• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ticket Misery

karl

I went to games at Highbury in the past and also have attended more recent matches away from home. However, I had to wait a long time to get a league match ticket at the Emirates. That game came on Saturday against Blackpool, but sadly it was a totally forgettable experience due to bad administration.

Along with several hundred other fans who had blocked cards and tickets, I had to make my way to the ticket office instead of my seat for kick off. Most were calm about the situation, but I could totally understand some of the anger misdirected at a copper trying to deal with the line as we heard kick off.

I was one of the luck ones and entered the stadium with a re-issued ticket just before half time. I was quite irritated by then having paid £40 that the club were more than happy to take from me and only getting half the match. The girl issuing the ticket was apologetic and polite, but that is pretty useless at that stage. I guess they are more careful when paying their multi-millionaire staff than looking after longtime fans.

NWgunner

That's awful. I'd definitely write to the club and complain.

I heard something about the EPL making us reissue the tickets cos we put the Barclays Premiership on them, that could've caused some of the issues?

Accomplished

Established Member
karl said:
I went to games at Highbury in the past and also have attended more recent matches away from home. However, I had to wait a long time to get a league match ticket at the Emirates. That game came on Saturday against Blackpool, but sadly it was a totally forgettable experience due to bad administration.

Along with several hundred other fans who had blocked cards and tickets, I had to make my way to the ticket office instead of my seat for kick off. Most were calm about the situation, but I could totally understand some of the anger misdirected at a copper trying to deal with the line as we heard kick off.

I was one of the luck ones and entered the stadium with a re-issued ticket just before half time. I was quite irritated by then having paid £40 that the club were more than happy to take from me and only getting half the match. The girl issuing the ticket was apologetic and polite, but that is pretty useless at that stage. I guess they are more careful when paying their multi-millionaire staff than looking after longtime fans.

Exact same thing happened to me at the beginning of last season, season ticket had been blocked, it was unbelievable and I missed half the ****ing match.

Things nearly kicked off in the queue too because people started getting pissed at each other for taking too long.

karl

The officials sent to the queue tried to pacify people by telling us that last year it had been worse. I guess some must have missed the whole game. Hardly much of an excuse though. It's alright because we got it wrong last year as well.

A person behind me was a carer for a blind fan. They made no exception for the fact the blind fan's ticket worked and his carer was left in the queue. Quite poor really.

goonerleila

Established Member
That's totally unacceptable, you should defintely complain, although if they haven't learnt their lessons from last season whats the chances they will now? :roll:

James

Established Member
That is unbelievably poor. You should definitely follow it up with the club. Which block was this?

karl

Not sure what block now, but it was a couple of rows from the back on the North Bank in the middle.

Accomplished

Established Member
James said:
That is unbelievably poor. You should definitely follow it up with the club. Which block was this?

last season it was pretty much every block, scattered around the stadium. Dunno what it was, but apparently my season ticket hadn't been "activated", which I guess is what happened against Blackpool, as well as some other tickets being blocked.

I mean, I can understand one or two tickets, but a few hundred people, and then a lot of them season ticket holders...when you pay 1800 quid, you don't expect to be turned away for the first game :evil:

karl

As far as I can tell nobody was turned away, which made the whole exercise even worse. Maybe next year they should just have a section of the ground to let these people in and watch the match on a screen while the club sort out the paperwork. I imagine they expect the same next year.

11vanpersie

Write to the club, but that will probably be a waste of your time. They never reply - they are useless at replying. Even reading your post makes me angry. I am waiting for a phone call back from the club from 3 months ago. After calling several times I have given up.

karl

The club has a bit to learn in dealing with the fans that provide their income by way of either tickets or tv subs. With the kind of funds at their disposal you would think they could provide better support. A few more staff to deal with huge match day queues would not even add up to the wages of a reserve player. I guess there is always someone else to buy your ticket and our loyalty means little in current circumstances while the game rides high.

No point dwelling on it further though. It’s the club I love and not necessarily the current regime. My girlfriend bought me a legends tour pass for my birthday, so I'll give it another go and see how that turns out. Have definitely been put off paying for another match day ticket for now though.

karl

I finally found time to attend the Legends Tour at the Emirates yesterday. It was interesting to see behind the scenes at this impressive stadium. The makeup of the pitch and shape of the top tiers allowing sunlight to the pitch were details that make the difference. They seem to have thought about everything and it puts Wembley in the shade.

Anyway, my faith in the club was restored by 70's legend Charlie George. I was a bit too young to remember his exploits well, but he showed his class and knowledge of the club. Some great stories and I was amazed to see how things changed so much. His first salary was £5 per week and had a £30 signing on fee. That meant he travelled to matches on the bus with fans. He still remains an avid fan and it was a pleasure to hear him talk.

jerome2158

Established Member
was it worth it to go on the legends tour? I went on one of the regular tours a while back and was disappointed, mostly by the people on the tour. Towards the end someone asked "which team plays here?" All this after they couldn't keep their children in control, climbing on everything and yelling the whole time. Seemed like the poor tour guide just gave up.

what was even more unfortunate was that i went on a tour of stamford bridge, and apart from it being chelsea, the tour itself was fantastic.

karl

For me the content of the tour is a bit basic, but that was more than made up for by Charlie. You first come into the directors box to view the stadium. Here he makes the intro and a few one liners. You then go into the players dressing room, tunnel and dugout. A strange part of the tour appears to be the car park. Apparently you can park 1,700 cars under the stadium and you are left to wonder why you were not allowed to park anywhere as it is totally empty.

A trip to the press centre and a question session with the legend is the last part. I saw the normal tour just ahead of us, so I guess it is the same. Of course they leave you in the Arsenal superstore as you leave to hopefully help our impoverished stars! Not sure of the ticket price because it was a gift. An added bonus is the museum and that is quite interesting with a lot of interactive features.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom