• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thanx to Owen for Viera Staying

ethanen

I didnt suggest any racial thingy.
ronaldo and carlos are not black.. they're kind of latinos or something.
zidane is white....

Ridge

these color issues are quite sensitive so i suggest we stop that topic.
or maybe listen to michael jackson's "black and white". :angel

Azabaxe

Some people in a Madrid forum are speaking of this. I personally can't think of a black Madrid player before Freddy Rincón and don't remember two black Madrid players on the field at the same time before Fabio Capello. I remember being baffled by the fact that Christian Karembeu positively wanted to play for Madrid. Anyway, Capello got Madridistas to get over their "merengue" tendencies, but in this hyper-publicized age, and the fact that Perez is an old line socio with bottom line priorities, those tendencies might be coming back.
Perez might be getting in trouble with Camacho, who's a Morientes loyalist and really wanted Vieira. If he feels he's not being listened to, he might ditch the gig once again. He left the previous Madrid president hanging, and might do it to this one too.

nnaife

If i was Camacho i would be tearing out my hair over yesterday's the failure to sign Vieira, especially if it was because of this alleged "merengue" attitude of Perez which simply refuses to acknowledge Vieira as a legitamate galactico.

Or is it that the far east market is percieved by Real as only being interested in caucasian galacticos therefore paddy, ronaldinho or any top world class black players would have absolutely no apppeal to the massive far eastern fan base.

Owen is a very good player and is lethal when fit but over the last 2 years he's not been amongst in the world's top 10 or 12 strikers yet he is percieved without doubt as being a galactico by Perez.

I wonder what the general concensus of opinions are amongst madrid fans concerning the signature of Owen in contrast of the failure to sign Vieira?

calvinngai88

Camacho's priority was not Vieira. It was Perez, the president of Real Madrid. Camacho wanted to sign Carvalho and Emerson, but Emerson moved to Juventus and Carvalho to Chelsea. So Camacho wouldn't be disppointed actually. It's only Perez who is. :p

Madrid fans will just celebrate the signing because nonetheless, Owen is still a big name and will bring some revenue for the shirt sales. I pity those Liverpool fans who bought Liverpool kit with Owen behind on the jerseys. :lol:

Gregwin04

i think the fact that vieira is black had nothing to do with him not going to madrid.. there have been plenty of black players there in the past Claud Mac and gerami to name 2. i think maby its more to do with Vieiras Sailability because he aint a creative golescoring player perez dont believe he is worth the wages. a stupid desition IMO

any grate team is built on firm foundations a good back 4 and atleast 1 DM who orgonises the atack. i would say that without vieira in the team we would not score about 20% of our goals maby more simply because he is always there taking the ball of the oponent and feeding the attacking players

madrid used to have the aspect to their game with Claud and they are trying to use Beckham in that roal but he aint no god at it.. what they realy need is what we have got and that is a good backbone to the club good defenders and one good DM they wont win crap without that especially not the champs league

its a pitty for them they coudent get vieira... grate for us tho

Alexone234

I don't think Owen had anything to do with it.

If I was thinking about buying a DCM and it fell through, I would not sign a miniature striker instead.

tox

Alexone234 said:
I don't think Owen had anything to do with it.

If I was thinking about buying a DCM and it fell through, I would not sign a miniature striker instead.

Spot on. Vieira not signing has nothing to do with Owen.

nnaife

Gregwin04 i think you've made some fair points there with which i'm inclined to agree with. l really dig the spelling too ;D

Aussie

Established Member
It really makes me wonder about Madrid. Its like they signed a player just for the sake of it. Which really wouldnt surprise. However it still prooves that Madrid have that something about them which lure's players over to Spain. When Madrid come calling there are few that can resist. It makes me proud to know that Arsenal are one of those few that stood up to them. Well done to Dein who said " **** OF ****S" Well he may not have auctually said that but maybe something to that effect.

A

Anonymous

nnaife said:
galactico = marketability in the far east. my thinking is that this is based primarily on good looks. this maybe could indirectly have something to do with race. the exemption is ronaldo, but if i'm correct, madrid signed him j ust after his superb world cup showing in the far east which gave him huge popularity up there.

Thats exactly what i think Patrick42uk, i don't know why people from the far east have this "STUPID HARDON" for Beckham and Owen in the looks department.

Now that Owen has left liverpool will the thai pm now want to buy Real.

Are they obsessed with their european boyish charms over their football skills??? I must say i had a very cynical and disdainful view of the Japnese Korean overreaction to the Beckham circus at the 2002 world cup.
Ronaldo was surely the star of that tournament yet there were hordes of screaming fans young and old, male and female wetting themselves for a glimpse of Beckham.
What the hell has he ever done to deserve this sort of insane adjulation and god like status, i swear if lady diana was still alive and touring the far east she won't have been able to compete with beckham. lol

I reckon the far east fans (not the decent ones of whom there are many) see Beckham and Owen as Manga cartoon characters whose looks are the decisive factor when it comes being the best at football.

But for a club like Real Mardid to deny far superior footballers like Vieira a "galactico" wage and offer it instead to sawn off punks like Beckham and Owen based on their unsavioury obsessive popularity in the far east is very unhealthy for the sport.

I heard Perez don't even want to sign Ronaldinhio because he was "too ugly" to be considered a galactico at Real Madrid lol.

What the hell would he make of Carlos Tevez who besides being rather odd in the looks department but is probably the most gifted young player in south america.

A player should be paid according to his contribution on the pitch and not his looks, i feel the hollywood star factor encroaching steadily over football.

please dont generalize with us asians it offends us
and btw beckham never came to korea cos all of englands matches were played in japan

Gurgen

Established Member
Jesus I've been away for 3 weeks and hell broke loose. Owen to Real Madrid? Must be the dumb deal of the year. Glad that Paddy is staying though, though I never doubted that.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom