• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Playing worse and worse with each match. Was mildly excited when hearing he would make Xhaka redundant, but I guess a possible interpretation of that sentence is that we now have 2 Xhakas.

His body feints and quick forward passes seem to be as harmless as Xhaka's famous lofted balls to the wings were back then

A-M, man

A-M

Not good for your brain.

Jae

Had a nightmare out there. Hope it's just a one off bad game.

"A nightmare" :lol: come off it mate.

My only criticism of him is that he is VERY risky on the ball, which it the exact opposite of everything that he had been subjected to in midfield over the past 5 years. Sometimes hangs onto the ball for a little bit too long but I think that's because he's so confident on the ball.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Lack of training and having to do a late fitness test showed today, still made some great passes forward, made 2 0r 3 vital interceptions as well.

Think we would've lost without him even if he had a relatively poor performance.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Had some dodgy moments but still showed glimpses of quality from time to time. Not fully fit maybe?

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Had some dodgy moments but still showed glimpses of quality from time to time. Not fully fit maybe?
Speed of thought dropped a few levels. Will happen for him every now and then. 1st season in the PL and he's been out injured for most of it.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

My only criticism of him is that he is VERY risky on the ball, which it the exact opposite of everything that he had been subjected to in midfield over the past 5 years. Sometimes hangs onto the ball for a little bit too long but I think that's because he's so confident on the ball.
"Nightmare" for his quality that I have seen in previous matches. Too many misplaced simple passes. Him holding on to ball long is a trend I have noticed but that's because he is trying to play through balls at the right moment. I did like the fact that he kept trying to make forward passes in spite of not being in a good passing form.

Reactions: Jae

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
His passing was very poor tonight, but he is exactly what we need in the midfield. We have nobody else who offers those driving runs from deep and his head is always looking up.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

mixed performances, some poor passes and lost the ball. But some very good passing in there that opened up the pitch. Those straight through passes he does through opponents press are huge. He also calms Xhaka down and xhaka seem to trust him with the ball. I think as he gets fitter he will become huge

Pop Tart

Established Member
He has been sloppy of late but you can see in terms of pressing, strength and intelligence that he be good for us. Still finding his rhythm for us after two injuries

Legend14

Established Member

He hangs on the ball because no one is available. He usually passes one touch. Hard to see his choices from the tv tbf.

Jakarta

He looked dead on his feet when running back several times.

No biggie...injuries and still getting used to the league so not 100% sharp.

Arsenal fans tho bringing their swords out already:rolleyes:

mpower2540

His mere presence in the team elevates us. He looked leggy though, couple of poor passes, losing the ball in dangerous areas, by his standards he had a difficult evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom