• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-23s Thread

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Henry-Francis once again a stand out for me. Such a brilliant all round CM, technically very good but has brilliant work rate to go with it and dives into tackles.

Shows the strength of the England 2003 born generation that none of Monlouis, Patino, Henry-Francis or Hutchinson got into the squad. Thought Nile John was excellent for Sp**s and he’s one that did get in.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Hutchinson dominating this level at age 17. Sp**s absolutely could not handle him. Taylor-Hart had a pretty poor game by my estimations, sloppy on the ball...scored two goals thanks to Omari but didn't impress for me.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Henry-Francis once again a stand out for me. Such a brilliant all round CM, technically very good but has brilliant work rate to go with it and dives into tackles.

Shows the strength of the England 2003 born generation that none of Monlouis, Patino, Henry-Francis or Hutchinson got into the squad. Thought Nile John was excellent for Sp**s and he’s one that did get in.
He had a really work-man-like game but offered a lot of security on the ball. Definitely one after Smith and Burton. Seems to combine elements of both players. Very under the radar.

I was a huge fan of Ogungbo in this game personally - this one and the last game too. Some terrific up and down defending, he's got a real engine and physically powerful too - much more comfortable on the ball than I expected at this stage too. Him and Monlouis had their 2 best games so far.

Hutchinson dominating this level at age 17. Sp**s absolutely could not handle him. Taylor-Hart had a pretty poor game by my estimations, sloppy on the ball...scored two goals thanks to Omari but didn't impress for me.
He is a very good finisher indeed. I thought he was mixed - a lot of stuff didn't come off for him today but he kept plugging away. I think he deserved his goals in the end but he wasn't at his best.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He had a really work-man-like game but offered a lot of security on the ball. Definitely one after Smith and Burton. Seems to combine elements of both players. Very under the radar.

I was a huge fan of Ogungbo in this game personally - this one and the last game too. Some terrific up and down defending, he's got a real engine and physically powerful too - much more comfortable on the ball than I expected at this stage too. Him and Monlouis had their 2 best games so far.

He is a very good finisher indeed. I thought he was mixed - a lot of stuff didn't come off for him today but he kept plugging away. I think he deserved his goals in the end but he wasn't at his best.
What do you think of Patino so far this season? Seems to be more aggressive which is good, on the ball he’s superb obviously, must be around 6ft now as well so he’ll be physically excellent when he fills out.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
What do you think of Patino so far this season? Seems to be more aggressive which is good, on the ball he’s superb obviously, must be around 6ft now as well so he’ll be physically excellent when he fills out.
He's always been very aggressive tbh, just needed the physical presence to back it up. One of the things that makes him so interesting is not just his intelligence but his willingness to get dirty when he needs to, perhaps a way of making opponents think twice about trying to bully him. That's probably one of the few areas where you can properly compare him to Wilshere.

I've been very impressed by him, even during the West Ham game I was impressed with how well he stuck to his job despite everything going to ****. He always seems to be able to make space and time, just drifting past people with ease. His dribbling is coming on a lot, and some of his passes have been astute and well executed. I also think that today he looked a bit freer without Azeez there. Both players seem to do well apart at the moment so a loan is probably best for business. Suits Azeez as he needs a way bigger challenge than U23s (needed it sooner in fact) and Patino gets to cook for a little while longer as a main U23 guy. Give it till Jan, all 3 of Patino, Hutchinson and Taylor-Hart will need loans.

I tell you who I was also quite impressed by today - Biereth. He's still feeling his way into it but he's a really clever and rounded player. Not quite as rounded and skillful as TJJ but he has a lot of tools.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Watched the game bit later, but wasn't impressed like most of you.

Omari - won't bother from now on saying much about him. He is clearly by far the best player on the pitch every time I watch and very likely a future star, hopefully at Arsenal. Think next year he should play senior football either at Arsenal or on loan.

Patino - hit and miss but the talent is there, was hoping to see him as a sub in the League cup but Arteta is not Wenger and won't have any hopes like that in the future. Agree now with the people who were saying he is 2 years away from senior football. Didn't get the name of his partner but that guy also looks solid

Biereth - there are some things missing still but I think he could develop into a good player. Knows how to win and hold the ball, but technically he still needs to work on that before he moves to senior football.

Kido - don't see anything in his game. So tame, still feels like his mind is with the u18 and I'm afraid his transition to senior football is going to be painful and hugely disappointing. Not even a fraction of what Nelson was

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Watched the game bit later, but wasn't impressed like most of you.

Omari - won't bother from now on saying much about him. He is clearly by far the best player on the pitch every time I watch and very likely a future star, hopefully at Arsenal. Think next year he should play senior football either at Arsenal or on loan.

Patino - hit and miss but the talent is there, was hoping to see him as a sub in the League cup but Arteta is not Wenger and won't have any hopes like that in the future. Agree now with the people who were saying he is 2 years away from senior football. Didn't get the name of his partner but that guy also looks solid

Biereth - there are some things missing still but I think he could develop into a good player. Knows how to win and hold the ball, but technically he still needs to work on that before he moves to senior football.

Kido - don't see anything in his game. So tame, still feels like his mind is with the u18 and I'm afraid his transition to senior football is going to be painful and hugely disappointing. Not even a fraction of what Nelson was

I think you're harsh on KTH. He is obviously not as gifted as Nelson was at this level, but he is pretty talented. He is still raw, but has potential. I like him cause he looks like an out an out winger. His development looks more straightforward. Tall, lanky, athletic and technical. I still hope that Omari can fill out his frame a bit, he has pretty narrow shoulders, don't know how much bigger he can get. Patino has everything to make it here, just needs to grow into his body and gain more experience. He is just too intelligent, technical and his spatial awareness is special.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think you're harsh on KTH. He is obviously not as gifted as Nelson was at this level, but he is pretty talented. He is still raw, but has potential. I like him cause he looks like an out an out winger. His development looks more straightforward. Tall, lanky, athletic and technical. I still hope that Omari can fill out his frame a bit, he has pretty narrow shoulders, don't know how much bigger he can get. Patino has everything to make it here, just needs to grow into his body and gain more experience. He is just too intelligent, technical and his spatial awareness is special.
Patino is just class, I saw somebody compare him to FDJ after the Palace game and I think it’s a decent comparison. He won’t be ready for the PL until he’s 20/21 I don’t think but the more I see of him the more I think he could get cup games next season.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I think you're harsh on KTH. He is obviously not as gifted as Nelson was at this level, but he is pretty talented. He is still raw, but has potential.
Not questioning his talent really, it's more a personality issue. I think some less technical players than him will have better careers.
Agree with the rest of your post, but we'll have a different opinion on Kido I'm afraid, and that's fine by me :)

jus2nang

Not questioning his talent really, it's more a personality issue. I think some less technical players than him will have better careers.
Agree with the rest of your post, but we'll have a different opinion on Kido I'm afraid, and that's fine by me :)
Personality issue? Like not assertive enough?

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Had we given him the U23 role he may have not left. It's essentially a Betsy for Garry trade then.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard

Good loan for Azeez. It would be interesting to know if there was a recall option in the deal as we will be short in Janaury/Feb for the AFCON. This would allow more playing time in the team for Henry-Francis and Salah Eddine alongside Patino. Bandeira may dive in and out too. Swanson, Akinola, Dinzeyi, Cottrell, Olayinka, Alebiosu NEED loans. It's gonna be a busy day for outgoings in the U23's tomorrow. I'm not sure of the plans for Cirjan but a loan would be good for him too..

REEVIE1995

Really excited by the loan deal for Azeez. We cannot afford to have him waste his development this year in the u23s. Mens football playing for a club that a big fanbase (for the standard of league one) working with a manager who has previously handled one of our top youngsters very well in Smith Rowe. This should on paper be a perfect move for him.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom