• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Can't believe I'm saying this but I actually agree with @YeahBee. Bendtner was definitely underrated by fans at one point. In the 2nd half of 09/10 he was great, scored some important goals in the run in against Sp**s, Barcelona and a last minute winner against Wolves, despite playing on pain killing injections. Unfortunately his career never recovered after he made that injury worse by playing on it at the World Cup and then we signed Chamakh that summer.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Definitely a player that I thought would go on to have a better career than the one he did. Got too lazy/enjoyed the excess a footballers wage could afford a little too much. A shame really but that's the way it goes sometimes.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Ending an argument that a player was destined for greatness with a sentence like this? Unforgiveable AG!
? Chamakh was class in the first few months of 10/11, scored some nice goals and was a great target man for Wilshere/Fabregas/Nasri/Rosicky/Arshavin whenever they played with him. His issue was a combination of being consigned to the bench when RVP was back fit and some real problems off the pitch, but there was actually a debate among fans at the time about whether Robin would get back into the side ahead of him.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
? Chamakh was class in the first few months of 10/11, scored some nice goals and was a great target man for Wilshere/Fabregas/Nasri/Rosicky/Arshavin whenever they played with him. His issue was a combination of being consigned to the bench when RVP was back fit and some real problems off the pitch, but there was actually a debate among fans at the time about whether Robin would get back into the side ahead of him.
I was being quite harsh I'll admit but I remember some horror shows from Chamakh and I also remember times thinking RVP will be sold due to his form. Hated that ridiculous hair though. Perhaps my bias stems from that

Reactions: A_G

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Please explain why you think this... Why didn't it happen then? Players who could have become great don;t end up in the lower leagues. They, at the very least, end up at a bottom club in a top league..
But, as with all your opinions, this rightly belongs in here.

Plenty of hyped players, warranted or not, dont end up being much to write home about

In many cases injuries play a major factor
In some all the pieces just dont fall into place

Remember Deisler? Injuries and mental issues made him not realize his full potential

Freddy Adu?

Macheda ?

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
NO, people just see the same things. You on the other hand have this insatiable need to go against the flow. Even if that flow is the most logical stance to adopt. It is completely transparent and predictable. This isn't just in the football threads. You do it all over the forum. Blatantly go against the grain just to be different and of course you also feel the need to point it out ALL the time, like it is some major fvcken achievement to be the only person holding an opinion. Trax going against the whole forum due to squad cost and backing up his arguments with logic is an achievement. What you do is akin to the emo culture. Deliberately going against the popular vote, even if it is the obvious choice, just so you can claim to be the victim when really it is just an attention seeking ploy to try be more different than everyone else.

The reason you get few likes for your posts isn't because of the drivel you just stated it is because your perception of this sport is completely and utterly warped. There are great posters on here with unique insight and great vision in the game and I'm afraid I just don't place you anywhere near that category.

LoL I'm too old to be emo or hipster for that matter.

I am not being contrarian

I have always had these opinions, been a member since 2005, never felt this vitriol before on any subject
I haven't changed much, it is the influx of new members that changed the tone of the forum, I have never had to be rude-ish before

People obviously dont see the same stuff
I changed my mind, going from a Laca doubter to a big supporter, and now more and more people are coming around

How many posters were still pro-wenger up until the sack?

People are still Xhaka haterz and yet he starts, like he did in Germany, like he does for Switzerland
Same with Bellerin.

Even Wenger must have started to see how Monreal isnt cutting it anymore because he went out and signed a new LB

The more Emerys game is implemented and if we are succesful I will be proved right and many posters will have to eat humble pie

If I am wrong and Guendouzi goes from strength to strength and cements himself instead of Xhaka and Nacho emerges as a solid complete LB and we succed I gladly eat the humble pie
Win win for me

Jae

LoL I'm too old to be emo or hipster for that matter.

I am not being contrarian

I have always had these opinions, been a member since 2005, never felt this vitriol before on any subject
I haven't changed much, it is the influx of new members that changed the tone of the forum, I have never had to be rude-ish before

People obviously dont see the same stuff
I changed my mind, going from a Laca doubter to a big supporter, and now more and more people are coming around

How many posters were still pro-wenger up until the sack?

People are still Xhaka haterz and yet he starts, like he did in Germany, like he does for Switzerland
Same with Bellerin.

Even Wenger must have started to see how Monreal isnt cutting it anymore because he went out and signed a new LB

The more Emerys game is implemented and if we are succesful I will be proved right and many posters will have to eat humble pie

If I am wrong and Guendouzi goes from strength to strength and cements himself instead of Xhaka and Nacho emerges as a solid complete LB and we succed I gladly eat the humble pie
Win win for me

I'm sure I've said this to you before but I'll say it again regardless.

The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem :lol:

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Remember Deisler? Injuries and mental issues made him not realize his full potential

Bayern and the media killed a great talent through pressure. Should have been clear he's unstable and shielded instead of being hung out to dry.

He's fat and sells delicacies now.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Win win for me
Where does this ridiculous logic come from?
Wenger HAD to buy a new LB. We had no options there... Also, Kola was free and then sat bench once we had all our CBs back...

Nobody is saying Guendouzi is going to bench Xhaka. Can't you see that a player can have massive potential and still not be a starter?

Nacho has already been a solid LB so your humble pie should have been eaten. Guendouzi is 19 and holding his own in a MUCH bigger league than he has EVER played in before. Clear as day to see the lad is going to be immense. Not now, don't twist your panties... later..

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
We're going to finish above Sp**s, and they're going to implode. Poch sacked by Christmas. Mourinho too
Doubt they'd sack Poch if he just misses out on top four this season. They're in a transition phase and I would imagine he asked Levi for some guarantees due to the fact that it will be a very tough season for them.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Where does this ridiculous logic come from?
Wenger HAD to buy a new LB. We had no options there... Also, Kola was free and then sat bench once we had all our CBs back...

Nobody is saying Guendouzi is going to bench Xhaka. Can't you see that a player can have massive potential and still not be a starter?

Nacho has already been a solid LB so your humble pie should have been eaten. Guendouzi is 19 and holding his own in a MUCH bigger league than he has EVER played in before. Clear as day to see the lad is going to be immense. Not now, don't twist your panties... later..

Im not wearing any underwear...

Plenty of Xhaka haterz on here is saying just that

But we are in agreement, Guendouzi has shown great promise

Nacho is solid and consistent but I want more

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom