• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Should be Jorginho against Sp**s in my eyes.

What we need is defensive solidity against Sp**s, they're going to come out all gung ho against us.

Partey did a lot of good stuff against Chelsea but defensively he does make us much more vulnerable at 6. We actually conceded quite a lot of chances against Chelsea.

Start Partey in the flat track bully matches, Bournemouth and Everton where you can afford to take more risks.

Partey offers us much more then Jorginho does tbf.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Played like Patrick Vieira v Chelsea, ngl.

Will be back to playing like Fabio Vieira sooner rather than later though 👍

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Thought he was excellent today tbh, hopefully we've seen the last of Drunkle™ for this season because paired with Rice/Ødegaard we have one of the best midfields in Europe

I’m gonna zig while AM zags here and say we absolutely should not be looking for a Partey replacement.

Firstly I just need to be clear that I want him out of this club, but that has no bearing on the rest of the post.

Like @TheEliteMaster100_ and many others before him have said, Partey on the ball is a unicorn. Not even Rodri can play through the press like he can. He is a one off in this respect, regardless of some of his shortcomings when out of possession. Having him AND Rice at the base of our midfield with their ridiculously complementary skill sets is like a cheat code.

But….

The thing with Unicorns is that they don’t come around pretty often. Basing our entire tactical set up around a unicorn is a strategy fraught with key man risk. It is not easily repeatable. City have a similar problem with Rodri - just look at how they drop when he doesn’t play.

This is not just an issue when said player is unavailable but also when it’s time to get a replacement. Just look at the struggles AM is having in identifying possible replacements - even guys with ⚽🎓 like @2Smokeyy are out here on their knees suggesting names like plumbotka fs.

I can think of way way more elite b2b types than Partey types. Chain yourself to this ball at your own peril.

I tried to read this but you lost me at zig zags. You are to smart for me.

Fallout

Performance underscored how important it is to buy a progressive CM this summer

I'd also keep him around another season if he's up for it

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
His good moments are very good, but when he makes mistakes it puts us under heavy pressure.

I would say overall he was a plus today, some very good passing on display.

What’s our average goals conceded this season when he’s on the pitch vs not?

(Jk it’s too small a sample size but fk it 🍿 anyway)

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

What’s our average goals conceded this season when he’s on the pitch vs not?

(Jk it’s too small a sample size but fk it 🍿 anyway)

Lapses of concentration aside I have liked what I have seen when it comes to Partey. This song and dance with his fitness and his personal issues not having clarity and stuff, it's just not worth it for me and I would like to see it end this summer.

This nonsense being spouted that he's bad or Jorginho would be better or whatever are both absolutely ridiculous though, it's clear Rice/Partey/Ødegaard is by far the best midfield.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom