• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Theo Walcott: Sold to Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

karl

Amazingly scored 19 goals and still feels like the bad part of his game outweighs the good. In truth there is not a lot different to Sanchez, who scored 5 more goals and gave the ball away many more times. They are both liabilities in the wide positions and neither convinces me centrally, as their positional play has not been disciplined.

Ewarwoowar

He raised his head for a few games putting in a shift offensively and defensively and for a while forgot He was injury prone. Then games like Hull happened where He got man handled for ninety minutes and retired back in His shell.

My belief is a lot of fragility(physical) is in the mind, if your scared to be hit not only are you tense when it comes for you that your own muscles are working against you ultimately compounding what ever else is being thrown at you. You freeze mentally you are not operating on animal instinct, you are not in the zone, your reflexes are slowed your reaction time is at a crawl, really difficult to cushion or evade full contact in such circumstance, which also in effect hampers your footballing ability.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Theo is a confidence player. He will just spiral down if having to compete. See how easily the Ox has displaced him. Sell Feo and buy Fekir.
That I can't deny but his response after last season's atrocious performance was pretty good I thought. Ox has improved too though. Just buying Fekir on top of those two would be ideal imo. Fekir can play striker, behind the striker and with a striker while Ox can play midfield or from the left too so having three of them would be great.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Does anyone think it partly has to do with what he said after the Palace game - maybe Wenger was annoyed that Theo let slip that he doesn't motivate the team enough to win
Hadn't thought of that and I was thinking it strange he has suddenly been ousted with no way back in. Could be. What were his exact comments again. I remember reading them and thinking, why would you say that Theo.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
in fairness, he probably would have left if he had known we'd end the season playing wing backs!

Ironically the formation change is perfect for him to play as a striker again, he can't play as a lone striker but he can work in a two.
I've said before I think him and Giroud would make a decent partnership, both have glaring weaknesses as a lone striker, either too slow to offer any threat in behind or too small/weak and not technical enough to play off but one has what the other lacks.
Think Heskey and Owen, big lump and small, fast goalscorer who can't really do anythng else.
I'd like to see us try it with Sanchez at 10 at some point, although we have to wait for him to announce what position he plays now that we don't have any wingers
"tonight Matthew I'm going to be..."

karl

Does anyone think it partly has to do with what he said after the Palace game - maybe Wenger was annoyed that Theo let slip that he doesn't motivate the team enough to win
No, he just doesn't fit into this formation. He opted out of striker and couldn't be trusted on the right. I know Ox can be a little suspect on defensive issues, but he will bust a gut to get back when needed.

The main thing with Theo is that, if he doesn't score, there is probably no contribution.

mm76

Yer Da
Hadn't thought of that and I was thinking it strange he has suddenly been ousted with no way back in. Could be. What were his exact comments again. I remember reading them and thinking, why would you say that Theo.

"I think they (Palace) just wanted it more"

mm76

Yer Da
When I read this I remember thinking to myself "wait, I thought Theo had a brilliant PR team. Are they on leave". Silly silly comments.

He thought he was just rolling out a typical cliche - just didn't think about what he was saying or how insulting it was to fans - i suspect his teammates weren't impressed either

and as i say i don't think Wenger was too - he surely should have got another appearance, if only as a sub, by now - personally, and for all his faults, i'd still bring him on ahead of Giroud

infinium

Walcott on the RW was always dependent on Bellerin's form. He won't be a good defender so is naturally reliant on the RB doing well. Problem is since the turn of the year too often we have found Bellerin further up the pitch than Walcott and it's all gone to pot down that flank!

Hyruga

Bellerin and Walcott combo is a joke because Walcott has no confidence to receive the ball so he lets bellerin dribble up all he wants while he runs away from the ball to avoid defensive error. In the end, right back totally exposed at the back and Arsenal lost 8 premier league games featuring bellerin and Walcott.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown
Top Bottom