• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

They are called Referees

Are you for VAR or not?

• Total voters

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Been advocating micing up the refs for ages. Means we can hear their reasoning behind the decision and perhaps remove all doubt that they are corrupt and/or idiots.

But why have them release it post game rather than broadcasting it live when it happens?

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

I like the look of this. One problem with determining offsides is that camera angle and perspective can be decieving. Having a full 3D model solves that, also good that it can more accurately determine when the ball was struck.

Also does away with the manually drawing lines thing which speeds up decision making and is more consistent.

D

Deleted member 102404

The moment I became sure that VAR is just another subjective opinion clouded by bias was the moment McCarthur was not sent off for a wild kick on Saka in the Palace game last year. No excuses there. It had to be bias for Palace, or against Arsenal, that kept him on the pitch. There can be no other reason. That decision alone cost us 2 points.

Now I just view VAR for what it is. A tool for biased officials to use in order to search for anything to benefit their favoured team or punish the teams they don’t like. Totally subjective and used to tip the scales in any given match and over a season.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

A bit mixed on this. The less you know the better sometimes.
I would have preferred an NBA style report where they explain controversial decisions (In the NBA they only do it for decisions made in the last 2 mins of close games) but anything that promotes accountability of referees is welcome.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
I like the look of this. One problem with determining offsides is that camera angle and perspective can be decieving. Having a full 3D model solves that, also good that it can more accurately determine when the ball was struck.

Also does away with the manually drawing lines thing which speeds up decision making and is more consistent.

Mostly agree, the offside line will always have a margin of error that you cannot get away with, no matter where you place it, how thick you make it or whatever. But this can make things a bit clearer, ideally getting us closer to a technology nobody complains about like Hawkeye (which have denied goals where the ball is touching the line by a milimeter, but there's no longer outrage)

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Been advocating micing up the refs for ages. Means we can hear their reasoning behind the decision and perhaps remove all doubt that they are corrupt and/or idiots.

But why have them release it post game rather than broadcasting it live when it happens?
Maybe they don’t have the technology to do it live?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
i never knew the commentators have the Ref VAR audio live already

they never really let on... Neville was talking about it on the Overlap today

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

And so it begins.

How that challenge wasn't at least a yellow. Both feet in the air, catches the standing leg first and then the ball. Totally out of control and still not even a yellow. Let Xhaka make that challenge and he would get a straight red I 100,000% guarantee it. It's so ****ing ludicrous it is unreal! :facepalm:

jake

Not arsenal, but if I would have been a chelsea fan i would have been pretty annoyed of yesterdays refereing. Reminds me when Fellani (of all players) dragged down Gezendui in the hair and nothing happends, but that was before var tho….

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I thought our ref on Saturday did okay tbh and I must also praise Mike Dean who was on VAR for getting that Vardy penalty overturned. The only error was not giving GJ a penalty but it looked 50/50 in real time.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom