• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The reason of young team win easy

sandro.gu

I think most opponents did not fear Young Guns and attack, then give the space for our young man to counter attack.

But most opponents fear the our first man, they give heavy tackle, put 10 men in the back, give longball and no space.

We lack the defensive people with good heading except Sol.

Ratinho

Established Member
Yep, not only that but they don't quite realise how devastating a player like Quincy can be, especially running at slower, Premiership defenders. Also, players like Flamini are well capable of being first choice in any side out side of the top 4 or 5 (maybe even 3), but teams don't know this yet.

Flamini, Quincy and Lupoli have evry chance of establishing themselves in the first team squad (I already count the likes of Cesc, Clichy and van Persie, maybe even Flamini already), and if you get three, or maybe even forur/five, through you have to be happy.

Maybe even the likes of Hoyte and Smith can make the step up too. I definately think they have enough talent to stay in the Prem whatever happens, much like Jerome Thomas.

kevin_kyle

it is a very good effort to beat an everton almost full strength team
it is very good to see and look forward to the future of these boys

legandary

The reason is because these players are prepared to go at players and beat them one on one...These days its a rarity for someone other than henry or reyes to actually beat a man one or one. Most other players won't even attempt it, where as pennent, quincy, RVP and Lupoili are prepared to take a risk here or there and put 3 past a team chelsea only managed to score one against.

I really believe this arsenal team (senior) should start playing soccer with more instinct and belief, rather then running towards an opposing player then squaring the ball or passing backwards as seems so often the case these days. They have the ability, however i constantly wonder as do many of you why on earth don't they back themselves.

kevin_kyle

yeah fair point...
we are our best when we play on the break
we win the challenges in midfield, they need to back themselves in to thread the passes though and the quality is there to finish
im sure it is all about belief

A

Anonymous

I cant believe no one has brought up the fact that maybe your youth team is just simply better than Everton? Your youth have comfortably accounted for 2 Premier League sides. Its gonna be a cracker at OT. Hopefully bastard Fox Sports will screen it

Anders Limpar

They're not...

...in a game here and there they can more or less win against any premiership opponent but they would not last a whole season. And that's how you should rate the quality of a team. But I think more than 4 or 5 players in this team could make it at Arsenal. I'm not saying they will because there are too many first team players in front of them, but they could...

What a massive game it will be against ManUtd, it seems like the prestige between the two clubs now have moved down to the reserves... :mrgreen:

A

Anonymous

You sure? I'm positive fox sports shows CC matches in the latter stages like Semi Final and Final. Why couldnt they screen this match? If Fox Sports doesnt have the rights, please tell me that another Australian channel does?

sabret00the

Established Member
as someone already said their more direct, they play arsenal footbal as a unit osmething our first team refuse to do, hence why you see crosses to no one and hoping for the best, for me if you do that five times you should be dropped and if you're giving instructions to do that you should fine yourself :shock:

i think the major thing lacking from both squads is (another in terms of first team) defensive midfielder, not really to play but more so for cover and when the going gets tough he can reallign the midfield without having to change formation and thus still providing that attacking and counter attacking fluidity.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
sabret00the said:
as someone already said their more direct, they play arsenal footbal as a unit osmething our first team refuse to do

I'm sorry, but that's bollocks. The goals that were scored on Tuesday night were not described as typical Arsenal goals because the youth team have been scoring them for the last four years. They were described that way because of the first team and their attacking play as a unit over the last four years. This post, to me, is typical of the sh't that has been written on here since the 24th October.

The original point of this thread? Well, their an extremely talented bunch of kids in the best possible hands. That's why they're so good.

patrick42uk

Established Member
a lot of people are underestimating what a lack of pressure does to players. everton was a low pressure game, even wenger said it was the first time in along time he could relax. what happens when our first team play with little pressure? we batter southampton 6-1 and then sunderland 4-0 away playing scintillating football and scoring marvelous.

as for youngsters taking people on, i wonder if they would find it easy to do so with 2 players doubling up on them as soon as they touch the ball, like the likes of reyes and henry do. or if they were dribbling into a wall of ten men behind the ball. you cannot compare the first team to the youngsters that played against everton. the first team is a couple of classes above.

sabret00the

Established Member
OneteaminLondon said:
sabret00the said:
as someone already said their more direct, they play arsenal footbal as a unit osmething our first team refuse to do

I'm sorry, but that's bollocks. The goals that were scored on Tuesday night were not described as typical Arsenal goals because the youth team have been scoring them for the last four years. They were described that way because of the first team and their attacking play as a unit over the last four years. This post, to me, is typical of the sh't that has been written on here since the 24th October.

The original point of this thread? Well, their an extremely talented bunch of kids in the best possible hands. That's why they're so good.
ok i should of put in the 'of-late' disclaimer, but it's not even, how often do you see the right attacking, the only reason freddie gets into the games is when theirs 10 men defending their left flank and we're left without an option so lauren passes to freddie, or freddie's run into the box for a tap in, in terms of attack if you're not a left sided player you're not really in on it, so yes i stand by what i said they play as unit, left to right across the pitch and actually have width, the first team play towards the left or through bergkamp and wonder why when people remove these options it don't work for em.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
That's part of the unit though, not playing as a unit would be if Freddie didn't get into the box to score as he has done five times this season. Or if he isn't passed to to set up goals as he has done five times this season.

Oh and where did our goal come from against Crystal Palace? Or the equaliser against Southampton?

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom