• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
He did. Over the last year we totally changed the whole clubs structure along with bringing in new people to fill those new roles.

Unpopular opinion: tired of Özil being a scapegoat, this whole squad is total **** and shouldn’t fall all on his shoulders (still want him to leave btw). Raul, Emery, Edu and co will come good just needs time.

Nope he didn't.
Wenger resigned, Gazidis left by himself for a better job.

Kroenke hasn't fired them because they weren't performing.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Nope he didn't.

To top that off, when actual restructuring of the top brass was needed after Gazidis left, they seemingly didn't even bother to look at proper CEO candidates, but just lazily promoted from within.

progman07

Established Member
It's getting more unpopular day-by-day, reading Arsenal fans' opinion, but: I'd 100% keep Auba AND Laca during the transfer window, at any costs.

1. You just don't destroy the one and only thing that is working for you.

2. We have 2 players in the whole squad who are capable of scoring 10+ goals. We sell one of them, what will happen if the other one gets injured? We are without ANY goalscorers.

3. I've seen people argue, that 'but we will have a bigger transfer budget'. When everyone in the world knows you have 100 million to spend and they know you are desperate, they will press the last penny out of you for their player. Also, we are highly unlikely to replace any of them with similar level players. Are we better off two 35 million pound players, than one world-class one?

4. They visibly love playing in the same team, and if one of them leaves, it will probably trigger the other one to also force a move. Why would you stay if the best player in the team is also sold? These are CL quality players, they are not going to stick around forever to play with Xhaka-Mustafi-Kolasinac.

5. Do we honestly trust the guys, who got us Denis Suarez to actually spend that +50-100 million properly?

Token Yank

Nope he didn't.

You know this for a fact? Or did we tell them to leave and let them save their dignity. We were never going to fire Wenger, he was always going to resign, foolish to think otherwise. I assume, they finally saw Gazidis was an idiot and brought in Raul to transition.

Also, AC Milan is not a better job than Arsenal.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Also, AC Milan is not a better job than Arsenal.

Didn't Ivan get a sort of partnership at Elliot or stakes of that company? That would make it a massively better job in a financial perspective than Arsenal.

Also in regards to your first point, at least Gazidis was a CEO. Now the club is run by an ex Barca Sporting Director and an Indian we know nothing about but who looks and speaks like a yes man. Even if the club couldn't attract Marotta, who was free at the time, there are surely vastly superior options to bring in as CEO than just promoting the guy you actually brought in as DoF and some other guy from Marketing/Finances to run the club.

Token Yank

Didn't Ivan get a sort of partnership at Elliot or stakes of that company? That would make it a massively better job in a financial perspective than Arsenal.

Also in regards to your first point, at least Gazidis was a CEO. Now the club is run by an ex Barca Sporting Director and an Indian we know nothing about but who looks and speaks like a yes man. Even if the club couldn't attract Marotta, who was free at the time, there are surely vastly superior options to bring in as CEO than just promoting the guy you actually brought in as DoF and some other guy from Marketing/Finances to run the club.
Gazidis was a buffoon. Don’t care what his title or job was. Guy was a *****. In Raul we trust!!!!

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Unpopular opinion: tired of Özil being a scapegoat, this whole squad is total **** and shouldn’t fall all on his shoulders (still want him to leave btw).

Özil is paid at market rate of a top 10 player.
He has grossly under performed for an extended period of time.
He either takes a pay cut or it falls on his shoulders.
You can’t have it both ways.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
Özil is paid at market rate of a top 10 player.
He has grossly under performed for an extended period of time.
He either takes a pay cut or it falls on his shoulders.
You can’t have it both ways.
he got 3 cups in a team full of xhakas and mustafis and coquelins and (insert name here). miracle worker

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Christian Eriksen have been far superior to Özil for quite some time now. We talking years.

Dejan Lovren is a good CB.

Jorginho is an excellent baller and was never the problem with Chelsea this season.

Klopp is a ******.

Pep is a double ******.

Mou is not the ****** people set him out to be, but still a ******.

I feel the narrative around Wenger always being class and a gentlemen is highly overplayed.

Ligue 1 is way better than people give it credit for.

Championship is actually way more entertaining than the prem, this i realized this season. Will surely follow a team very closely next season to make sure i keep up, will prioritize it over the Prem when Arsenal is not playing.

Lampard >>>>>>>>> Gerrard>Scholes

Fabianski is on his way to become the best keeper in the league if De Gea doest not pick up his form again

boyinneedofhumor

1. I would keep the trio of Chambers, Holding, Mavropanos... at least another 1-2 seasons to see how far they can progress. With rotation and cup participation as the basis.

2. Emery seems to be "fact-checking" the vision/talk he sold that got him signed. Putting aside Özil, Ramsey or Iwobi, Guendouzi and Torreira were brought in under him.
In some latter games, he experimented with Guendouzi playing deeper and Torreira higher (contrary to expectations).
Could imply there's a huge gap between his expectation/vision vs reality.

3. Buying 1 or 2 "Galactico" with immediate impact might lengthen his stay. *Bargain hunting might go terribly wrong for him.
Time and collective squad quality arent exactly on his side.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Xhaka best season for us so far was his first season with us where he attempted more long distance passing and was more successful with it.

idan

We need to stop relay on Cl so much.
We cant put all our eggs in one basket.
If we want to be a big name again, we need to look at clubs like Ajax or Dortmund and try to build our own project.
All the talks about top four makes me angry.
It is not a trophy!
Cl? we cant win it anyway with this team.
Players who don't want to come here without Cl are not belong here.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Seeing our wingers now and some of the 17-21 year olds coming through now, I really think I was too harsh on Theo Walcott. He was better at 18 than Iwobi, AMN or Nelson were/are, like on a whole other level.

I dunno if it's watching Iwobi all these years making me overrate Theo but he was actually special. It's just that for years he never knew how to do anything other than run with the ball really fast down a straight line, once he actually learned how to finish injuries ruined him.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Seeing our wingers now and some of the 17-21 year olds coming through now, I really think I was too harsh on Theo Walcott. He was better at 18 than Iwobi, AMN or Nelson were/are, like on a whole other level.

I dunno if it's watching Iwobi all these years making me overrate Theo but he was actually special. It's just that for years he never knew how to do anything other than run with the ball really fast down a straight line, once he actually learned how to finish injuries ruined him.
When Theo left I thought he was the best finisher in the squad.

Reactions: A_G

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom