• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Theo Walcott: Sold to Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I expect nothing with him on the pitch. He's a waste of money and a squad place. His goal return is good this season but nothing that can't be replaced by a RW with attacking prowess or a RW that adds balance and doesn't leave us being countered without pushing back.

Hyruga

The 9 premier league losses this season featuring Walcott.

7 Losses (playing at least 45 min)
14-08-2016 Arsenal 3 : 4 Liverpool
13-12-2016 Everton 2 : 1 Arsenal
18-12-2016 Manchester City 2 : 1 Arsenal
31-01-2017 Arsenal 1 : 2 Watford
04-02-2017 Chelsea 3 : 1 Arsenal
18-03-2017 West Bromwich Albion 3 : 1 Arsenal
10-04-2017 Crystal Palace 3 : 0 Arsenal

2 losses (playing less than 20 min)

04-03-2017 Liverpool 3 : 1 Arsenal
30-04-2017 Tottenham 2 : 0 Arsenal

Draws
20-08-2016 Leicester 0 : 0 Arsenal
22-10-2016 Arsenal 0 : 0 Middlesbrough
06-11-2016 Arsenal 1 : 1 Tottenham
19-11-2016 Manchester United 1 : 1 Arsenal
02-04-2017 Arsenal 2 : 2 Manchester City

Altogether for Walcott,
27 league games
3 games played less than 20 mins (Eg last night against Stoke) (1 won, 2 losses) will not count

24 main games WITH Walcott
12 won, 5 draws, 7 losses

Meaning 9 games WITHOUT Walcott,
8 wins 1 draw.

Arsenal might not be able to win last night if they play Walcott at the 60 min as sub.

Drop Walcott for good.

Hyruga

The 9 premier league losses this season featuring Walcott.

7 Losses (playing at least 45 min)
14-08-2016 Arsenal 3 : 4 Liverpool
13-12-2016 Everton 2 : 1 Arsenal
18-12-2016 Manchester City 2 : 1 Arsenal
31-01-2017 Arsenal 1 : 2 Watford
04-02-2017 Chelsea 3 : 1 Arsenal
18-03-2017 West Bromwich Albion 3 : 1 Arsenal
10-04-2017 Crystal Palace 3 : 0 Arsenal

2 losses (playing less than 20 min)

04-03-2017 Liverpool 3 : 1 Arsenal
30-04-2017 Tottenham 2 : 0 Arsenal

Draws
20-08-2016 Leicester 0 : 0 Arsenal
22-10-2016 Arsenal 0 : 0 Middlesbrough
06-11-2016 Arsenal 1 : 1 Tottenham
19-11-2016 Manchester United 1 : 1 Arsenal
02-04-2017 Arsenal 2 : 2 Manchester City

Altogether for Walcott,
28 league games
4 games played less than 20 mins (Eg Walcott sub in late 80+ min against Stoke and Sunderland) (2 won, 2 losses) will not count

24 main games WITH Walcott
12 won, 5 draws, 7 losses

Meaning 9 games WITHOUT Walcott,
8 wins 1 draw.

brokenforum

Can't wait for next season. One of the few beacons of hope on this one was that Walcott despite getting them tap ins and staying fit got shoved back to where he belongs, off the pitch.

Will we finally move on? will we witness the transfer move that's been keeping us from improving during more than a decade? Will we decide to put an end to the banter era?

When you look at Theo Walcott, you can see the living testament of Arsenal's decline, and the most intriguing paradox in modern football. The reason there's a decline is Arsène Wenger keeping this guy, but the reason that decline hasn't been sharp results wise has been Arsène Wenger in spite of keeping this guy.

And the fanbase keeps thinkin Park Chu Young is the biggest mystery of Wenger era, ha.

mm76again...

If Wenger sells Theo we could actually believe things will get better

reality though will kick in when he's signed on bigger wages until 2027 and made club captain instead...

Wenger: "Nutheeng sumz up zis clurb better than Theeo Wolcott in terms of 'iz attitude and mental strength"

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
One of the best things to emerge from this new system is the lack of gametime Theo's getting. He doesn't really fit in anywhere which is fine by me.

Comes on, collects a pinpoint pass from Xhaka, does some daft turn and the chance comes to nothing. This guy is rubbish. £140k p/w is laughable. This has to be the summer we move him on.

He a long with Gibbs are the first two players I'd ship out.

Karlos14478

If Wenger sells Theo we could actually believe things will get better

reality though will kick in when he's signed on bigger wages until 2027 and made club captain instead...

Wenger: "Nutheeng sumz up zis clurb better than Theeo Wolcott in terms of 'iz attitude and mental strength"

Hilarious. Walcott is smarmy simple as that. Can't stand the guy.

Karlos14478

Gibbs hasn't do
One of the best things to emerge from this new system is the lack of gametime Theo's getting. He doesn't really fit in anywhere which is fine by me.

Comes on, collects a pinpoint pass from Xhaka, does some daft turn and the chance comes to nothing. This guy is rubbish. £140k p/w is laughable. This has to be the summer we move him on.

He a long with Gibbs are the first two players I'd ship out.

Gibbs hasn't done bad (wealth wise) out of Arsenal considering. Jenkinson refusing to join palace in case they went down and having to take a 50% wage cut was a real sign of the selfish fools we have. Must be hard for him to take home 20k a week! Young Footballers at Arsenal really are something else.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Back to Southampton seems reasonable especially if someone snags Tadic. Or City for the homegrown requirements. After all he's such a Pep player. :lol:

140k a week is going to scare people off. I still dont believe we pay him that much it cant be right.. this club is so wasteful with its assets, we need a ****ing director of football or transfers

African Flair

140k a week is going to scare people off. I still dont believe we pay him that much it cant be right.. this club is so wasteful with its assets, we need a ****ing director of football or transfers
Valid point. Unfortunately I'm sure it is. Going back to that year, he and his agent had all the leverage, the atmosphere was almost like the clubs future was on the line there with Theo in or out.

Hyruga

The problem with Theo is not the money. Sure we paid him 140k per week and it's high and stuff but we save money by not having to spend 30 mil on a striker/winger or pay someone 250k a week.

The problem with Theo is his lack of tenacity, poor decision making, passive, not defending (not fighting for balls, not tackling, not stopping crosses and headers), poor technical skills like crossing/passing/dribbling, no initiative to create. Although he can run, he hardly run at all in actual games. The only strength Theo has after 11 years is scoring tap-ins. I think he still has problem getting scissors kicks or scorpion kicks or good headers (Walcott and Welbeck have to learn from Giroud on that but we have no more time for Theo after 11 long years)

Last edited:

Axel9090

We havent really missed him and we wont if we keep this new formation. Ox and Iwobi could play on the wings, we also have Perez if Wenger actually gives him a chance. Hopefully Santi can get fit too. All this and some new transfers as well will have us sorted. Walcott has played his part but its time for him to move on.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
We havent really missed him and we wont if we keep this new formation. Ox and Iwobi could play on the wings, we also have Perez if Wenger actually gives him a chance. Hopefully Santi can get fit too. All this and some new transfers as well will have us sorted. Walcott has played his part but its time for him to move on.
As much as I tend to agree. Something tells me we'll see Theo do what he always does when he is not getting any joy. He'll rise up again and then have his usual dip in form followed by an injury. I think Wenger is too stubborn to admit he's gone wrong with this one. Also, at 140 a week. Who is going to buy him. We're stuck with the lad.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Gibbs hasn't do

Gibbs hasn't done bad (wealth wise) out of Arsenal considering. Jenkinson refusing to join palace in case they went down and having to take a 50% wage cut was a real sign of the selfish fools we have. Must be hard for him to take home 20k a week! Young Footballers at Arsenal really are something else.

Gibbs has completely nicked a living. Never really done anything substantial, yet collected a tasty wage per-week after signing on along with the rest of the British Core.

I feel times up for Gibbs. Unless he's happy to be third choice, which I don't reckon is beyond him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom