• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

U21 WC 2005

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
will be played 10 June - 2 July in Holland. Already got tickets for Holland's group matches (so I'll be able to tell you how Quincy is doing) & Brazil - Nigeria. Does anybody have suggestions for other interesting teams/players to watch.

Qualified teams:

group A: Australia, Benin, Holland & Japan
group B: China, Panama, Turkey & Ukraine
group C: Chile, Honduras, Morocco & Spain
group D: Argentina, Egypt, Germany & USA
group E: Canada, Colombia, Italy & Syria
group F: Brazil, Korea, Nigeria & Switzerland

SAKURABA

Colombia...check Freddy Guarin the fm legend....he's awesome in real too...got a firece long-shot and a good vision...he's going to boca jr next year...

Freddy Adu and Eddie Gaven for Usa...

Fabregas!

clockwork orange

Thanx, unfortunately Colombia play their group matches the same time Brazil play their's. Hope they QF for KO stages.

Is it already sure Cesc will play? and Senderos? I haven't seen any confirmation yet.

yonatan

Senderos was playing for the U21 side but due to him being so awesome that he isn't anymore. I'm quite sure Cesc will play though.

clockwork orange

eddie_wills said:
This'll be interesting

is it on TV in England? Eurosport?

Don't know, but I doubt it since England didn't qualify, maybe on Eurosport or any of the free streaming sites.

clockwork orange

yonatan said:
Senderos was playing for the U21 side but due to him being so awesome that he isn't anymore. I'm quite sure Cesc will play though.

Thanx, that's good news on Cesc, now I need to get tickets for 1 of Spain's matches...

clockwork orange

velimir85 said:
Eurosport adores this kind of competition,so I guess it will be there...

Yep I'm pretty sure you can watch it anywhere on continental Eurosport, but they have a different schedule for the British Isles. I remember being being disappointed a couple of times when I lived in the UK.

velimir85

leonardo santiago said:
velimir85 said:
Eurosport adores this kind of competition,so I guess it will be there...

Yep I'm pretty sure you can watch it anywhere on continental Eurosport, but they have a different schedule for the British Isles. I remember being being disappointed a couple of times when I lived in the UK.

Bummer...

Aussie

Established Member
Australia will win it without raising a swaet. Dont see the point in the other teams turning up.

GlasgowGooner

Its actually the Under 20 World Championships.

Quincy will be playing for Holland, thats our only player in these championships.

Aussie

Established Member
velimir85 said:
Aussie said:
Australia will win it without raising a swaet. Dont see the point in the other teams turning up.

:D optimistical :D who's playing for you anyway?

James Smith - Quality striker from my home town.

Paul Russo - Supposed to be a top goalie

Its in the bag for us.

velimir85

Aussie said:
velimir85 said:
Aussie said:

Its in the bag for us.

Que sera sera :D I might follow it as well,got some spare time these days...

clockwork orange

From FIFA regulations for the tournament:

Article 24 c) All players shall be born on or after 1 January 1985.

So actually it's an U20.5 WC...

clockwork orange

Aussie said:
velimir85 said:
Aussie said:

Its in the bag for us.

Not to sure about that. Anyway I've got tickets for Australia v Holland at the groupstages. I'll watch Smith & Russo carefully.

Weakerthan

I went to a few games during the last competition in 2003. Very good fun. Argentina had some great players in their team. I said hello to Luis Gonzales and Cavenaghi. I also saw an England game where Jerome Thomas featured, which was neat.

Unfortunately, I never did see a Brazil game, which is a shame because when I saw them on Tv, they played some good attacking football. They won in the end.

patrick42uk

Established Member
it starts on the day my exams finish so i'm particularly looking forward to this. and i did think it was the u20s world cup. hopefully eurosport do show it.

theres also the confederations cup which doesnt seem to be getting a lot of media attention, but the dates overlap with the u20s wc so a lot of football to start the summer off with.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom