• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Toby Alderweireld

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Getting Oblak & Alderweireld would be huge.

It's possible though since we've sorted our attack out.

Defence & midfield should be our main concern during the summer.

Impact

Established Member
Getting Oblak & Alderweireld would be huge.

It's possible though since we've sorted our attack out.

Defence & midfield should be our main concern during the summer.

I don't think our attack is sorted. We are still missing a wide player who can act as an outlet. Upgrades at GK, CB x 2, DM and LW are required this summer and I would make a strong argument for LB too.

I don't think our attack is sorted. We are still missing a wide player who can act as an outlet. Upgrades at GK, CB x 2, DM and LW are required this summer and I would make a strong argument for LB too.

xShB_5.gif

How long have you been following Arsenal?

Last edited:

Uncle Good-Advice

I'm sure that we won't fix all of our problems in the summer but I think that we've appointed Sanllehi to complete some high-profile deals not for penny-pinching in Lewis Dunk deal...

Still rather unlikely but with Spanish connection here I wouldn't be surprised when we'll be in for him under these circumstances.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
We need to make up another role, could be anything like brand manager, innovation executive, overseas stakeholders trustee, whatever.

And then we need to fill that position within our ligue 1 guy, preferably whoever that is behind the Monaco magic.

Then i feel that our portfolio would be complete. Almost. If I'm being greedy might as well sink our corporate teeth on the south American talent pool as well, and dominate the world of the living.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We need to make up another role, could be anything like brand manager, innovation executive, overseas stakeholders trustee, whatever.

And then we need to fill that position within our ligue 1 guy, preferably whoever that is behind the Monaco magic.

Then i feel that our portfolio would be complete. Almost. If I'm being greedy might as well sink our corporate teeth on the south American talent pool as well, and dominate the world of the living.

And the dead, for good measure.

Hinderz

Pochettino getting needlessly defensive to the press when asked why Alderweireld had been left out is pretty funny.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Pretty sure this is BS. Also that's quite a meh selection of transfer targets. Even if it all happened, would it take us from 6th to 1st?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Not sure we can get Toby for £25.

Anyway an actual news source is talking about this:
Most important bit:
He is yet to agree to agree a new contract and his current deal contains a one-year extension option, which is scheduled to activate in the summer of 2019 and would see him contracted to 2020.

But it also features a £25million release clause that could be activated in the summer of 2019, as long as a transfer was completed at least 14 days before the closure of the window.

That means Sp**s may have to consider selling 28-year-old Alderweireld at the end of this season if new terms cannot be agreed before then. Manchester City and Chelsea are among the clubs, along with Real Madrid, who are watching the situation.

Nothing linking him to Arsenal.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐

Pretty sure this is BS. Also that's quite a meh selection of transfer targets. Even if it all happened, would it take us from 6th to 1st?
Guy loses any credibility when he can't even get his name right.

LG10

Would obviously take him but don't think he's quite as good as people say he is. Tottenham is very well organized defensively, in our "system" I think he would be exposed a bit. Would've been great next to Kos in his prime.

No chance of this happening anyways.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom