• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
All these posts about Giroud and hold up play. I assumed classic hold up play was receiving the ball under pressure in the opposition half. Holding off a defender with your strength. Then distributing the ball to your fellow team members who are joining the attack.

In his entire Arsenal career I saw Giroud do this well in about 3 or 4 games ever.

Does hold up play mean something else?

Don’t get me wrong, used the right way, Giroud was and is a valuable asset.
Will never understand why Giroud was so popular. Personally hate him.

progman07

Established Member
I totally understood why van Persie and Fabregas left the Club, and had not felt the same resentment as with Nasri, Adebayor and especially Hleb.

- Fabregas has given us maybe his best years in his career, he single-handedly made us competing for the title season after season (was it 2010-11 when we led the league by January?). He was involved in everything from the build-up play to the assists and goals. Yet he often had to play with junk like Chamakh, Silvestre and co. Who would not choose Xavi-Iniesta-Messi instead of them. The years of tapping up through the media by barcelona had been disgusting, but it probably happens a lot in the background anyways.

- Similar with van Persie, we sold Nasri and Cesc a year before, and did not do almost anything to compensate. He was getting older, and saw the absolute lack of ambition from our management - also he probably has not received better offers from abroad than from Ferguson, and we weren't going to compete with United anyways without Fabregas, so United were not direct rivals unfortunately when he left.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
I totally understood why van Persie and Fabregas left the Club, and had not felt the same resentment as with Nasri, Adebayor and especially Hleb.

- Similar with van Persie, we sold Nasri and Cesc a year before, and did not do almost anything to compensate. He was getting older, and saw the absolute lack of ambition from our management - also he probably has not received better offers from abroad than from Ferguson, and we weren't going to compete with United anyways without Fabregas, so United were not direct rivals unfortunately when he left.

I actually understood and agreed with Van Persie's letter at the time.

I actually understood and agreed with Van Persie's letter at the time.

I was one of few on this forum who understood him, and at the end of the day he was right to leave and right to say what he said in the letter.

Got a lot of bullying and death threats because of it.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

That particular twitter user is a fake, edgelord wankstain who'll just as quickly take the opposite opinion when it suits him :lol:

He used to post on here many moons ago. DaGunners or something like that. He's pretty infamous on Football Twitter.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom