• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Battle of LCM.

Who is your chosen Left 8?

• Total voters

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I think there is a war brewing and we need a battlefield. Havertz vs. Vieira vs. ESR. The three-way to replace the divisive Granit Xhaka. Give me your tactical reason for your choices.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

For now it’s Vieira and I don’t think 2 months ago I would say this. He is comfortably better midfielder than both. Havertz is a lost forward and ESR is just too lazy and fat

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Sign another left back, play Zynchenko there is the obvious answer.

Could even be Timber lb and Zynchenko central.

Other than that, we have Trossard and ESR that deserve a look there this season.

Rice and Partey is likely the plan for Arteta for this season though.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
Someone would be great for ESR to be that player but I worry he doesn't have the stamina to really get up and down the pitch as he would need to for that role.

Everyone is rooting for the guy, he is still young enough to beat out Vieira and Havertz for that role.

bakaboo

Based on skillset, ESR will be the better choice. He provides better balance to the team play compared to Vieira and Kai.

Ideally ESR should play #8 as 1st choice, then sub him out in the later part of the game with Vieira/Kai depending on opponent

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
To answer the question, I think it depends on who we have available.

TP5 returns, then its Rice up there.
In our second and third systems, you probably start Vieira ahead of the other two right now.

Gooner_girl14

It's actually good we have some options, though our 65mil signing shouldn't be a mere option. ATM it has to be Vieira but I think it also depends on the opponent and game state. Think Havertz is good if we need more physicality and defensive stability, Vieira better when teams sit back. I'd love for ESR to make that role his but Arteta doesn't seem to trust him.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I'd go with Vieira at present but it only takes a performance or two to change.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sign another left back, play Zynchenko there is the obvious answer.

Could even be Timber lb and Zynchenko central.

Other than that, we have Trossard and ESR that deserve a look there this season.

Rice and Partey is likely the plan for Arteta for this season though.
Zinchenko and Partey are my two picks, too.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Someone would be great for ESR to be that player but I worry he doesn't have the stamina to really get up and down the pitch as he would need to for that role.

Everyone is rooting for the guy, he is still young enough to beat out Vieira and Havertz for that role.
He’s two months younger than Vieira…

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom