• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL: Arsenal v AS Monaco - 25/2/15, 19:45 - SS5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Patience is a key worried and I kind of get worried at the Emirates in these sort of places because they have the tendency to be a tad impatient.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Suspect the starting line up here will again point to Welbeck being above Theo in the pecking order.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

GDeep said:
Suspect the starting line up here will again point to Welbeck being above Theo in the pecking order.
To be fair Theo offers nothing except goals and assists, I expect him to only be used when we are lacking in goal scorers or pace. So as weird as it sounds Welbeck actually offers more as a player when goal scoring isn't a problem for us.

Ox has made that right wing position his though, I expect Theo and Welbz will both get turfed when he's fit.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
German officials for the match. The main one, Deniz Aytekin, has no restraints when it comes to sending players off. Beware!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.weltfussball.de/schiedsrichter_profil/deniz-aytekin/1/1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.weltfussball.de/schiedsricht ... tekin/1/1/</a>

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Ox and Sanchez are probably our best wide options, certainly in terms of performances this season. Walcott is a brilliant player, and is pure end product, but Ox is a better pure footballer.

We've missed Ox's penetration IMO, he's really come into his own this season, if he adds goals and assists he'll cement his place in our starting XI.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
fabo said:
Cazorla and Coquelin would concern you here - our midfield has been getting killed in recent PL games. Balance of the team looks off atm, and it shows.

It's not a coincidence that this happened on Özil's return. When he starts wide, we can play another AM who drops into midfield to make a 3 when we lose possession. But doing so significantly limits his effect in an attacking sense and weakens us defensively out wide.

Playing him in the centre (as has happened since Sanchez returned) weakens our ability to compete in central midfield. We are overrun because when it comes to winning duels in congested areas, Özil contributes zilch. Yet pre that, even an out of form Ramsey or Rosicky would at least drop in to allow Coquelin to screen the defense rather than trying to win the ball high up the pitch along with Cazorla (the latter of whom doesn't know what to do with himself right now).

If it's about balance, Özil starts on the bench and comes on when we're winning and the game has opened up. The only way Özil starts as a #10 in my view without screwing up the balance is Wenger picking two defensively combative midfielders behind him as he did when he arrived with Petit and Vieira. This would ofcourse mean dropping mobile players like Cazorla/Rosicky/Wilshere for someone more disciplined and stronger in the tackle.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Rosicky or Chamberlain in midfield? Rest of the team picks itself really.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
Need to make sure they don't nick an away goal. We're in big trouble if they do because they'll be immensely difficult to score against on their turf.

- - - - - - - - - - - - Ospina
- Bellerin - - Mert - - Kos - - Monreal
- - - - - - - Coquelin - - Cazorla
- Walcott - - - - - - Özil - - - - - - Alexis
- - - - - - - - - - - - Giroud

Nice 2-0 to take into the 2nd leg, lovely jubbly. :)

cannonade

Established Member
^

Think that's the lineup, but I don't Theo offers much against a a packed defense, so we'll probably see Welbeck or the Ox, most likely Welbeck because he's been just decent enough.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Not that nervous yet. Will be far far more nervous for the return leg. Problem with the first leg is that quite often you only judge the result after the other leg is played.

Therefore I would be very happy if we could win this convincingly.

I'ld go for Rosicky. Do agree with TGG on Ox, Theo and Sanchez.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It should be a good game.
We should win it,my guess is that the score will be 3-1
I think though is that they will get away goal,and it be because of a silly mistake

RUS arsenal

Established Member
yousif_arsenal said:
Monaco are very strong defensive team yeah they playing in Ligue 1 but still they are good defensively they don't have talented players upfront but we should be careful in set pieces specially.

Ospina

Bellerin Mertesacker Kosh Monreal

Coqulien Rosicky

Walcott Cazorla Alexis

Cazorla

if we win this 2-0 we are 90% qualified to next round important here to not concede a goal.

If only clonning was that easy :lol: :wink:

MrBump

They're not attacking at all........ Coquelin just needs to be disciplined and we'll be fine at the back

Ospina
Bellerin - mertesCker - koscielny - nacho
Coquelin
Rosicky - Özil
Cazorla - Giroud - Alexis

Szescney, chambers, Gabriel, Gibbs, Flamini, jack, Wellbeck, Akpon

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Is it true that Toulalan is out for this match? Would be a blessing if true, I consider him to be one of the most underrated players this past decade.

mo50

Established Member
Trilly said:
GDeep said:
To be fair Theo offers nothing except goals and assists, I expect him to only be used when we are lacking in goal scorers or pace. So as weird as it sounds Welbeck actually offers more as a player when goal scoring isn't a problem for us.

Ox has made that right wing position his though, I expect Theo and Welbz will both get turfed when he's fit.

Funny how goals/assists win you games. What does Welbeck offer? Hard work, grit and a lot of running? Well that's not what I want nor expect from one of the attacking positions. Theo should be starting hands down, he's deadly inside the box. Watching Welbeck try and score is painful.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Not much been said about Moutinho, he's their only real class player. Massive fan of his. Think we'll need Jack over Cazorla to be able to handle a midfield 3 of Kondogbia, Moutinho and Toulalan. Could be far too much for a midfield pair of Coquelin-Santi. Especially with Özil's lack of defensive effort.

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out
Rex Banner said:
Not much been said about Moutinho, he's their only real class player. Massive fan of his. Think we'll need Jack over Cazorla to be able to handle a midfield 3 of Kondogbia, Moutinho and Toulalan. Could be far too much for a midfield pair of Coquelin-Santi. Especially with Özil's lack of defensive effort.

Their midfield can cause us some trouble. I think we are going to need to dominate on the wings with Alexis and Theo to spread their defense and hope Giroud has his shooting boots on to win this one.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
mo50 said:
Trilly said:
GDeep said:

Funny how goals/assists win you games. What does Welbeck offer? Hard work, grit and a lot of running? Well that's not what I want nor expect from one of the attacking positions. Theo should be starting hands down, he's deadly inside the box. Watching Welbeck try and score is painful.

In Welbeck's last two starts against Sp**s & Palace he has played a vital part in the build up play of all our 3 goals in these matches. I am not saying I believe Welbeck should or shouldn't start ahead of Walcott or OX but his contribution shouldn't be undervalued.

pikey2000

We are at home and we need to exert our dominance, the away game we can set up like we did against City (and tried to against Sp**s).

I'd like to see us start fast and rattle them early, if we can get an early goal their confidence will drop - do the damage at the Emirates and keep it tight at Monaco.

Seriously don't want to be going into a second leg chasing the game again!

Have some confidence boys! Alexis, Özil, Santi, Giroud, Walcott - lets see what their defence is really made of!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

• A_G
Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom