• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Takehiro Tomiyasu

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’ve watched a quite a bit of Tomiyasu because some of his stats jumped out to me in 2019/20 when I did a data scraping experiment off FB and he was up there with Cuadrado for best RB in Serie A and he’s really interesting.

Basically he’s a brick sh*thouse so you’d imagine he’d be a centre back but he plays as a right CB like Walker does for England and sometimes as a RB in a four.

Basically he loves to get forward and on the ball is a lot like a Southampton era Van Dijk, Maguire or Vermaelen used to. Charges up and down and there’s a great freedom and technique to his play even though he’s so hench. He makes clangers both in and out of possession but the basic parts are there.

He’s someone I could see being a world class CB in a few years because he’s a multiple tool player. The right back thing with him is the major problem because when Mihajlovic put him there he’d be great at carrying the ball down the flank and had a good first touch but he couldn’t cross the ball at all.

He doesn’t get the shape or speed on his crosses so if you’re playing in a four like Utd have found with Wan Bissaka it’s going to extremely limited the effectiveness of your team going forwards. He kills attacks further up the pitch when you have to be intricate on the ball.

Still though like AWB he’s an absolute rock defensively. If we got him and White I can guarantee we’d be transitioning to a three at the back. You’d still need a RWB who can get up and down.

The only value one I’d take is Conor Roberts, not great technically but is a constant goal threat from RWB, has insane stamina levels and can put a good ball in.

A window of White, Roberts, Tomiyasu, Lokonga, Savin, Onana and Olise would be elite business and not too expensive.

Last edited:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He is quicker than Bend White. That alone is a yes. Nothing worse than a slow ass defender

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Di marzio too drunk probably but he played more than 40 games in his time with bologna as RB. It's interesting but we already have Chambers that can play CB/RB.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
So yeah he played a lot at right back towards the end of the season according to transfermarkt.
Season before that he played 27 games as RB too i don't watch bologna so my info is little but the pundits are impressed with his displays

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Season before that he played 27 games as RB too i don't watch bologna so my info is little but the pundits are impressed with his displays

I mean just going by what Rex said and having a brief look at highlights he looks comfortable on the ball on both feet which is a big deal. Definitely looks quick as well. Young and cheap, why not. A more athletic version of Chambers maybe?

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I mean just going by what Rex said and having a brief look at highlights he looks comfortable on the ball on both feet which is a big deal. Definitely looks quick as well. Young and cheap, why not. A more athletic version of Chambers maybe?
Yes he look better version than Chambers but Chambers going forward and crossing look much better. So not sure maybe we are selling Chambers as well because getting player who similar to Chambers make little since.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I’ve watched a quite a bit of Tomiyasu because some of his stats jumped out to me in 2019/20 when I did a data scraping experiment off FB and he was up there with Cuadrado for best RB in Serie A and he’s really interesting.

Basically he’s a brick sh*thouse so you’d imagine he’d be a centre back but he plays as a right CB like Walker does for England and sometimes as a RB in a four.

Basically he loves to get forward and on the ball is a lot like a Southampton era Van Dijk, Maguire or Vermaelen used to. Charges up and down and there’s a great freedom and technique to his play even though he’s so hench. He makes clangers both in and out of possession but the basic parts are there.

He’s someone I could see being a world class CB in a few years because he’s a multiple tool player. The right back thing with him is the major problem because when Mihajlovic put him there he’d be great at carrying the ball down the flank and had a good first touch but he couldn’t cross the ball at all.

He doesn’t get the shape or speed on his crosses so if you’re playing in a four like Utd have found with Wan Bissaka it’s going to extremely limited the effectiveness of your team going forwards. He kills attacks further up the pitch when you have to be intricate on the ball.

Still though like AWB he’s an absolute rock defensively. If we got him and White I can guarantee we’d be transitioning to a three at the back. You’d still need a RWB who can get up and down.

The only value one I’d take is Conor Roberts, not great technically but is a constant goal threat from RWB, has insane stamina levels and can put a good ball in.

A window of White, Roberts, Tomiyasu, Lokonga, Savin, Onana and Olise would be elite business and not too expensive.

So, he's the rising sun Sagna?

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom