• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draft The AM World Cup Draft

The selections thread is here

Welcome back everyone to the AM draft (World Cup edition) where we’re going to follow on from the great game that @2Smokeyy started a few weeks back.

B5D03BC5-E5D9-4790-8C9E-5718068FAEDE.png

I’ve noted feedback and suggestions and the format will be tinkered with to try and keep everyone happy and we’re also expanding the game to a maximum of 32 participants.

More will be revealed in the coming days but for now this is going to act as a sign up notice for everyone.

One thing I will say is I want to keep the game fun. The drafting process was great but afterwards it got a bit more toxic.

If you’re signing up you’re agreeing not to complain about the results to the extent you ruin it for everyone else.

At the end of the day…

IT’S A GAME

Sign up is going to be first come, first serve but I’m reserving a few spots for @2Smokeyy as champion then @Clrnc @Gooner416 @El Duderino @celestis who missed sign up last time and didn’t get to play but expressed interest. Apologies if I’ve missed anyone else.

So:

1. @2Smokeyy
  2. @Rex Bezos
  3. @celestis
  4. @Clrnc
  5. @El Duderino
  6. @Gooner416
  7. @A__G
  8. @db10_therza
  9. @Sanchez11
  10. @BigPoppaPump
  11. @albakos
  12. @jones
  13. @Vinci
  14. @Trilly
  15. @OnlyOne
  16. @Riou
  17. @Tir Na Nog
  18. @Blood on the Tracks
  19. @Uncle Good-Advice
  20. @Sebastes
  21. @Oxeki
  22. @Sapient Hawk
  23. @blrgooner
  24. @Makingtrax
  25. @14Henry
  26. @dka1
  27. @farzad4daarse
  28. @RunTheTrap
  29. @DJ_Markstar
  30. @Moah
  31. @SA Gunner
  32. @NieThePiet

TEAMS:

1. @db10_therza
  2. @RunTheTrap + @El Duderino
  3. @Sapient Hawk + @DJ_Markstar
  4. @Oxeki
  5. @dashsnow17 + @Blood on the Tracks
  6. @Rex Bezos + @jones
  7. @Sanchez11 + @Riou
  8. @blrgooner + @NieThePiet
  9. @14Henry + @Clrnc
  10. @Gooner416 + @Juan Matas Beard
  11. @A__G+ @2Smokeyy
  12. @albakos + @celestis
  13. @farzad4daarse + @Makingtrax
  14. @SA Gunner + @Uncle Good-Advice
  15. @Vinci + @Tir Na Nog
  16. @Moah + @Sebastes

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Hi everyone. Let’s get this show on the road. So we’ve had a good response in terms of sign ups with around 32. If we’re a little under or over it’s not the end of the world as long there are 16 teams.

Once again, I’d like to remind everyone that this is JUST A GAME, so avoid being a tit.

The rules are:

1) You can select any player who has started a World Cup game from France 98 to Russia 2018. When selecting your player you have to state which World Cup you’re selecting them.

We’re NOT judging players on overall World Cup careers, just the World Cup that you’ve selected them from.

For example, if you wanted to select Emile Heskey you’d have to specify which one of his two World Cups you’re picking him from. Draft posts would then ideally look like this:

“I select Emile Heskey – South Korea & Japan 2002

Insert reasons for selection here.

1668441091570-png.10571

@next user it’s your turn”

2) You can only select ONE player per nation. Before you start crying about this:

It’s a WORLD CUP so teams should be as global as possible. We don’t want teams looking like this…

1668441073349-png.10570

ALSO you must have at least one player from each of the five FIFA regions in your starting XI:

• CONMEBOL (South America)
• UEFA (Europe)
• CONCACAF (North America & the Caribbean)
• CAF (Africa)
• AFC (Asia)

There is technically a 6th region Oceania but they’ve only sent one team to a World Cup. So if you want to select anyone from 2010 New Zealand they’ll count as an AFC team for the purposes of this game.

Please try and remember that it's a World Cup game so ideally you'd pick players based primarily on that basis.

If you don’t follow these rules there will be some pretty savage penalties, so be warned.

One footnote: if you select a player from any one of Yugoslavia, Serbia and Montenegro or Serbia you are not allowed to draft a player from the other two iterations. Yes, they’re technically different but each country inherited the previous one’s FIFA place.

Reserved

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Now onto the admin side.

3) You have two hours to make your pick when it is your turn. HOWEVER if you are online at all within this time you will only have 20 minutes to make it.

As most if not all teams will have two players you should all be able to manage this. If you know you and your teammate won’t be online for an extended period you can message someone else in the game to make your selection for you.

The game will be frozen each night at 9pm GMT and resume at 9am GMT the following morning. You are still free to make your pick in this period if you want to but are under no obligation to do so.

4) You need to draft a starting XI and three outfield substitutes. The 15th round will consist of backup goalkeepers. You can only draft one Goalkeeper in the first 14 rounds.

5) The draft order will be drawn at random and will follow the 3rd round reverse snake format. So almost the same as last time but we flip the order after the second round. This should stop anyone building up an unfair advantage by going first.

That’s it for now. Once you’ve found a teammate please PM me who you’ve teamed up with. The game will start at 12 noon GMT on Wednesday. That should give everyone enough time to figure out the rules, make plans and also find teammates.

If you don’t get your teams to me I’ll draw anyone undecided in a randomizer tomorrow evening.

Thanks everyone and enjoy the game!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ok mods initial sign up post might need to get edited with new additions once edit window closes

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Good stuff! Busy over the next week or so but I’m in.

If anyone wants to team up, go ahead and PM your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It’s randomised teams. Smokeriou soon come.

As in we get randomly put together with another member? 🤣 Do y’all want a bunch of scraps on the forum? Recipe for disaster.

Would be better if we get to select a teammate imo.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Take it from me, teammates never works out.

@Riou and @Trilly were the best of friends, before the pressure of the Prem Draft tore our relationship apart.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

As in we get randomly put together with another member? 🤣 Do y’all want a bunch of scraps on the forum? Recipe for disaster.

Would be better if we get to select a teammate imo.

Hmmm you actually make a good point.

How about this? After sign up window is done everyone will be able to sign up with a partner.

If you don’t find one in that window, you’ll be assigned one by lottery.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Take it from me, teammates never works out.

@Riou and @Trilly were the best of friends, before the pressure of the Prem Draft tore our relationship apart.

There’s a couple of reasons.

Teammates means if someone is offline for a while their pick shouldn’t get missed and moved to the back.

Also easier to discipline if people start getting toxic in here 😈

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom