• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The tired Galacticos!!

Chips&CurrySauce

There has been one constant this championship and that is the terrible form of the Real Madrid 'Galacticos'. We all know how Real Madrid's form collpased for the last couple of months of the season but I'm sure no one could envisage these players would take the same form to the Euros.

I think you really have to question Real Madrids training regime because from what I've heard their players were all out of condition.

We have all heard how Beckhams fitness is at its worst ever level, however the same can be said of Zidane. Tony Cacarino, who has alot of contacts in France, said on the radio that he was told that Zidanes fitness was also a masiive worry for France. Apparently Zidane was training alone trying to get to the same level as the rest of the squad. He also vomitted before he took the penalty against England.

Figo's fitness has also been questioned and as above his form for Portugal has been patchy, resulting in him being subbed several times.

We all know how piss poor Raul was for Spain.

The point I am making is that all of Real Madrids stars seemed to be the unfittest players in the tournament. How can a club as massive as Real Madrid allow this to happen. It seems really bizarre to me!

Adam

Established Member
Their age plays a part - Zidane 32, and Figo 31.

The same is happening with Bobby Pires, who has evolved his game. He made half the dribbles he did in 01/02 statistically.

With Raul - it's this playing in the hole for Madrid. It's taken his goal scoring edge away. He is a great finisher - you nurture his confidence in the box, not outside of it. He is not an amazing playmaker and passer. Unfortunately, neither is Ronaldo.

A

Anonymous

Adam said:
Their age plays a part - Zidane 32, and Figo 31.

The same is happening with Bobby Pires, who has evolved his game. He made half the dribbles he did in 01/02 statistically.

With Raul - it's this playing in the hole for Madrid. It's taken his goal scoring edge away. He is a great finisher - you nurture his confidence in the box, not outside of it. He is not an amazing playmaker and passer. Unfortunately, neither is Ronaldo.

After Bobby's performance in this turno, i am concerned about his ago.

wenger should start to look at his replacement pretty soon

A.Hussain

well, bobby still has atleast 2 good years to his engine. hopefully by that time cesc and ryan smith will be ready. but both will be around 18 years old

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Don't forget the Galacticos were contractually obliged to play in every game they were fit for. No resting and rotation for these guys, they must have been f'ked.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Did he? What with two suspensions served this season and his time out injured, I'm surprised by that.
However, I think the cumulative effect (and I don't know Madrid's injuries and suspensions stats for last season) of all the Galacticos playing together all of the time must have put a huge strain on them, especially playing in such a disjointed, disorganised team.

Soler

Established Member
Well, he missed about eight league matches. He would've played in all the Cup matches, he played in away leg of the CC against Boro and I only recall him missing one Europe match - Celta, in Spain.

I think he would've played around 48 matches. I know Toure played in every match, bar one - Everton, away.

brianfrance

Established Member
Cascarino hey I lke the player! I remember when he played for marseille, what a striker !!

I don't think Figo had poor matches in this tournament. He was again everywhere on the pitch against England.

I'm not worried about Bobby Pires, Bergkamp is still playing at 35, sure bobby can!

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
Well, he missed about eight league matches. He would've played in all the Cup matches, he played in away leg of the CC against Boro and I only recall him missing one Europe match - Celta, in Spain.

I think he would've played around 48 matches. I know Toure played in every match, bar one - Everton, away.

Cole didn't play against Man U in the FA Cup either.

Jkreffer

Established Member
I just think they were tired after a long season. They play to many games in the big leagues. Pires played over 60 matches for Arsenal this year, not surprised he looked a little tired.

kanuuu

Established Member
How old is Bobby? sometimes i hear 30 sometimes i hear 31, anyone know for sure? Bobbypires?

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom