• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tomáš Rosický

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meek

Legend#1 said:
The whispers i'm hearing is it isn't Robin making way, rather it might be Reyes.

i hope its not the end of reyes. i knw he has had plenty of chances to prove himself. but he is a useful squad player. nevertheless, we shall see what happens.

Legend#1

Established Member
I can't believe people are moaning.

Everyone cries out for experience and established players, we get a a world class, yes I said it, world class midfielder, with international experience, cl experience.. and people are moaning.

Blah blah blah, he's the same as Hleb, blah blah blah, or as Rat would say, ngngngngng.

Rosicky makes space for himself better than Hleb, he was has better vision.. Hleb is the better dribbler.

Rosicky is a replacement for Pires, he's a mixture of Pires and Bergkamp, he has the vision and creativity of Bergkamp, and he has the turn of pace and penetration of Pires.. He's also a much better finisher than Hleb.

Both are brilliant players.. We didn't buy a 17 year old for once, stop ngngngng.

[/rant]

Legend#1

Established Member
Meek said:
Legend#1 said:
The whispers i'm hearing is it isn't Robin making way, rather it might be Reyes.

i hope its not the end of reyes. i knw he has had plenty of chances to prove himself. but he is a useful squad player. nevertheless, we shall see what happens.

It's lookin very likely he's off to Madrid by the end of the summer.

Kraig

Established Member
reyes is too lightweight in the league and thats where his problems have been, an unwilling ness to get stuck in to the griity aspects of english football. id much rather keep van persie than reyes, van persie has had more impact on the league.

Rohit

Established Member
I don't want us to be selling club at all.What is the point of signing a high quality player and let another one leave,back to square one in terms of squad depth then.

Tegh

Established Member
Perhaps we can trade Reyes for Baptista?
Get a bit of midfield steal in there. I'll be sorry to see Reyes go, because he has got the talent and he works hard for the team. It's just a shame he could never get any consistency, nor be played in his correct position.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Yeah i could really see that happening Tegh. But the funny thing is that if he joins real it would be as a LM.

Meek

yeah well done legend. someone needed to step in and say something. well done wenger for finally buying an experienced player. i agree what you said as well, he is a replacement for pires/bergkamp. and he is only 25.

on the reyes issue i feel that if he can learn to stay on his feet and trust in his own ability to beat players he could be World Class.

lee1001

Established Member
I think Rosicky is a straight replacement for Pires. He will play on the left and hopefuly form an exciting trio with Cole and Henry just like the Cole-Pires-Henry trio that has been a cornerstone to our success over the past 7 years.

I also think he will be superb in a 4-5-1 formation supporting Henry in the attack.

Rohit

Established Member
I like Baptista,he has the strength of an elephant but having watched him ( quite a lot for Madrid ) he does'nt have the tenacity for a Vieira-esqe box-to-box midfielder.

We need a CM with some fire and tenacity,something Gilberto lacks and so does Baptista.Vieira had it and he looks so out of place in Italy right now,the league does'nt suit his personality,it's too dull.Keane had it,Gerrard has it but i hav'nt seen it in Baptista.

Legend#1

Established Member
Baptista is NOT a CM or a DM.. He's a striker.

He's an average CM.

For DM, i'd like to see Zokora, Bodmer, Mavuba, Gago et al.

Meek

legend 1, have you being posting on the official arsenal thread on football365 forums? because i am reading the same stuff there

coleandclichy

I don't know if anyone else thinks, but I think with Rosicky, and considering we have such attacking wing-backs, Arsenal could play in the same formation as AC Milan.

For example, (insert Hleb, or whoever, this is just what I wouldn't mind seeing):

Pires - Gilberto - Rosicky - Fabregas

Cole - Senderos - Toure - Eboue

The midfield contains players who can all keep possesion well, and move the ball precisely (no Reyes you see), so Arsenal would be able to keep control. Believe me, players like Rosicky love seeing wing-backs like Eboue, Cole bursting down the wings, providing targets. Add our legend Henry, and maybe even Walcott up top, and the midfield have some fantastic runners to provide pin-point balls to.

This team would dominate. If Reyes in a swap with Baptista (starting to get underrated heavily on AM), and a young keeper like Pele, Arsenal would have a team that really does rival Barcelona as the best in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom