• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Takehiro Tomiyasu: Takehiro Today, Injured Tomorrow

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Hopeful with this signing BUT I'm convinced it doesnt matter which defenders we sign, the moment they get here its like they lose the brain they had and get converted into dumbasses.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Absolute panic buy of the highest order, getting a midtable serie a defender reeks of desperation and in all honesty this deal shouldn't have been sanctioned and it's worrying that KSE are still backing Edu and Arteta like this.

We can only hope this guy becomes a decent squad option

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
It feels like we are getting mid table quality signings but at more of a top of the table cost currently; but I know little of this player so won't judge him.
Agree with this generally and the "midtable" vibe around this windows signings is worrying although some of them should improve with experience.

That said though, £16m for Tomiyasu doesn't feel too overpriced. Apart from English premium White & Ramsdale the fees haven't been excessive. It's more the quality that is a concern imo (more so when looking at City, Chelsea & Man U's business)

GLITCH

Sadly he didn’t choose us over Sp**s. They turned him down so they could sign Emerson Royal - who sadly looks a very good prospect. They also had that little **** Tangana playing well so opted to reject Tomisayu.

Still, I guess some of our fans spinning this angle sums up how desperate we have become for any small token of joy - even if it is all a fabrication. :(
Look at this S**** fan saying "us" and "we".

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Welcome Takehiro Tomiyasu, I'm hoping you are a success at the club.

I see him playing in a back three as part of a 343 this season, with or without Arteta. The fact that we kept AMN gives as that RWB option. This is what I see as an option to rescue our season to be honest.

As for Tomiyasu in a 4, now that would be most interesting to me. If he brings a Wan-Bissaka like contribution to the right hand side, then at least we are defensively sound in that area, albeit not much different from an attacking sense. It would be interesting to see how he works with Pepe down that right hand side.

I like such signings, they are low cost and we can recover our funds if it doesnt work out. Smart business by the management team on this one.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Welcome Takehiro Tomiyasu, I'm hoping you are a success at the club.

I see him playing in a back three as part of a 343 this season, with or without Arteta. The fact that we kept AMN gives as that RWB option. This is what I see as an option to rescue our season to be honest.

As for Tomiyasu in a 4, now that would be most interesting to me. If he brings a Wan-Bissaka like contribution to the right hand side, then at least we are defensively sound in that area, albeit not much different from an attacking sense. It would be interesting to see how he works with Pepe down that right hand side.

I like such signings, they are low cost and we can recover our funds if it doesnt work out. Smart business by the management team on this one.

I guess he plays RB in a back 4 but in reality on the pitch Tierney plays so high up that he'll essentially stay back and it'll be a back 3.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I guess he plays RB in a back 4 but in reality on the pitch Tierney plays so high up that he'll essentially stay back and it'll be a back 3.

Yup, spot on with that assumption IMO. That tucking in allows Xhaka to continue in a double pivot, and slotting into that left halfspace behind Tierney as we've seen. Hopefully Tomiyasu and Gabriel can handle the aerial balls better, and White can start replicating those Luiz through passes.

There is something to work with in the squad, with Arteta or not.

Bloodbather

Established Member

This signing indicates that we plan on having Tierney constantly overlap on the left. Tomiyasu is a defensive RB who can play CB, he likely will tuck in and form a 3-man defense when we're on the attack.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Welcome to Arsenal TT.

I admit to never seeing him play, but will support him and hope he turns out a great signing.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Welcome to Arsenal Tomiyasu! Hope you can provide some solidity in the weakest part of our line-up.

Pyres7

This signing indicates that we plan on having Tierney constantly overlap on the left. Tomiyasu is a defensive RB who can play CB, he likely will tuck in and form a 3-man defense when we're on the attack.
I don't like the sound of that. It means our RW will get no support again and 90% of our attacks will be from Tierney on the left.

It will be good to finally have a RB who can defend though. Our right side has been a weak link for years.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I think this is the plan as well. It makes the team lopsided and predictable though, even with Tierney who is very good on the overlap. Hope that Tomi at least has the ability to provide something similar from the right when we need to mix it up

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I know nothing about him. Physically he looks the part so lets see how he does.

Welcome to the madhouse Tomi

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom