• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Looking at that, that was a bit old & there are more recent ones come out & said thats not true. There is a more recent one out on the previous page which I'm hoping is right. Although down the bottom it says July 20 but click on the link it says 15/7.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

That article told us nothing that we didn't already know :(
The article is telling us a few extra things I reckon, prefers us to any other club interested & also says he prefers a move to us this summer. Obviously there are 2 different sides to the story, one side says he's set to stay in Spain & re-sign with Madrid :facepalm: The other side to me says he's more then open to a move this summer getting in Europe or not.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
As Atletico seems to want to increase the price with this new contract talk, I hope that Arteta and Edu have an alternative in place if Partey deal fails.

I'd look no further than Ndidi of Leicester.
He is a very good passer of the ball, highly athletic and was instrumental in the pre-covid success of Leicester in this season.

Maybe Leicester could be prized with the same price as Partey's release clause of £44.8 million and even throw Chambers through a loan deal.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

As Atletico seems to want to increase the price with this new contract talk, I hope that Arteta and Edu have an alternative in place if Partey deal fails.

He is a very good passer of the ball, highly athletic and was instrumental in the pre-covid success of Leicester in this season.

Maybe Leicester could be prized with the same price as Partey's release clause of £44.8 million and even throw Chambers through a loan deal.
I've got Ndidi on my manager mode, I'd look no further then him either tbh. Really impresses me in real life aswell. Only thing is, I think they are 2 different types of midfielder, Ndidi is purely a DM type & Partey is more a b2b type.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Ndidi is a good player, although i don't know if he's as good going forward as Partey. But yeah I just think Leicester are so difficult to buy from.

A possible name is Denis Zakaria from Gladbach. I think he'd cost the same as Partey, around 40-50m. He's younger but could develop into just as good a player, knows Xhaka well too.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Zakaria from Gladbach !
Probably a hard one though, going to have CL and a very good coach as well.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Ndidi is a good player, although i don't know if he's as good going forward as Partey. But yeah I just think Leicester are so difficult to buy from.

A possible name is Denis Zakaria from Gladbach. I think he'd cost the same as Partey, around 40-50m. He's younger but could develop into just as good a player, knows Xhaka well too.

Haha, just missed this - seems like we are on the same page there ;)

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Zakaria from Gladbach !
Probably a hard one though, going to have CL and a very good coach as well.

Coincidentally this has just come out. They'd sell for basically the same price as Partey! But bigger teams are interested, although i still think there's a window of opportunity to get him before he gets too well-known.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
It would be kinda weird to have a real deep interest in Partey but no interest in Zakaria. You'd imagine that if Partey is on your list of targets, you must have looked at Zakaria too.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Coincidentally this has just come out. They'd sell for basically the same price as Partey! But bigger teams are interested, although i still think there's a window of opportunity to get him before he gets too well-known.

Very surprised with this ! Gladbach is building something themselves with Rose and losing Zakaria would be huge.

Though, getting big profit on him might be tempting and if it's money reinvested in a clever manner, it might just be fine.

Issue with us is also that he'd now have the chance to play CL, either at Gladbach or at a club like City whilst we might not have European football at all.

Tough one, but I might just prefer him to Partey, if there was ever a chance to get him in.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Partey only renews his contract if we don’t sign him. He could’ve signed his contract before now. It’s the same **** with Aubameyang. If there’s no genuine interest in him he’ll sign a new contract.

Reactions: A_G

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
If we miss out on Partey I would like us to take a look atVan de Beek.

Different type of player, but also a good option for the b2b position.

Highly mobile, adequate defensively, less of a unit than Partey for physical duels, adds more goals with timely runs into to box, good passing range.

He's ready for a step up. Would rise the technical level of our midfield significantly with his ability to play one-touch football. As would Partey.

Another option could be Golovin who seems able to contribute both defensively and offensively as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom