• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The extraordinary Season. (First half)

Taozhe

This season promises to be one of the most eventful seasons we had seen. Let's highlight the several incidents that happen in this season (AND ITS FAR FROM OVER YET!!!)

Chelsea's Russian Connection
Chelsea who had been struggling with debts and rumours of players leaving the squad to bigger clubs all over the media. Players like Gallas and Terry were hot property that caught the eyes of many managers but Roman's emergence saved the club and brought along many world class stars to the team. This has changed Chelsea from financial crisis to ultra rich club.

Sale of david beckham and manutd's failure to find a replacement.
You would admit that Beckham's sale has got to be one of the worse mistakes Fergie has made. The transfer fee paid by Madrid was hardly a big amount as his commercial market value could cover that transfer fee alone with even a handsome profit. Beckham has done well at Real Madrid and Manutd who has been trying to buy Ronaldinho or other replacements, overpent by paying 17M for Ronaldo(fake and likes to dive). Will he justify his huge transfer fee? Oh well ....

Leeds worrying position.
From a club who has done succesfully in the champions league to a club that is doom to relegation and even administration. It is a sad day for many Leeds Fan and we are glad we have capable Dein and Genius Wenger to take the reins of Arsenal.

Community Shield:
The end of Franny Jeffers career.
Steve Benett gave Jeffers a red card and misses the initial provoking incident by Neville. The interesting thing is that in this incident, our manager, Arsène Wenger, admits to seeing this red card incident and most fans, even Ally and I, who HAD high hopes for this young lad (who came with a good reputation of scoring), think that it is the end of Jeffers Arsenal career, which ended with his loan to Everton and his declaration of joy to be back at Everton.

Volz's shining game for Fulham vs Manutd:
To be honest and some of you may know, I really rate Volz, the german right back highly and his performances especially this one where he handled Ruud and Ronaldo very well, really gave hope that he would be the one to replace Lauren. During our injury crisis, many were crying for Wenger to recall Volz but he did nothing. A move many of us did not expect.

Volz sale to Fulham:
Despite rave reviews for this right back, it was not enough for him to warrant a future at Arsenal and he was sold. This came as quite a shock to Arsenal fans as most of us believed he would had been a good addition to our squad. Wenger's reason in explaining that we have Hoyte and Toure as right back is assuring at least. I have to admit I was heartbroken to see this lad go and we wish him the best at Fulham.

Manutd VS Arsenal: Ruud 0-Goal Post 1
This highlights how the FA are asking for trouble by putting controversial referee Steve Benett in this match. As predicted, the match ended in a big big scene in which Ruud was the main villain. His penalty miss second time in a row versus Lehman has got to be the most priceless thing we had seen. Although the ugly incidents after that which sparked many criticisms made many look at us as a disgrace. I for one believe that the passion of football where blood boils can't be help at times and no one seems to emphasize ManUtd's players surrounding and chasing a referee around the pitch the last time. Media Biasness anyone? :)

Champions League Dramatic Turnaround:
Who could forget how the media and other fans laughed at our misfortunes at the early stages of our group. Rock bottom after the first three games has generated so much negativity amongst us. Many were starting to doubt our chances. The team bounce back with a miracle superb 5-1 demolition of Inter and went on not only to qualify but to TOP the group. The most dramatic CL turnaround I say.

Rio Ferdinand's 8 month ban:
Goodness.. and every manutd fan has been stuffin and shouting injustice in my ears and claims Arsenal has deals with the FA. We all know that there is no excuse to avoid a drug test and it is seriously lamer to claim that he had forgotten something so important. Clearly Ferdinand is trying to lie out of his way and Fergie has been supporting it. Shame shame shame Rio and if you think 8 mths is long .. it's actually quite lenient compared to the 2 yrs other sports has got. There goes Manutd's 30 million pound player, banned and not match fit for 8 mths. Good Luck Rio. His off pitch problems clearly are upsetting United's chances as they had done badly without him lately.

Youthful team reaching semi finals.
A very good achivement and to be honest, had Alidierre been match fit and Senderos still in the cup. We might even win the final with our youth squad. Manutd and Chelsea's early elimination saw many SOUR GRAPE fans like Ruud(zain) laughing at our semi final exit. But who cares. We did very well for our youthful side, losing to the team that beat ManUtd 3-2. Who's laughing now? ;D

GIANT KILLING FEAT!! WOLVES STUN UNITED:
If that wasn't a headline that will send shockwaves in the football world, nothing would. A relegation fodder team beating a team that their fans claimed to be the champions and dominating force of English Football. The famous quote of "MAN WHO?" became a favourite amongst many fans.

John Magnier and JP McManus VS Fergie Red Nose:
Fergie has made many enemies in his time as Manutd manager and has forced many players out of his team as well. This time he appears to had stepped on the wrong man's foot and he's about to bite more than he could chew. This case has been one of the highlights and it will be interesting to see how Utd fans who invade the horseraces will provoke the authorities. Can't you control your fans ManUTd? Oh yeah... I forgot, You can't even control your own club ownership... lets see how well Manutd will cope with these incidents.

Transfer market.
Wenger is not known to spend during the January window but he has surprised many with his signing of Reyes, touted as one of the brightest talents of Spanish football. Not forgetting also the signing of Senderos and Cesch who could prove to be bright for Arsenal's future. Manutd and Chelsea, on the other hand, shamelessly unsettled Saha and Parker respectively and further upset the balance of the premirship. We hope Charlton will continue their good form, even without Parker.

There may be other events which I had missed out. Perhaps help me point some I missed and there will be a finished article for the main web. :) Will do a Conclusion to my "Extraordinary Season" First Half after the comments :)

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom