• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Timo Hildebrand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Stuttgart are interested in Jens, Hildebrand's stalling on penning a new deal. Why not have a crack at a swap deal? Couldn't hurt.

lee1001

Established Member
We won't sign him. A move is perfect at the moment with our situation and Hildebrand's situation but obviously Wenger isn't interested.

Wenger has had 7 years to replace Seaman. He still hasn't.

Mark

Established Member
Lehmann for Hildebrand would be so perfect and yet Wenger just won't do anything. It's times like this when he really confuses me.

goonerkads

How do you know that he's not doing anything?. You don't have a clue what's going on behind the scenes, if everything was so simple and we could buy whatever player we wanted, we would be leading the premiership by 10 points.

Mark

Established Member
Don't kid yourself. It's obvious Wenger isn't doing anything. All we're linked with is midfielders and Wenger then just comes out saying he doesn't want to sign anyone anyway.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
We get linked with a lot of average Premiership goalkeepers. People like Kiraly, Given, Schwarzer, van der Sar, Green and Jaaskelainen. Niemi and Cudicini are the exceptions.

air

With some cash and Lehmann for Hildebrand it could work. Lehmann and Sammer know each other from Dortmund but I don't think Sammer would sign somebody just because they were at the same team.

Sammer

Established Member
Sammer just stated, that Lehmann would be a great replacement of Timo Hildbrand.

I just cannot see it happening and as Mark said, I am also confused by the apparent inactivity of Arsène in terms of keepers (maybe we are wrong on this).

It would be the perfect deal, but it seems that if Timo goes to an EPL club, it will be ManU. It would be a major disspointment, if Fergie would get Timo (and definately some triumph over Arsène in my view).

Clarkey

More importantly Lehmann is settling in this country with his family. He does not wish to move his children now they have settled and he has stated that he wishes they learn English before he considers any move. Timo may come, but I cannot see Lehmann moving for these family issues.

A

Anonymous

surely no money would be involved in the deal?? hildbrand looks as though he will leave for nothing so if Stuttgart swap him for lehman theyll have themself a keeper before the trnsfer window closes. its a good deal for both parties :|

A

Anonymous

what about hte croatian keeper pletikosa?? i may be bias because i am Croatian but he had a great world cup in 2002 and is wanted by Middelsbrough. it looks as though Shakatar will sell him for a low price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom