• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Great Squad Cost Thread

Squad cost?

• Total voters

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

According to Transfermarkt Arteta has spent 688M euros at Arsenal. This equates to £597M.

So no, it’s isn’t much nearer, why you trying to whack on extra P’s to prove a point?

Also to the first message, I meant free’s, as in free signings. The free signings and cheaper players have mainly been duds.
Transfermarkt doesn't count add-ons in their fees though. But for example Rice and Havertz both had only 5 million pounds add-ons.

Mudryk cost 70+30 million euros, but Transfermarkt says he cost 70 million euros. We know Chelsea even gave them easier add-ons to achieve than Arsenal would have.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
According to Transfermarkt Arteta has spent 688M euros at Arsenal. This equates to £597M.

So no, it’s isn’t much nearer, why you trying to whack on extra P’s to prove a point?

Also to the first message, I meant free’s, as in free signings. The free signings and cheaper players have mainly been duds.
Yeah, I was in Euros, my apologies bro.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Also Traxy @Makingtrax, wasn't our squad costs 5th in the league last year and yet here we are finishing 2nd last season. Clearly Arteta is overachieving and he deserves unreserved credit for that as it is the most important predictor of league position. Pure impact of a good coach, like with Wenger!

Last year's squad cost:

1. Chelsea – €1.01billion
2. Man City – €960.6million
3. Man United – €876.2million
4. Liverpool – €709.05million
5. Arsenal – €531.5million
6. Newcastle – €458.95million
7. Tottenham – €390.3million
8. West Ham – €379.7million
9. Leicester – €362.1million
10. Wolves – €353.9million
11. Aston Villa –€341.6million
12. Southampton – €293.1million
13. Everton – €288.1million
14. Leeds – €241.4million
15. Crystal Palace – €217.9million
16. Bournemouth – €209.5million
17. Nottingham Forest – €187.6million
18. Fulham – €137.0million
19. Brentford – €124.1million
20. Brighton – €111.1million

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Also Traxy @Makingtrax, wasn't our squad costs 5th in the league last year and yet here we are finishing 2nd last season. Clearly Arteta is overachieving and he deserves unreserved credit for that as it is the most important predictor of league position. Pure impact of a good coach, like with Wenger!

Last year's squad cost:

1. Chelsea – €1.01billion
2. Man City – €960.6million
3. Man United – €876.2million
4. Liverpool – €709.05million
5. Arsenal – €531.5million
6. Newcastle – €458.95million
7. Tottenham – €390.3million
8. West Ham – €379.7million
9. Leicester – €362.1million
10. Wolves – €353.9million
11. Aston Villa –€341.6million
12. Southampton – €293.1million
13. Everton – €288.1million
14. Leeds – €241.4million
15. Crystal Palace – €217.9million
16. Bournemouth – €209.5million
17. Nottingham Forest – €187.6million
18. Fulham – €137.0million
19. Brentford – €124.1million
20. Brighton – €111.1million
Yeah, I’ve said the same several times.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

PS. This season we are in 4th place with regards to squad cost.
Yes, the CIES figures show we’re 4th. I guess although we’ve spent a lot, Saka, Martinelli, Nketiah, ESR etc are keeping our figures lower than people might think.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Yes, the CIES figures show we’re 4th. I guess although we’ve spent a lot, Saka, Martinelli, Nketiah, ESR etc are keeping our figures lower than people might think.
And Trossard was an absolute steal in January at €24m. Or Saliba for €30m. Or Gabriel €26m. The club has done some solid business over the last several years. many more hits than duds, that's for sure. And when we were not smart we got lucky like with Mudryk e.g. It's like Napoleon said, rather give me a lucky general than a good general! 💯

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Anyone else remember that guy who non stopped quoted CIES then got bullied off the forum by @Furious :lol:

Good times.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

But to be fair even if we went and signed two £100M attackers we’d still only be 3rd in squad cost.
I love that we are spending money on players. I love Ramsdale, but if Raya is a better keeper (which I begin to suspect he might be) then sure pay for that. Man City didn't get to where they are by being the smartest necessarily. They bought a lot of players and cheated on top of it. To compete with that we need to pay a lot for players and be smart. I think we are. Might not be enough, but at least we are giving it a proper go.

These number games with Arteta mean a little if we don't talk about the inflation that has happened in football in the last decade. The numbers floating around for the football world is 9% annual inflation.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

These number games with Arteta mean a little if we don't talk about the inflation that has happened in football in the last decade. The numbers floating around for the football world is 9% annual inflation.

Which makes the rise even more remarkable.

When City were first taken over it took them 4 years and £350-400M to win their first premier league.

If Arteta wins the league this year it would’ve taken him 4 years and £600M. Which is absolutely incredible with inflation.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Which makes the rise even more remarkable.

When City were first taken over it took them 4 years and £350-400M to win their first premier league.

If Arteta wins the league this year it would’ve taken him 4 years and £600M. Which is absolutely incredible with inflation.
Inflation is a very recent thing though, for years it’s remained extremely low. Özil was €47m back in 2013. That’s a tidy sum even today.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Inflation is a very recent thing though, for years it’s remained extremely low. Özil was €47m back in 2013. That’s a tidy sum even today.
I think he was 24 and his stock was comparable to current De Bruyne. It felt like we’d underpaid even then.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

I agree, there’s still deals to be had. It just seems clubs are more willing to offer more.

The inflation within football is purely because premier league teams have more money in my opinion. The more money gets pumped in the more players will be, naturally.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady
Top Bottom