• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He used to post on here many moons ago. DaGunners or something like that. He's pretty infamous on Football Twitter.
Yeah, there's a whole host of them who post edgy sh*t just for clicks. They're entertaining but I don't take most of their football opinions seriously - every now and then they post something on point (and it's usually DezilDez).

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Carl Jenkinson would have followed a career path similar to Gareth Bale had he not picked up his series of injuries, and would most likely be playing as a No.10 at a top European club by now.

Is this a joke?

Or did you really see something in him?

Bendtner on the other hand could shoulda have become great

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Is this a joke?

Or did you really see something in him?

Bendtner on the other hand could shoulda have become great
Please explain why you think this... Why didn't it happen then? Players who could have become great don;t end up in the lower leagues. They, at the very least, end up at a bottom club in a top league..
But, as with all your opinions, this rightly belongs in here.

hyruga2

Leave Theo alone!!!
Every club that Anelka joined will turn into a big club.

Eg Arsenal, Man city, chelsea, Liverpool, Real Madrid, psg, Juventus and even France.

And he has proven to be a really good player who can win games more often than not.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Eg Arsenal, Man city, chelsea, Liverpool, Real Madrid, psg, Juventus and even France.

And he has proven to be a really good player who can win games more often than not.
What an idiotic statment. Arsenal, Liverpool, Real Madrid, PSG and Juventus were all big clubs before Anelka was even born.

France isn't a club it is an entire fecking country. FULL OF CLUBS

Also, what the fvck is this. He is 39 and retired.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard

Didn't quite work out for Bolton lol.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Anelka was brilliant footballer. Loved his style.

Who would have been better/had a better career at Arsenal if they had stuck around/not been a d*ck: Anelka or Adebayor?

Personally I've always thought rather than Cesc, RvP, Nasri etc, Adebayor was the one that really got away in that era. He could have had such an amazing career if he'd stayed here and kept his focus. He had every attribute you could want for an elite 30 goal a season striker, except the mentality.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Anelka by a mile for me. He had elite Thierry levels of potential.

If only Wenger had managed to pair Anelka & Thierry up as he planned.

Yeah probably, more natural talent. I was 7 when Anelka left, so he's never held much sway with me.

I remember so well just seeing this guy Adebayor come from nowhere in France for hardly any money and he just seemed to boss it straight away. I thought he was phenomenal. It was a time when I thought Wenger was a pure genius, a magician who can pull these players out of a hat....come to think of it that's exactly what happened with Anelka tbf. Maybe two of Wenger's best signings in a way.

hyruga2

Leave Theo alone!!!
Anelka is a straight forward striker who always aim towards goal.

Not like some strikers who always pass backwards or pass to the side for a cross. That's so slow. Some of these strikers aren't even tall enough to efficiently get headers.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Please explain why you think this... Why didn't it happen then? Players who could have become great don;t end up in the lower leagues. They, at the very least, end up at a bottom club in a top league..
But, as with all your opinions, this rightly belongs in here.

Faster, stronger and more technical than Giroud

Heck he even played some games on the wings for us in the beginning

Even with the benefit of coming to us early his problems were mental

He already thought himself great before he was thou

The fact that I praise a dirty rotten dane should tell you how serious I am

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
The fact that i've read your other posts means I don;t take anything you write here seriously.

It is like the old saying you never become a prophet in your hometown

All great thinkers have faced resistance at first

Me, Copernicus no difference really

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Anelka by a mile for me. He had elite Thierry levels of potential.

If only Wenger had managed to pair Anelka & Thierry up as he planned.
But then we would have missed out on the brilliance that was Dennis... Henry probably learnt alot from Dennis

Or Pires/Freddie

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It is like the old saying you never become a prophet in your hometown

All great thinkers have faced resistance at first

Me, Copernicus no difference really
What a ridiculous assumption that just because you face resistance you are a great thinker. It is true that great thinkers often face resistance. That by no stretch of the imagination makes every thinker who faces resistance a great one. Come back down to earth mate.. This is football not theoretical physics.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
What a ridiculous assumption that just because you face resistance you are a great thinker. It is true that great thinkers often face resistance. That by no stretch of the imagination makes every thinker who faces resistance a great one. Come back down to earth mate.. This is football not theoretical physics.

Time will tell :p

to use alt-right lingo this place has become too much of an echochamber

People just repeat stuff to fit in. Ridiculous unwarranted hype and praise for some players and uncalled for hate for others

People chase likes instead of actually format their own opinion

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Time will tell :p

to use alt-right lingo this place has become too much of an echochamber

People just repeat stuff to fit in. Ridiculous unwarranted hype and praise for some players and uncalled for hate for others

People chase likes instead of actually format their own opinion
NO, people just see the same things. You on the other hand have this insatiable need to go against the flow. Even if that flow is the most logical stance to adopt. It is completely transparent and predictable. This isn't just in the football threads. You do it all over the forum. Blatantly go against the grain just to be different and of course you also feel the need to point it out ALL the time, like it is some major fvcken achievement to be the only person holding an opinion. Trax going against the whole forum due to squad cost and backing up his arguments with logic is an achievement. What you do is akin to the emo culture. Deliberately going against the popular vote, even if it is the obvious choice, just so you can claim to be the victim when really it is just an attention seeking ploy to try be more different than everyone else.

The reason you get few likes for your posts isn't because of the drivel you just stated it is because your perception of this sport is completely and utterly warped. There are great posters on here with unique insight and great vision in the game and I'm afraid I just don't place you anywhere near that category.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom