would be better for Arsenal, Sokratis or Evans. No doubt Sokratis is the better player overall, but what I have seen of him this season hasn't filled me with much enthusiasm

I haven't see a lot of Evans in recent seasons to be honest.

I wouldn't let this season cloud your judgement too much, he's been very good for us overall. Our whole defence has been all over the place this season just gone. Part of the reason, as well as 3 coaching changes in quick succession, is that we've not had a vaguely settled defence for any of it. Every defensive partnership that could be used has been used. As well as every formation. I'm sure Sokratis must have played with about 7 different central defensive partners too in his time at Dortmund, we've had a crazy turo over in that position.

He's a good pro too, wont be nicking any taxis ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein
Top Bottom