The Unpopular Football Opinion Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Marjorie

Marjorie Well-Known Member

Classic goal, classic Arsenal badge, classic commentary

Bergkamp1988 and Riou like this.
  2. bandaid

bandaid Active Member

Amazing career.... amazing goals....amazing trophies .... never ceases to amaze

3. Bergkamp1988

Bergkamp1988 Well-Known Member

I don't like the expression 'dressing room'. Cant help but picture our players in dresses and high heels

Eaststander74 likes this.
  4. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Dressing room makes more sense than ‘locker room’. Pro sport teams don't even have lockers they trust each other.

5. Bergkamp1988

Bergkamp1988 Well-Known Member

Good point

6. bandaid

bandaid Active Member

paying 7m to buy Doozi and paying him wages for 2 yrs has been a huge waste of money. The same money could have been spent in giving Aaron Ramsey a raise.

7. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

Ramsey is way superior to Bale and maybe even Rush. There's a lot of talent coming through with the likes of Ampadu, but 2016 especially he's been their standout player way before Bale. If Aaron wasn't suspended they'd have made the final.

Ash10, Oh_Snap, Squillaci and 2 others like this.
  8. Marjorie

Marjorie Well-Known Member

Superior to bale and rush? Not for me, Clive.

9. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

The way Wenger changed british football should be held in higher regards when it comes to comparison with SAF legacy, even though i too obviously holf SAFs accomplishments in higher regard

Wengers ability to get us in top four during the "dark years" is overrated on here, imo. Not like we were a poverty team by any means, still one of the leagues largest wage bill and talented squads.

Mesut Özil should have been allowed to play for a longer time with Ronaldo, their understanding of each other on the field was glorious. Dont understand that sale at all.

SingmeasongSong likes this.
  10. MATHEO

MATHEO Active Member

Campbell doesn't get enough credit, on his prime he was much better than prime Vidic

Riou likes this.
  11. tcahill

tcahill Well-Known Member

Raul had an excellent transfer window. Brought in:

- First team quality LB
    -World class winger
    -First team quality midfielder on loan
    -Two excellent prospects in Martinelli and Saliba
    -First team quality CB for cheap and on a short contract

Circumstances that could not be forseen:

-Pepe has taken awhile adapting to the league
    -Tierney has been injured for the majority of the season (yes he was brought in injured but recovery was longer than expected and second injury was unlucky)
    -Ceballos has overall been average so far
    -Emery struggled to use Luiz to his best effect.

His only foot wrong is not firing Emery sooner.

12. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

Every single player over the age of 23 (with the exception of Pepe and Auba) should be sold within the next 2 to 3 years. They are not good enough and never will be.
    Bellerin
    Xhaka
    Torreira
    Sokratis
    Luiz
    Holding
    Chambers
    Pepe
    Auba (he leaves because he’s too good for us and not because he isn’t good enough, but still, he should be sold to rebuild the squad)
    Lacazette
    Kolasanic
    Soares
    Özil
    Mustafi
    Leno
    Martinez
    I can’t think of anyone else but yeah the lot of them should be binned within the next few years and quickly.

Hunta likes this.
  13. Hunta

Hunta NOT In A Caravan Trusted

Spot on.

Keep the Hale End lads, Martinelli, Guendouzi, Saliba and I’d give Pepe and Tierney another season.

The rest all need binning.

RunTheTrap likes this.
  14. roz

roz Well-Known Member

Can you imagine if they actually did that in the summer. Would be amazing if only for sky sports news linking us to a new player every 10 mins only for us to field 8 players as we didn’t have enough cash to replace all the dross we sold.

L3T5 PL4Y and Hunta like this.
  15. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Move Xhaka to CB.

16. GoonerJay24

GoonerJay24 Active Member

That's wrong on so many levels.

17. Idiotologue

Idiotologue Well-Known Member

Leno is definitely good enough, and Pépé is far too talented to give up on so quickly. The rest I'm fine with.

18. Eaststander74

Eaststander74 Jury Lite II

I’ve struggled with it too. I’ve often looked for an alternative, but ‘he’s lost the changing room’ just makes it sound like the manager has early-onset Alzheimer’s. Going forward, I think ‘dresser’ sounds sufficiently manly.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    Bergkamp1988 likes this.
  19. MATHEO

MATHEO Active Member

Very unpopular, but Özil under Wenger was getting better each season. Maybe his assist record never matched his second season (constant injuries were a factor), but he started to become a goalscorer and making proper runs in the box, Alexis and Giroud always found him. He also had a slightly bigger influence on our buildup play.

Sadly it went downhill since Emery was appointed

20. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

16/17 was the season he and Alexis really started to form such a good understanding. The firs two seasons they assisted each other for some goals but 16/17 it was almost telepathic. 17/18 it's kind of hard to judge given how bad things were.