• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The European Leagues are Starting to Stretch

lewdikris

Established Member
Things are really taking shape all over Europe at the moment. AC Milan five points clear in Italy, Madrid 8 points up in Spain, our nine-point advantage ... and the bizarre sight of Werder Bremen being 7 points clear in Germany.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/breaking ... 55,00.html

Anyone see any real reasons why these four won't win Europe's major championships?

It's still all up for grabs, but it's quite unusual for all four to be so one-sided at this stage.

You wouldn't get much money on any of them to win their leagues at this point (Arsenal are 14/1 on!), but a cumulative bet on all four would earn you a few pennies.

patrick42uk

Established Member
in holland, ajax have a six point gap over PSV. in france monaco are four clear of lyon, last year at this stage there were still about six teams in the race in france. Its weird this year.

Adam

Established Member
And... there is always a big gap (at least ten points) between 3/4 to 4/5 places.

Arjan

patrick42uk said:
in holland, ajax have a six point gap over PSV. in france monaco are four clear of lyon, last year at this stage there were still about six teams in the race in france. Its weird this year.

But Ajax are doing the utmost to reduce that gap at the moment!

Do not watch the highlight of Ajax versus Utrecht, there was not one moment good enough to make it to the highlights, it was the worst match in years!
Utrecht won BTW

Arjan

In Holland I used to support Groningen, the town where I was born, but nowadays, just like to watch good football, a.k.a. wengerball and I visit randomly matches of Heerenveen and Utrecht

VCC

Arjan did you used to go by a different user name on the old forum before it crashed?

Soler

Established Member
Scotland, Celtic are 13 points clear of Rangers. But that was over in August.

lewdikris

Established Member
And there's the very real possibility that three clubs - Arsenal, Celtic and Porto - could win their leagues whilst remaining unbeaten all season. Celtic, i'd think are a shoe in for that...

Weird.

Aussie

Established Member
lewdikris said:
And there's the very real possibility that three clubs - Arsenal, Celtic and Porto - could win their leagues whilst remaining unbeaten all season. Celtic, i'd think are a shoe in for that...

Weird.

Celtic dont really have much comp really only rangers are there dangers.

lewdikris

Established Member
Make that sixteen - Rangers lost this weekend whilst Celtic won their 25th straight league game! 25 in a row. Nuts.

And they have a goal difference of +73!

Aussie

Established Member
Aussie said:
lewdikris said:

Weird.

Celtic dont really have much comp really only rangers are there dangers.

I wasnt saying they are going to win the title they have no chance i was saying when it comes to SPL rangers are the only team that can beat Celtic.

Soler

Established Member
lewdikris said:
Make that sixteen - Rangers lost this weekend whilst Celtic won their 25th straight league game! 25 in a row. Nuts.

And they have a goal difference of +73!

Scored something like 81 goals, ridiculous. I just hope that Hearts can chase down Rangers to make it a bit more interesting.

Aussie

Established Member
The SPL is **** where do you reckon Celtic and Rangers would finish in EPL
Celtic definalty higher than Rangers. I think Celtic would finish top 5 as they would have a great home ground advantage.

Soler

Established Member
Celtic: Above Charlton but below Newcastle.
Rangers: Would enjoy a nice battle with Tottenham for 10th.
Hearts: Close to relegation territory, probably an Everton like run.

The rest would slot nicely in Division 1 and 2.

Aussie said:
The SPL is s**t

It's not that bad. Eredivisie is **** as well but I watch it. :D

Aussie

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
Celtic: Above Charlton but below Newcastle.
Rangers: Would enjoy a nice battle with Tottenham for 10th.
Hearts: Close to relegation territory, probably an Everton like run.

The rest would slot nicely in Division 1 and 2.

Aussie said:
The SPL is s**t

It's not that bad. Eredivisie is s**t as well but I watch it. :D

Thats what i thought as well. I suppose it better than our NSL not hard though.

lewdikris

Established Member
Celtic would be top 8 - and could get higher pretty fast. All the pieces are in place for them to succeed - including the best fans in the world. Rangers are no better than the Boro's and Man City's of this world.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom