• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

Our fanbase overyhypes our youth academy..

How so? We had 5 players from the academy contributing yesterday. We just sold one player for 40 M last summer that came through from the academy. Juventus and Barcelona have recently take a punt on players from our academy. We had 4 players in top100 youth talents voted by journalists this year. And foreign clubs are constantly scouting our academy and sniffing around our players. Its probably one of the better academies in Europe at the moment.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
How so? We had 5 players from the academy contributing yesterday. We just sold one player for 40 M last summer from the academy. Juventus and Barcelona have recently take a punt on players from our academy. We had 4 players in top100 youth talents voted by journalists this year. And foreign clubs are constantly scouting our academy and sniffing around our players. Its probably one of the better academies in Europe at the moment.
That last line just proves my point..

roz

Fake News Merchant
How so? We had 5 players from the academy contributing yesterday. We just sold one player for 40 M last summer that came through from the academy. Juventus and Barcelona have recently take a punt on players from our academy. We had 4 players in top100 youth talents voted by journalists this year. And foreign clubs are constantly scouting our academy and sniffing around our players. Its probably one of the better academies in Europe at the moment.
Contributing to what exactly? Not registering a shot on goal in 90 mins?

You think the likes of Willock, Nelson, Nketiah would get into the starting XI of the other top 6 teams ?? As far as I'm concerned the last very good player to come up through the ranks was Gnabry

Well, I think if top6 teams decided not to spend money and went the academy route like we are doing they would count themselves lucky having these talents.

Gnabry was good for sure, but he didn't really start to blossom at Bayern until he was 22-23. So our players still have a lot of time to develop and be ready!

roz

Fake News Merchant
You think the likes of Willock, Nelson, Nketiah would get into the starting XI of the other top 6 teams ?? As far as I'm concerned the last very good player to come up through the ranks was Gnabry
Nketiah didn’t start at Leeds with Patrick Bamford ahead of him. Says alot really, especially for a side trying to get into the premiership.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Well, I think if top6 teams decided not to spend money and went the academy route like we are doing they would count themselves lucky having these talents.

Gnabry was good for sure, but he didn't really start to blossom at Bayern until he was 22-23. So our players still have a lot of time to develop and be ready!
The thing is mate when a player at 20-21 shows signs its evident how good he will come, I remember watching the likes of Fabregas and Henry when they were 21, you just knew they would become world class eventually because they had unique elements in their games at such a young age. I don't see any elements in someone like Willock at all. The youth policy is not working

The thing is mate when a player at 20-21 shows signs its evident how good he will come, I remember watching the likes of Fabregas and Henry when they were 21, you just knew they would become world class eventually because they had unique elements in their games at such a young age. I don't see any elements in someone like Willock at all. The youth policy is not working

Actually Arteta has said that its the youth players who are already at the club that are best occupied to play his style of football so they will most likely be the foundation of the squad next couple of years.

I think the academy will save us a lot of money in the long run. Game time to these players will get their prize higher and we need that for our self-sustaining model. But I'm also very optimistic that few of them will make it here.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Still not really over how Wilshere turned out...go back to 2011 and tell me by 26 Jack would be playing for West Ham, and I would have laughed in your face...not fair :(

Regarding this group of youngsters, they look decent, if somewhat unspectacular so far...but it’s always good to see young players get a chance.

Last edited:

roz

Fake News Merchant
Willock for me is the least talented of the current crop of youth.
Frustrating even with one our brightest in Saka who’s stalling for a better contract. Yes he’s been good. Amazing? No.

play 5-10 decent games at Arsenal and its like you’ve made it.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Actually Arteta has said that its the youth players who are already at the club that are best occupied to play his style of football so they will most likely be the foundation of the squad next couple of years.

I think the academy will save us a lot of money in the long run. Game time to these players will get their prize higher and we need that for our self-sustaining model. But I'm also very optimistic that few of them will make it here.
Well then prepare for midtable finishes for years to come

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Willock for me is the least talented of the current crop of youth.
Frustrating even with one our brightest in Saka who’s stalling for a better contract. Yes he’s been good. Amazing? No.

play 5-10 decent games at Arsenal and its like you’ve made it.
Whats baffling is the guy is superb for friendly matches. Maybe can't cope when the pressure is on ??

roz

Fake News Merchant
Whats baffling is the guy is superb for friendly matches. Maybe can't cope when the pressure is on ??
Luxury players. No winning mentality between them. I’ve been slated for saying it before but none of them show me this hunger to prove themselves or even to win. A few stepovers, a nice touch here and there. But no character.

Compare that to guys like Martinelli or even Guendouzi who fight for everything. You can see they want it. Surprising since the academy lads are born n bred Arsenal.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Luxury players. No winning mentality between them. I’ve been slated for saying it before but none of them show me this hunger to prove themselves or even to win. A few stepovers, a nice touch here and there. But no character.

Compare that to guys like Martinelli or even Guendouzi who fight for everything. You can see they want it. Surprising since the academy lads are born n bred Arsenal.
Guendouzi is also very overrated. He imo was just as bad as Willock last night if not worse and is not getting half the criticism Willock is getting..

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom