• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Time that our perennial moaners got off Cygan's back?

Is it time to get off Cygan's back?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Yes indeed, sod off and moan about work to your mates ... if you need to moan.

Cygan is a good plyare and does not deserve this bull.

I did not notice at first that AW had playeed 2 slow defenders in Keown and Cygan, when you do that a red card is never too far away. Toure and Cygan should have been in middle.

Andrew

A big YES to that. I actually want Cygan as a regular next to Campbell, with Toure at right back. That is a good combination IMO.

Chips&CurrySauce

You're right webdesign. Keown was a liability from the frst minute until he got sent off. Should have played Toure with Cygan with Hoyte as right back

vin de guerre

I do want to clear one point up:
There is a vast difference between fair criticism of a player's performance during a game or over a period of time and what appears to happen here where we have "witch hunts" against specific players.
Criticism and debate are an important part of developing this community but embark on a continuous witch hunt is not acceptable.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
The same thread could be put out for Gilberto also.

Good grief, there is no pleasing some people.

"Free the Cygan 18"

beaney

Cygan is much improved although still lacks some pace, but is positioning is helping him there.

clichy looked quite good last night, he will do well.

Chips&CurrySauce is right...we should have had more pace in the centre, but being a goal down, i dont think we should have put on young hoyte.

Soler

Established Member
Agreed, Pascal is a quality player who would easily make the starting lineup at any of the "the rest" in the Premiership, and with their revolving door system, even at Chelsea.

A

Anonymous

He has improved a lot yes, but last night showed up his big weakness - his pace.

He was caught out for their first goal last night, and in todays modern game having no pace, especailly as a defender is a HUGE weakness.

Toure and Sol is the no1 partnership. He is a decent enough reserve to this.

reggiepaul

Oh god god god, his pace, his pace - blah blah blah and more importanty YAWN and SIGH.

Personally I didn't notice any weaknesses in Cygans game yesterday - neither his pace or anything else.

vin de guerre

that thru pass would have caught most CBs out when their partner has been sent off already. No amount of pace would have helped. the odds were piled up against him saving the situation.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
vin de guerre said:
that thru pass would have caught most CBs out when their partner has been sent off already. No amount of pace would have helped. the odds were piled up against him saving the situation.

The problem was all Keown's. I hate to say it but it is true. I wish he would retire and let us all give him a great send off ... not become a red card wonder. AW would have to sign a new CB and Toure would be RB.

Taozhe

keown is like Seaman ... past it and should retire. Too bad even when he has been a loyal Arsenal player

slapz

Whoever thinks Cygan is crap should go and complain about Wenger's judgement in player's abilities

thegame24

Established Member
Yes. i disliked cygan last year but i wont hold it against him this year. hes been pretty good so far, still prone to mistakes but blaming him and/or gilberto when we loose is *.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright
Top Bottom